Nawab of Kalabagh: The Man Who Knew Too Much

some pics

the one in the center

60465711.jpg

his house

51806613.jpg

too bad nawab was killed by his sons for property

and can someone clarify this

NOK had two daughters; one was still single. For some time, he had been mulling over the proposal of Dr Tahir Toosi who was the son of a close friend of his. This young man was well educated and handsome but he was a Kashmiri and that was not acceptable to the Nawab’s family.

why was a kashmiri unacceptable for nawabs , do they consider them as somewhat lower ?

He was not killed for property case. This was the trap made by Bhotto and make things like that his son trap in it and killed his own Father.

If I was alive at that time; I would've supported Fatima Jinnah - Our Mother - through thick and thin !

And this is precisely the reason why I don't respect Ayub Khan or anyone else who sided with him; how can any self-respecting Pakistani dare to stand in elections for the highest office when he knows that the Madar-e-Millat is contesting it !

She was ordinary woman, no need to make her saint.

Then you know nothing about her.

After Quaid-e-Azam she was everything that was good in Pakistan and the embodiment of the promise our country held.

Well is there any article on her like this one on Nawab? I would like to read more about her.

She was ordinary woman, no need to make her saint.
ok lets see
an ordinary women who was considered a leader by all the classes of pakistani people
a women chosen by all the parties of the grand opposition against ayub khan as their presidential canditate (surly u do know what powers our 1962s constitution gave to the president )
now think again

Governance does not reside in one person; Leadership does.

She was Our Mother; she knew the essence of what it means to be the leader of Pakistanis for that is something she learned from her Brother and she gave everything up for us Pakistanis - fame, fortune, family...every single thing.

Woe on to me if I dare to stand in opposition to Our Mother.
i personally believe had she won (which he should have but ayub forced everyone to vote for him)
our history onward would have been entirely different

Governance does not reside in one person; Leadership does.

She was Our Mother; she knew the essence of what it means to be the leader of Pakistanis for that is something she learned from her Brother and she gave everything up for us Pakistanis - fame, fortune, family...every single thing.

Woe on to me if I dare to stand in opposition to Our Mother.

i respect your feelings for your freedom fighter , but winning elections and governance after independence should be kept separate from that . This is the reason why even gandhi never contested any elections and asked for dismantling of congress , if you look at the current scenario of the congress party you would know he was damn right about it . People should not have any obligation while choosing their representative , it should be purely based on merit & interests only then the nation can progress .

i respect your feelings for your freedom fighter , but winning elections and governance after independence should be kept separate from that . This is the reason why even gandhi never contested any elections and asked for dismantling of congress , if you look at the current scenario of the congress party you would know he was damn right about it . People should not have any obligation while choosing their representative , it should be purely based on merit & interests only then the nation can progress .

You misunderstand me; I am basing my decision purely on 'merit' and 'sincerity to the people' !

She was not a bystander during the Pakistan Movement; she was an integral and important part of it who learned what Pakistan we wished to create from her Brother. And Muslim History has been so deplete of leaders who were sincere to us that one must grab one with both hands whenever they present themselves - She was that sincere leader !

no matter
NOK governed West Pakistan with an iron hand; he developed a reputation for being a harsh administrator who remained well informed. His system of intelligence was almost flawless, based primarily on direct reports from the district administration and personal contacts. He once surprised Jahandad Khan, his military secretary, by telling him that before approving his appointment, he had looked deep in to Jahandad’s family background and knew that his grandfather was the first in his area to have performed the Hajj. NOK was financially clean. Decades after his exit, no financial scandals were associated with him or his family. There is no evidence that his assets increased while he was in power. He was very punctual and hard working. Keenly aware of the dangers of nepotism, he kept his family at a distance; they were not allowed to stay at the Governor House. Muzzafar, his eldest son and heir apparent, was once harshly reprimanded by the Governor when he tried to sit with his father in the back seat of the official car; the Governor made him sit in the front seat with the driver saying that the back seat was meant for his military secretary.

no matter what others say, i would say that he was the best leader we had...... and today we need leaders like him, if we want to move forward......

You misunderstand me; I am basing my decision purely on 'merit' and 'sincerity to the people' !

She was not a bystander during the Pakistan Movement; she was an integral and important part of it who learned what Pakistan we wished to create from her Brother. And Muslim History has been so deplete of leaders who were sincere to us that one must grab one with both hands whenever they present themselves - She was that sincere leader !

if you liked her bcz of her sincerity then i have no problem , if she was better than ayub khan then i think she deserved a chance.

here in india we have corrupt congress leaders going door to door asking people to vote for their party since it was their party which brought independence and hence people should oblige . I don't approve of this BS .

If I was alive at that time; I would've supported Fatima Jinnah - Our Mother - through thick and thin !

And this is precisely the reason why I don't respect Ayub Khan or anyone else who sided with him; how can any self-respecting Pakistani dare to stand in elections for the highest office when he knows that the Madar-e-Millat is contesting it !

he did good things for Pakistan but eventually he should have stepped down...his son acted like a fool and trying to alienate the sister of the father of the nation was unforgivable

Well is there any article on her like this one on Nawab? I would like to read more about her.

In that case, I suggest you better read something about Fatima Jinnah first before calling shots on her. After Quad-e-Azam, she was probably the best thing to happen to this country but some morons denied us that opportunity and look where we stand today.

What followed after rigged 1965 elections in which Fatima Jinnah lost, is clear in front of us. An incompitent ruling bunch that did injustic in East Pakistan and laid a foundation of fall of dhaka in coming years. Had Fatima Jinnah achieved victory in those elections, I'm sure things would have been different than what they are today.

@save_ghenda just food for thought for you

'Bangla bundhu' Shaikh Mujeeb ur Rehman was the 'Chief Polling agent' of Mutherma Fatima Jinnah in the presidential election she contested against Ayub Khan ..... can you imagine the journey of Mujeeb from being the Cheif Polling agent of Madar-e-Millat in 1965 to the status of 'Bangla Bundhu' in 1971

On topic Nawab Kalabagh had two qualities which the current political elite of Pakistan severely lacks

1- He was a good Administrator
2- & he was not corrupt in financial matter.

In that case, I suggest you better read something about Fatima Jinnah first before calling shots on her. After Quad-e-Azam, she was probably the best thing to happen to this country but some morons denied us that opportunity and look where we stand today.

What followed after rigged 1965 elections in which Fatima Jinnah lost, is clear in front of us. An incompitent ruling bunch that did injustic in East Pakistan and laid a foundation of fall of dhaka in coming years. Had Fatima Jinnah achieved victory in those elections, I'm sure things would have been different than what they are today.

I didn't said anything against her, read my posts. Pakistanis have habbit of making ordinary people in to something they are not. Current generation is brainwashed with madar-e-millat propaganda.

1) The first time I heard the name 'Nawab of Kalabagh' was by a cricket commentator: He was commenting on Imran Khan's limp and casual handshakes with General Zia and PM Junejos after cricket matches. The commentator said: 'Had it been the Nawab of Kalabagh he would have slapped Imran Khan right there and then over such rude behavior'.
2) Although my family, like most Karachi-ites, supported Moh. Fatima Jinnah against Ayub, I think Ayub won on merit: By 1965 much had been achieved in Pakistan since 1958. Miss Jinnah was very old then and was chosen as a default opposition candidate so that Ayub wouldn't have a cake walk. I retain a lot of respect for her but, as others have said above, having been Mr. Jinnah's sister/confidant doesn't automatically make her an effective leader. If she had come to power then I am afraid it would be a fractious govt--and she was very old anyway.
3) Nawab of Kalabagh's personal integrity, intellectual depth, and administrative skills signify that feudals of Pakistan were/are not always total evil--despite Pakistanis ranting against them. Well look at the so-called 'Middle Class' moron called Altaf Hussein in contrast? Who would you pick if you HAD to pick between one feudal vs one middle class?

Back
Top Bottom