What's new

Naval Forces SAT to exercise with SSGN in Pakistan

Good Pakistan should have at least 30000 marines and also increase SSGN as for exercises we can learn a lot together
Forget the marine forces and SSGN, the entire naval arm needs to be given a bigger budget. It is a joke compared to regional navies currently. That won't happen until the Pakistan's armed forces reevaluate their priorities, and the economy improves.

nice to see improving relations b/w pakistan and turkey.

plus

a lot can be learned from SSGN's experience

Let's hope this leads to the next logical step to institutionslise the joing exercises. I also think we should allow Turkey to have permanent rotation rights and even basing its assets in Pakistan if needed.

Most probably after 2020, TAF EDOK will ask for a permanent base or something similar we have in Albania for Western Indian Ocean. A lot of costs having ships deployed there for decades. It decreases the endurance of the ships and honestly I don't find it reliable to get replenishment by USN. Also independent deployer ships need to make all their cruise planning up to their endurance. But right now not yet until TNF reaches overseas surface logistical capability on foreign soils.

PS; SAT exercises usually start with SAT's operational environment to analyse the friendly unit aftermath. Then the SAT&SAS HQ in Istanbul starts planning of alternative doctrines and exercises along with the DEÖK (Naval Education and Training Com.) within participation of the friendly counterparts. Then it's parliamentary approval to schedule the exercises as annually.

I dont think Pakistan would allow any base to Turkey because Pakistan is located at very Close Proximity to Central Asian Lands where Turks are Dominant group would be Resisted by Russia and also due to the Fact that Uighur in China would definitely cause some Resistance from Chinese over Allowing Turkey any Spec Ops base within Pakistan. The best Pakistan and Turkey could do is to Continue with Exercises and design a Unified Training Program and develop a center in both Countries to enhance the Tactical development.

nice to see improving relations b/w pakistan and turkey.

plus

a lot can be learned from SSGN's experience
SSGN is a new force modeled after US Marine and they dont have significant experience infact Turkish SAT might be more Experienced then SSGN IMO. .

Turkey should have supported PN by supplying:
30 RIBS
30 MRTP-20
30 MRTP-33
with installed weapons for free.

SSGN is a new force modeled after US Marine and they dont have significant experience infact Turkish SAT might be more Experienced then SSGN IMO. .

Are you serious? On what basis do you state the above?

30 RIBS
30 MRTP-20
30 MRTP-33

Why stop there? Turkey should have given the PN all the gold in their vaults, half their fighter jets and Their entire surface fleet as well!

Let's hope this leads to the next logical step to institutionslise the joing exercises. I also think we should allow Turkey to have permanent rotation rights and even basing its assets in Pakistan if needed.

We have had limited mutual trainings with the TN for a long time.
The PN also has been sending cadets for training to the TN Academy since long.
Aviation, SSGN, submarines and surface has mutual exercises.

This mutual cooperation can be increased which will be beneficial for both the navies.

30 RIBS
30 MRTP-20
30 MRTP-33

. there are
2 MRTP-15.. Used for coastal and harbor patrol. Most likely operated by the coast guard or the M.S.A.
2 MRTP-33 (PNS Zarrar and PNS Karrar).. used for patrolling.. there was a plan to buy 8 more.
there is no MRTP-20 in PN.

Last edited:
Good Pakistan should have at least 30000 marines and also increase SSGN as for exercises we can learn a lot together
just like that?
even gathering a crowd for victory march of Nawaz league or Iftikhar Chodhary's judiciary movement is not as easy as you made it sound.
before we move on
we need to separate the Pakistan Marine force and the SSGN. both are miles apart in terms of their role, responsibility, manpower and capability
if you had seen the marine force then you would have thrown up before mentioning them in the same sentence with SSGN.

even America with all its military strength , unlimited funds and access to top end technology is known to only have a force of 2000 US Navy SEALs

these special forces guys (now I am talking about the real deal here not the fancy clothes) are a different breed, they are evolved from the normal human beings, their body chemistry is different from us their endurance and their tenacity is above the normal threshold of a human being.
they are really hard to find and filter out from the raw human resource. just their initial screening results in many deaths... forget about the actual training.

the real strength and capabilities of SSGN is classified, consider each individual operative as a few million dollar weapon. I am sorry but there wont be any pictures of them in the media and those guys with the oven gloves are not SSGN

SSGN is a new force modelled after US Marine and they dont have significant experience in fact Turkish SAT might be more Experienced then SSGN IMO. .
I dont have any background data on Turkish SAT
but the origin of SSGN dates back to 60s. yes it is modelled on US Navy SEALs but its far from being a novice. it conducted operations in all major conflicts with India and actually dealt devastating blows to the Mukti Bahini terrorists but without going any further all I can say is that those small victories were not converted into a political victory and stability and east Pakistanis were lost to us well before Indian forces made their last move and crossed the borders. SSGN's UDT experience also dates back to the 60s our operatives train with British Special boat services and American Navy SEALs.

in short SAT might have its own tricks up its sleeves but it wont be "teaching" an amateur

just like that?
even gathering a crowd for victory march of Nawaz league or Iftikhar Chodhary's judiciary movement is not as easy as you made it sound.
before we move on
we need to separate the Pakistan Marine force and the SSGN. both are miles apart in terms of their role, responsibility, manpower and capability
if you had seen the marine force then you would have thrown up before mentioning them in the same sentence with SSGN.

even America with all its military strength , unlimited funds and access to top end technology is known to only have a force of 2000 US Navy SEALs

these special forces guys (now I am talking about the real deal here not the fancy clothes) are a different breed, they are evolved from the normal human beings, their body chemistry is different from us their endurance and their tenacity is above the normal threshold of a human being.
they are really hard to find and filter out from the raw human resource. just their initial screening results in many deaths... forget about the actual training.

the real strength and capabilities of SSGN is classified, consider each individual operative as a few million dollar weapon. I am sorry but there wont be any pictures of them in the media and those guys with the oven gloves are not SSGN

but the origin of SSGN dates back to 60s. yes it is modelled on US Navy SEALs but its far from being a novice. it conducted operations in all major conflicts with India and actually dealt devastating blows to the Mukti Bahini terrorists but without going any further all I can say is that those small victories were not converted into a political victory and stability and east Pakistanis were lost to us well before Indian forces made their last move and crossed the borders. SSGN's UDT experience also dates back to the 60s our operatives train with British Special boat services and American Navy SEALs.

in short SAT might have its own tricks up its sleeves but it wont be "teaching" an amateur
USA Navy has around 250000 marines and special forces of USA marines are not SEALS I am only saying 30000 Marines of PAK 2000 SSGN will be good

Small Numbers and not much is available about SSGN operations in Internet that could be reason for my ignorance in this regards about SSGN's Potential so thanks for providing some Clarity about their previous Operations and different situation they encounter.

I have clarified of mistaking SSGN with US Marine instead its Navy Seals and they are also very Potent Spec ops as well. Pakistan need to grow their total Spec ops size by providing opportunities to Good performing Military and Paramilitary soldiers in Training and should Introduce INTEGRATED Training Program of SSG, SSGN and SSW for Seniors to perform their respective roles with Different Tactics to enhance their Capabilities in operation.

Back
Top Bottom