What's new

NATO fuel tankers set ablaze in Pakistan

I agree that the torching of the trucks was unnecessary, & the fuel that the US/NATO paid for could have been 'stolen' & used by Pakistanis inside Pakistan.

we own it but with US company insure them any truck burnt attacked insurance cover it . we all know its risky job to tranfer this sh1t in afghanistan thats why its with terms of insurance otherwise no idiot like his 60 lakhs truck burn for a trip .

Vehicle insurance are by home country ..

A vehicle cant be insured from other country as a general rule.

The amount if i am not mistaken will be paid up by some Pakistani insurance company... But i am not sure on that.

I agree that the torching of the trucks was unnecessary, & the fuel that the US/NATO paid for could have been 'stolen' & used by Pakistanis inside Pakistan.

Its usually the Taliban who torches these ones.

Im not sure whether they like to share the fuel, if ever they steal it from the tankers.

By the same drone strikes whose fuel is being interdicted to the merriment of Pakistani members here :D

The drone strikes have taken place mostly in North Waziristan & South Waziristan. Mullah Nazir of the TTP was in South Waziristan, the Hafiz Gul Bahadur group of the TTP in North Waziristan, the Mehsud group of the TTP in North Waziristan (& also some in South Waziristan & Orakzai Agency), & the Haqqani group in North Waziristan & Kurram Agency. Mullah Nazir & Hafiz Gul Bahadur split from the Mehsud group TTP. The Mehsud group in North Waziristan was the only main threat to the Pakistan Army. In other words, the only drone strike that helped Pakistan was the one that killed Baitullah Mehsud.

However, the biggest threat to Pakistan came from the Malakand, Mohmand, Bajaur, Dir (corresponding to the Kunar & Nuristan provinces of Afghanistan). Mullah Fazlullah (working in collusion with the dead Sufi Mohammad of the TSNM) has his strongholds in Kunar after being driven out by the Pakistan Army after being driven out of the Swat & Malakand regions of Pakistan. Qari Zia Rehman was a threat to Pakistan's Bajaur region, & it is not clear whether he got killed by the Pakistan Army, or by something else. Maulvi Faqir Muhammad & Omar Khalid were a threat to the Mohmand region of Pakistan. Notice that none of these regions have drone strikes going on, & it is the efforts of the Pakistan Army that has resulted in the weakening of the TTP. Even more than the Pakistan Army, it is the efforts of the ISI that have caused splits & divides in the TTP. As the territory held by terrorists diminishes, there are clashes & conflicts between various terrorist groups (a few days ago, between the Afridi Taliban group & the Lashkr-e-Islam Mangal Bagh group in the Tirah Valley, Khyber Agency).

Its usually the Taliban who torches these ones.

With 6% approval rating for the US in Pakistan, I wouldn't be surprised if the Taliban were not responsible for this.

Bilal, I am just reading from the link u quoted...

It's not correct, but even if you follow the latest events transpiring there coming out of various sources, you will see that the TTP has fragmented & is getting brutally eradicated. Of course the Western media outlets would want to take credit for that, no matter how devoid of logic their argument is.

Anyways, let's get back to the topic of discussion.

NATO fuel tankers set ablaze in Pakistan?

borat-high-five.jpg

Says who? If everthing was paid upfront Pakistan would not be cribbing that they have not been paid for 2010 till date.

The payments have been made upfront, which is why there is talk & cribbing inside the United States Congress/Senate of 'aid with strings attached & conditions met' for Pakistan.

Says who? If everthing was paid upfront Pakistan would not be cribbing that they have not been paid for 2010 till date.

Those must be private payments , an arrangement with the local logistics provider, not the state.

The transit fee, taxes for the NATO trucks haven't been paid; as well as other (non-fuel related) military aid (such as using Pakistani bases, & other services provided by Pakistan) used for maintaining the military, & a big part of the civilian aid that was promised as well. This has got nothing to do with the fuel or the tankers. The payments for the fuel are made upfront.

The transit fee, taxes for the NATO trucks haven't been paid; as well as other non-fuel related military aid (such as using Pakistani bases, & other services provided by Pakistan), & a big part of the civilian aid that was promised as well. This has got nothing to do with the fuel or the tankers, the latter which are owned by private owners.

And i dont think they will pay now either if they havent advanced the amount to private parties.

So the loss is for Pakistan only and here people rejoiced on their own loss. If its small truck owner, its a huge loss for his livelihood , also to the driver.

And i dont think they will pay now either if they havent advanced the amount to private parties.

So the loss is for Pakistan only and here people rejoiced on their own loss. If its small truck owner, its a huge loss for his livelihood , also to the driver.

It is the loss for the NATO in Afghanistan, as well as financial loss for the US. There is financial loss for private Pakistani individuals as well (owners & drivers).

It is the loss for the NATO in Afghanistan, as well as financial loss for the US. There is financial loss for private Pakistani individuals as well (owners & drivers).

Fuel loss mainly.

Fuel prices are bound to touch 150 per barrel.. as per economists here due to Iran sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom