What's new

NATO supplies, military bills: Pakistan, US agree on new framework

What I'm thinking right now, is how will the difa-e-council of Pakistan react to this?

What will be the reaction of Hafiz Saeed and ilk?

What I'm thinking right now, is how will the difa-e-council of Pakistan react to this?

What will be the reaction of Hafiz Saeed and ilk?

Difa-e-Pakistan Council.

They are a bunch of morons. My hopes are with Imran Khan, but then they have to be elected by this nation too.

On TV in South Punjab I heard this man go "Paway kuch vi ho, mainu barbaad kardalay, mera satyanass hojavay, main Gilani nu vote dewanga, oday putar nnu wi vote dewanga, O saday peer ay, murshid ay" (Whether anything happens, he ruins me or destroys me, I will vote for Gilani and even vote for his son, he is our saint, our leader).

It is easy to sometimes wonder why do I have the equal number of votes compared to that guy?

Difa-e-Pakistan Council.

They are a bunch of morons. My hopes are with Imran Khan, but then they have to be elected by this nation too.

On TV in South Punjab I heard this man go "Paway kuch vi ho, mainu barbaad kardalay, mera satyanass hojavay, main Gilani nu vote dewanga, oday putar nnu wi vote dewanga, O saday peer ay, murshid ay" (Whether anything happens, he ruins me or destroys me, I will vote for Gilani and even vote for his son, he is our saint, our leader).

It is easy to sometimes wonder why do I have the equal number of votes compared to that guy?

lol. I know what that means, my dear. I am a Punjabi myself.

in fact, you know, that is something I have ever wondered myself.

In fact it is a major flaw in Westminster style democracy that the vote of everyone is equal.

How can the vote of an Albert Einstein ever be equal to that of his minion? How can the vote of Edhi be equal to that of a suicide bomber? It can't be. It shouldn't be.

That's why I believe there should be a system of weighted votes in place. Something based on what I call 'usefulness index'. The more useful you are to the country and to the society, the more weighate your vote should have. Simple.

Someone like a convicted criminal should have a wieghtage of zero.

P.S....Hina Rabbani Khar, if looks could kill! :smitten:

Difa-e-Pakistan Council.

I am sorry, but i don't see too much support for Imran Khan also and some time he is also not very clear cut on certain policies.

Though i hope he wins.....

I am sorry, but i don't see too much support for Imran Khan also and some time he is also not very clear cut on certain policies.

Though i hope he wins.....

Like? I am thinking to vote IK, may be your thoughts help me understand he's not a right guy..

lol. I know what that means, my dear. I am a Punjabi myself.

in fact, you know, that is something I have ever wondered myself.

In fact it is a major flaw in Westminster style democracy that the vote of everyone is equal.

How can the vote of an Albert Einstein ever be equal to that of his minion? How can the vote of Edhi be equal to that of a suicide bomber? It can't be. It shouldn't be.

That's why I believe there should be a system of weighted votes in place. Something based on what I call 'usefulness index'. The more useful you are to the country and to the society, the more weighate your vote should have. Simple.

Someone like a convicted criminal should have a wieghtage of zero.

P.S....Hina Rabbani Khar, if looks could kill! :smitten:

That's an interesting point, but it fails where most concepts fail...in the practicality, thanks to the unceasing ability of the human nature to allow emotions and greed to overshadow any needs of the wider nation. A weighted system would fall pray to the same people that take advantage of the current system. How does one differentiate between two people? How do you decide who is more qualified between you and me? Is it based on education, because those who have more money, have more opportunity...you may easily be giving the majority of the vote right back to the elite, who are running for power in the first place. Equally, what is a convicted criminal, are we talking criminals in the American and European sense, or the south Asian variety, where criminals may just as likely be a person who's biggest crime was his political allegiance.

A far more effective way to truly implement democracy, is to provide those less fortunate or less intelligent the education that will allow them to see the proverbial light. Education is the path to enlightenment, requiring exposure to diverse thought and expanding the understanding of it's pupils. We want people to vote based on what we think is right, problem is, we have not provided them with the requisite skills to decide for themselves what is right and wrong. Pakistanis vote based on regional loyalties, neighborhood needs, and ethnic similarities...what no one votes for, is the good of Pakistan...maybe that is because we, as a nation, have never though on a scale large enough to understand the wider implications of our actions. Maybe, we don't even grasp that a larger stage than our city block even exists. Education will always be the quickest way to take advantage of democracy for the better. Otherwise, it is just another fancy political system that the elites will use for their own gain.

All I can say is that some of you may now have a better idea for some of the views that I have repeatedly expressed. It saddens me no end, but then again, truth is often quite harsh.

On a lighter note, what was that Bernard Shaw story again ??

Sir. Either I know your country better than you do or you are lying.

There is one and only one power centre in Pakistan and that is the Pak Army.

Nothing in Pakistan happens without the consent of the Army, let alone something as important as this.

You see, Pakistan Army is the tree around which all the heroes and heroins of the proverbial Bollywood dance...

I enjoyed your description of the Army's role, really made my day........
On a serious note, the Army was that tree however, after Kiyani came to power, he vowed to completely cut-off the military from national politics as he the Army's interference, although at the behest of the people, but detrimental to the Army's image in the long run.
The army has since then applied "Ku77a Break(Local slang for handbreak)" on it's role in national politics. Kiyani is thus, probably, the most apolitical CoAS in Pakistan's history.

I can't help it yaar, mujhe toh rona araha hai at the depths that we as a country have stooped to. Don't you feel the same way? What is the value of life? Now people will aspire to get hit by US consulate staff and get some money.

US bringing to Pakistan > Lives for money Program. I just want to know what is my rate?

What a pathetic decision. So, so shameful. Flags should be left at half mast today in national sorrow.

I understand, politics is not a game of the weak, particularly Pakistani politics.
You and me are pawns in a much larger game my friend, you know what I do and you know how I have been doing it(Visit TT introduction section if you don't). My job is to look after my nation's interests, even when it runs counter to my own. Like I said, a permanent blockade was impossible.........at least with this govt in power, we needed someone who knows the Americans, someone who can hold their ground. I have people in mind but none from the civilian establishment.

Jithon di khoti...

Bass... As expected Military leaders got fed their money, and supply route is resumed.

24 shaheeds, is nothing for GHQ, the golf and afternoon tea of the generals should go on.

If general Kayani wants the budget for his digestive biscuits, I like to volunteer myself to be blown up by drone attacks for the sake of this army's generals.

Sab gaye khu khaatay main in kambakhton ke pait bharay rahain.

What a two dollar ho, these generals have reduced the country to. Laanat, Laanat, sau lanat on these lanti kirdaars.

Tamaam hum watanon ko '2 dolla ho' status mubarak ho.

yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i left the forum after raymond davis case i was so disappointed that i could not wanted to see any defense related thing after that.
my first thought was why we need that much defense budget????
why we need these F-16s, JF 17s , why we need Nukes???
why we are proud of ISI???
Why are we proud of our 7th largest army in the world????
what are they for ???
if any nation be it US of A or any else comes kills and goes to home safely. then what is the purpose of these ???
if we have decided to live like this (behgairati say jeena hai ) then why not facilitate our poor ???
give this huge defense budget to run the economy. to run the govt.

Oh well! Whatever happened to Pakistan's professed indignation against the US of A that resulted in stopping NATO supplies? Why this sudden change of heart? Is it because of the moolah that the Yanks will be dishing out? Never mind the drone attacks and the murder of a couple of dozen soldiers who in any case are expendable in this great geo strategic game called the WOT! It's the money, stupid!

But the anti-American Mullah's brigade ain't gonna like this one bit! The TTP are now probably getting their suicide vests together which they had mothballed earlier, and sharpening their claws for a bloody fight.

So americans have finally managed to impress Pakistani foreign policy makers.

Back
Top Bottom