What's new

Navy set to reveal the secret Radar ship by end of this year

This is a ballistic missile and satellite tracking ship. Now how do you think US and Russian X band radars work over 2000 km away?
So how much of Arabian sea in your estimates then?

Radars work on Doppler effect which can be observed most effectively in Line of Sight- since the earth is curved the LOS is limited to approx 50km on sea level altitude- Hence to track something electronically passive on the surface the radar needs to be elevated to a certain height which is only possible to a certain extent-

These LRTR can track upto- 2000km or even more in certain cases in LOS- i.e- with increasing distance from the radar the blind zone increases proportionally WRT altitude- so you can expect an aircraft at 10000ft to come as close as may be 300km or even 100km at 30ft(rough estimates not to be scaled)- so its basically used to track ballistic missile which due to their nature need to gain high altitude making it possible to see them even at 1000-1500km in the space-

So technically speaking it cannot track every thing on the arabiain sea upto 2000km-

Radars work on Doppler effect which can be observed most effectively in Line of Sight- since the earth is curved the LOS is limited to approx 50km on sea level altitude- Hence to track something electronically passive on the surface the radar needs to be elevated to a certain height which is only possible to a certain extent-

These LRTR can track upto- 2000km or even more in certain cases in LOS- i.e- with increasing distance from the radar the blind zone increases proportionally WRT altitude- so you can expect an aircraft at 10000ft to come as close as may be 300km or even 100km at 30ft(rough estimates not to be scaled)- so its basically used to track ballistic missile which due to their nature need to gain high altitude making it possible to see them even at 1000-1500km in the space-

So technically speaking it cannot track every thing on the arabiain sea upto 2000km-

hmm....you are correct my friend.

Regards,
Dash

Back
Top Bottom