What's new

Naval Market Forecast Newsletter Fleet Renewal in Full Swing

you bunch of jamatis really amuse me, you have strategically the best situation where you have zero threat of invasion from India or Myanmar, and still you fantasize of creating an adversary out of India. I wish we were in your situation of zero hostility from it's neighbors.

As far your psuedo-fantasized bangladeshi naval power projection is concerned, there is a saying in bengali "pagol-e ki na bole, chagol-e ki khai"

What is your threat perception to justify any increment in defense spending ??

Bro, Who dont want to see his/her country in a powerful position? And we just want a Strong Defensive Military not to Attack India. And you know, "Defence less country is just on mercy of the aggresor".

1.Type 056 corvette=8x C-803 AShM, 1× FL-3000N SAM launcher, 1× AK-176 main gun, 2 x 30mm remote weapon systems, 1 x Type 730 CIWS, 2 x 6-tube Type 3200 ASW rocket launchers & ASW Harbin Z-9E on board.
2. For light frigate , how much you want ? how will be happy ? 1000 anti air and ship missile ?
3. BN is upgrading as much as it can, all warships can not be upgraded.

1. ok of me:D. But did not find in wiki!
2. Just 2X of our crovettes armaments will be nice :D
3. no comments :)

Bro, Who dont want to see his/her country in a powerful position? And we just want a Strong Defensive Military not to Attack India. And you know, "Defence less country is just on mercy of the aggresor".

It's just that you have the potential to become one of the most sucessful economies of 21st century, and defence spending and psuedo-military posturing will only be an impediment to your growth. You are one of the rare countries that share good relations with US- Russia-china-India and Euro nations. You can use that to leverage your security concerns and never have to worry about any hegemony by India or China.

Apart from that, you also have the ability to gain from service industry of India, Manufacturing technology of China and access markets of US and Euro, instead if you start posturing yourself as an anti India country as most of your mates in this thread dream of, you will polarize sentiments in Bangladesh, China will use you as a proxy just like it uses pakistan, and you will get engaged with India in border skirmishes for a long long time.

It's just that you have the potential to become one of the most sucessful economies of 21st century, and defence spending and psuedo-military posturing will only be an impediment to your growth. You are one of the rare countries that share good relations with US- Russia-china-India and Euro nations. You can use that to leverage your security concerns and never have to worry about any hegemony by India or China.

Apart from that, you also have the ability to gain from service industry of India, Manufacturing technology of China and access markets of US and Euro, instead if you start posturing yourself as an anti India country as most of your mates in this thread dream of, you will polarize sentiments in Bangladesh, China will use you as a proxy just like it uses pakistan, and you will get engaged with India in border skirmishes for a long long time.

1.we are spending 1.8 percent of our GDP , so nothing to worry about, thanks.
2. for proxy issue , we know how to handle it , as you mentioned we have good relation with all sides.

you bunch of jamatis really amuse me, you have strategically the best situation where you have zero threat of invasion from India or Myanmar, and still you fantasize of creating an adversary out of India. I wish we were in your situation of zero hostility from it's neighbors.

As far your psuedo-fantasized bangladeshi naval power projection is concerned, there is a saying in bengali "pagol-e ki na bole, chagol-e ki khai"
1.Is that supposed to be an insult
2.Oh the ignorance, Myanmar breached into our territory, India trying to sea-lock us and block our water, i won't call it the best position. Also, with a good fleet, our words will have more strength. More so, we have every right to have a strong force to protect our Bay and interests, why does it bother you?
3.We are not your enemy, no need to **** your pants just by seeing procurement of a few ships.

1.Is that supposed to be an insult
2.Oh the ignorance, Myanmar breached into our territory, India trying to sea-lock us and block our water, i won't call it the best position. Also, with a good fleet, our words will have more strength. More so, we have every right to have a strong force to protect our Bay and interests, why does it bother you?
3.We are not your enemy, no need to **** your pants just by seeing procurement of a few ships.
Ok, it seems you enjoy certain affinity to **** ing your pants, but your weird fetish's aside:undecided:, your procurement is barely noticed by anyone, I was just referring to your threat perception, as far as your navy is concerned it would be a big achievement if you could match our coast guards!!!:omghaha:

Ok, it seems you enjoy certain affinity to **** ing your pants, but your weird fetish's aside:undecided:, your procurement is barely noticed by anyone, I was just referring to your threat perception, as far as your navy is concerned it would be a big achievement if you could match our coast guards!!!:omghaha:

sir could you please tell us more about your mighty coast guard ? how many ships , armaments etc

What is your threat perception to justify any increment in defense spending ??

1. Myanmar - BD needs absolute superiority in all areas against this country.

2. Need to have a conventional force that will make India think twice.

1. Myanmar - BD needs absolute superiority in all areas against this country.

2. Need to have a conventional force that will make India think twice.

when we tested c802A missile with range of 180km, india was screaming like what the hell we were doing ?
now just wondering what will be india's reaction when we will conduct test fire of c803 missile with range of 300 km this year :omghaha:

sir could you please tell us more about your mighty coast guard ? how many ships , armaments etc

Although that was meant for sarcasm, ICG does have 93 surface ships and is have 153 ships on order,

P.S "it's spelled Stealthy not Stealty"

Think twice about what??

Any type of military attack.

Look, BD no has territorial claims on any of it's neighbours but it does see it's neighbours arming themselves to the teeth. A friendly India now may turn unfriendly a decade or two from now. Realists base military resource levels on capabilities firstly as intentions can always change in the future.

In the past the reason that defence spending hovered between 1-1.5% of GDP was because the country was so damn poor people were literally starving. Now that the country is in a much better position as regards poverty, it can afford to spend much more of it's wealth on defence than it did before.

Who knows whether BD politicians will bring defence spending levels to what both India and Pakistan spend as a percentage of GDP but you can bet that BD will have a formidable military force within a couple of decades if that is what they decide to do

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom