What's new

Naval LCA will take to skies soon

I thought india did not wanna buy f 35. It would better if india has its own vtol aircraft

IAF don't want to buy it, IN has at least asked for infos on the F35C, the B is not considered but offered by LM too. Short takeoff and vertical landing fighters has their limitations in terms of payload, range... and both, the B and C have no internal gun. IN has no need STOVL fighters anymore, since all carriers will have arrested landing capability and the way the developments are going in the defence field, VTOL armed UAVs are more likely, than a new fighter.

I believe India should scrap this project and focus on procuring the weapon from a foreign source. After all these years of developing LCA, you guys should give those engineers some vacation.

I believe India should scrap this project and focus on procuring the weapon from a foreign source. After all these years of developing LCA, you guys should give those engineers some vacation.

They took a long time to develop the lca, i think the engineers had vacation during their worktime

They took a long time to develop the lca, i think the engineers had vacation during their worktime

I do think they worked hard on LCA, but it simply wasn't as easy as they thought it would be and today we see the same confusion about developing AMCA. Similarly, the switch from LCA to N-LCA isn't that easy and neither will be the switch from AMCA to N-AMCA.
Indian engineers should keep up their hard work, but with less ambitous developments first, or with credible partners.

Back
Top Bottom