What's new

NATO Forces Kill 13 Pak FC's out of a total of 27!

The video is obviously selective. Its possible the fighting moved from the outpost and into a rocky region. From the rubble picture it seems like its one building in the middle of nowhere. Thats probably the outpost which was editted out in the UAV footage.

So the Americans and Afghans were trying to setup a post on our side of the border and they met resistence from the FC and then decided to fire upon our people.

Why were they coming into disputed territory? This is not self-defence.

Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Islamabad, said: "The clashes are said to have involved an area ... called the White Peak, which is a contested area between Afghans and the Pakistanis.

"We were told that 80 Afghan and US forces occupied this area. They wanted to set up a forward post, we were told, but they were met with resistance. After that, the drones and bombers went into action.

"There big questions now as to why the Americans want to set up a forward base at this peak."
Al Jazeera English - News - Us: Border Raid Was 'Self Defence'

BBC=>Berchaoda broadcasting corporation

Dude why blame the BBC? They're simply quoting a different source (RAND) and they made this amply clear.

BBC always airs all different points of views. Its probably the fairest news agency on the planet.

And the US will accept the launch of a nuke with peace charged aplomb!

Such a thing will never happen.

Talking of the nuke.

The peak is disputed....

Perhaps the Americans though that it would give them some strategic advantage if they occupied the peak.
Then that was quie stupid. They should've asked us before.

Infact as we've said no foreign troops on our soil.

If indeed the peak is disputed, then it is anyone's land.

If the PA was there, then it was Pakistan's land.

If they were not there and it was disputed, then the issue takes a different hue.

To avoid such unfortunate incidents, areas where PA is operating should be known to the US.

Blain

For starters, no more supplies or at least we ration them - if they have coordinates for our positions it seems to me we ought not neglect theirs, fixed wing aircraft within 50 km of pakistani territory will be met by CAP with standing orders to engage and shoot down if our territory is crossed.

And I would declare these publically, not just for citizens of Pakistan but the world - these are our red lines.

And I would want a public adress about US policy objectives in Afghanistan - why are they still there - don't be too suprised if they make it there permanent home and then what will be the implications for Pakistan??

This is what I've been saying since the trouble started. We need actions!

US drones bomb Pakistani villages and kill Pakistani civilians and soldiers "acciently". Huge outcry from the media till and US/NATO offer their apology and we move on....within weeks we forget all about it till the next raid occurs.
Are we getting used to it? What's holding us back then..? F-16"s, USaid...??

Remember how Iran reacted when US "accidently" shot down a packed Iranair Airbus over the Gulf?

We too need to create a precedent, retaliate in same fashion..."accidently" shoot down some of theirs. :sniper:

Pakistan's under officials should need to start whinning and start doing media releases for "U.S. forces not doing enough".

It's not what the US will have done to it's credibility, though it is important, in my opinion, it is more important what Us society has suffered at home.

It is a very different US society and a perhaps most may not see it yet, but it is also a very different govt - a society of fear, built on fear - and an erosion of liberty -- a society with problems telling friend from foe, indeed, these distinctions no longer exist, everyone is a foe.

Sir,

With all respect for the American society, how is this our problem? You reap what you sow, for decennia US has been alienating arabs and arming Israel to the teeth to get strategic debth in ME. 9/11 is a direct result of US' bisaed ME policy but the whole world has to suffer now for their mistakes!

"..two United States Air Force F-15E fighter-bombers and one B-1 bomber dropped about a dozen bombs — mostly 500-pound munitions — on the attackers. An Air Force statement said the militants were struck "in the open and in buildings in the vicinity of Asadabad."

The above is also from the IHT

notic the video shows 3 bomb blasts, but this report says about a dozen bombs were dropped -- also notice "buildings in the vicinty of asadabad - whereas the video repeatedly says there no structures in the vacinity.

Tribesmen sifting through the rubble of a residential structure after an air strike by U.S. forces in the Mohamand region at the Pakistan-Afghan border on Wednesday. (Mohammad Shahkar/Reuters)

The above is from todays International Herald Tribune -- but the narration in the unedited US video of the event repeatedly states that there are no structures around.

What have I missed?? Have I got this wrong?

23d9a5c94016accc46fec83a448911aa.jpg

So much for the attempted clarification of the US position by releasing the UAV video.

The video we are talking about. Is it EVEN RELATED??

No idea really.

But the US has released it as a clarification. See this article:
US coalition releases video of Pakistan air strikes - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

The way the narration is conducted, it appears to be an attempt to counter the claim that any structures (check post, or village) were in the vicinity - something which the USAF statements and images from the area clearly show to be false.

Also the fact that the confirmed casualties on camera are far lower than the total casualties, both those admitted by the Taliban, local villagers, and the FC. In fact the casualties on camera only equal the casualties admitted to by the Taliban.

Given the number of operations that were being carried out around that time, that video could have been of any of them.

On Thursday, the coalition backed those claims with video footage showing what it called "precision" strikes on a group of seven insurgents who sought refuge in Pakistan after attacking a coalition patrol in eastern Afghanistan.

Seven insurgents does not equal 11 FC men plus the other 15 or so wounded, and the dozen or so casualties of the Taliban.

This doesn't add up at the moment.

Neo

In a way, it has little to do with us. Yes, exactly, US has shot itself in the foot with Muslim populations around the world -- but in another sense, it does have to do with us, many of us took inspiration from the US. And we are treated to a Orwellian spectacle -- is that too dramatic -- no, I think, Orwellian is appropriate - and because of the influence the US exercises, we too experience a similar loss of liberty -- around the world the series of anti-terror laws, aimed at you know who, after all who else are the terrorists, goes the argument. imagine, being at war with entire sections of the world, it's quite incredible.

I suppose the point I was hoping to make or attempting to make, was to highlight the degree of failure and at least to me, therefore the shame.

reap what one sows - sure - but that kinda has a touch of beyond redemption - and I suppose that's a not without consequencess for all, including us.
'

Back
Top Bottom