What's new

Pak to get 40 MRAP vehicles

This is well needed for the safety of our boys .

What are you trying to say, I'm only going by what's mentioned in the article.

Mahindra and Navistar had a long running partnership for two joint ventures in India that made trucks, buses and high capacity diesel engines.
I thought MRAP were for commercial use. But Navistar are also a truck maker as well. I completely forgot.

I am only objecting to the part about US order for PA being even a remote reason for the exit, it wasn't.

thats because an Indian cannot think beyond Pakistan, once they read the Word Pakistan it keep hitting rational part of their brain making is dis-functional

The joint products were exclusively for the Indian commercial market, not sure if they made any trucks for the Indian army but as you said, tagging the Indian maker along may have not been successful on the international arena
Joint venture is only for Indian market ,nothing prevents navistar from competing in international markets. In international market they are on their own. They cannot sell products developed with M&M in international market without their permission.

Its still a retarded article. If am not wrong Pakistan army uses Indian owned Land Rovers as well.

Navistar exited the partnership way back in 2012, to insinuate that it did so in the hope of bagging some obscure US order meant for PA 5 years down the line is ridiculous.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...int-ventures-for-rs-175-cr/article4213031.ece
It makes no sense, it is like saying pepsi exited pakistan market bcos they have a partner ship in India. All the major brands have local partnership and they have no bearing on their international activities. Maruti Suzuki cannot object to suzuki manufacturing in pakistan nor pakistan suzuki do the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom