What's new

Navistar will deliver 40 NEW MRAP,in calender year 2017

I think Mraps are maintenance heavy that's why the numbers are low.
Sorry that is completely false. It is very low maintenance. We were operating out in southern Angola and northern namibia for months without logistics.

Get South African vehicles and you will be all fine. Buy american garbage, it will be perpetually in the garage like their vehicles.

Sorry that is completely false. It is very low maintenance. We were operating out in southern Angola and northern namibia for months without logistics.

Get South African vehicles and you will be all fine. Buy american garbage, it will be perpetually in the garage like their vehicles.
Namibia damn! I saw Namibia on that car show Grand Tour and that is a very harsh country to be in. Hopefully with the warming up with SA and MoU we will see MRAPs at the very least coming from SA.

Namibia damn! I saw Namibia on that car show Grand Tour and that is a very harsh country to be in. Hopefully with the warming up with SA and MoU we will see MRAPs at the very least coming from SA.
ja. we starting building mineproof vehicles from the findings from Rhodesian farmers who first pioneered this concept using vw beetles. Especially when we were challenged with issues of mines in Angola.
You will every new country trying to make one e.g. UAE, US etc, but the pedigree blue print is still South African. In UAE, Kazakstan etc, essentially these are knock down assembly and label changes; yet the sale still gets registered in our local books as an export to UAE.

If you look at the terraine of Nambia and how difficult and harsh it is, you can only imagine what these vehicles undergo. Put a US vehicle it will fail within weeks - they just cannot make hard vehicles. Furthermore, our vehicles are extremely flexible, you can switch various engines e.g toyota dyna, iveco etc and ease of maintenance.

ja. we starting building mineproof vehicles from the findings from Rhodesian farmers who first pioneered this concept using vw beetles. Especially when we were challenged with issues of mines in Angola.
You will every new country trying to make one e.g. UAE, US etc, but the pedigree blue print is still South African. In UAE, Kazakstan etc, essentially these are knock down assembly and label changes; yet the sale still gets registered in our local books as an export to UAE.

If you look at the terraine of Nambia and how difficult and harsh it is, you can only imagine what these vehicles undergo. Put a US vehicle it will fail within weeks - they just cannot make hard vehicles. Furthermore, our vehicles are extremely flexible, you can switch various engines e.g toyota dyna, iveco etc and ease of maintenance.
You served in that campaign? Must have been a tough journey to Angola over a thousand miles of Namibia's harsh terrain.

You served in that campaign? Must have been a tough journey to Angola over a thousand miles of Namibia's harsh terrain.
Yes was there in the last one. Spent several months on the front line. I even met with cubans who were on the other side around same time a few years ago when i visited that beautiful country. I was deeply honoured by their respect and vice versa.

As one cuban friend told me, we fought then with ak's but now we fight with bandages - this in reference to the thousands of doctors across southern africa.

Namibia was still under our domain then you must recall, we had major forward operations right up into kaprivi strip. It was good 1800km plus from Upington to get north.

Back
Top Bottom