What's new

NATO copter downed; Navy SEALs among the 30 U.S. dead

It seems that all the advanced technology of the oil-hungry-coalltion can't deal even with Russian weapon from 1950. Nice one, America.

It seems that all the advanced technology of the oil-hungry-coalltion can't deal even with Russian weapon from 1950. Nice one, America.

We still don't know how the Helicopter was brought down. Besides the way a weapon is deployed is a lot more important the weapon itself in this case.

those crappy old RPG-7s they use (and what many armies still use) are crude and not all-too-accurate --especially longer range... but when they do hit --then yes, they cause sufficient damage. And this Chinook made a mistake by coming in hot and fully loaded, low approach.

as per reports, the aircraft was hit by several on-target shots. It wasnt just one guy on the ground shooting a single round for the kill.

it was a textbook ''LURE & AMBUSH''

those crappy old RPG-7s they use (and what many armies still use) are crude and not all-too-accurate --especially longer range... but when they do hit --then yes, they cause sufficient damage. And this Chinook made a mistake by coming in hot and fully loaded, low approach.

as per reports, the aircraft was hit by several on-target shots. It wasnt just one guy on the ground shooting a single round for the kill.

it was a textbook ''LURE & AMBUSH''

All very logical but I am still surprised at the level of operational sophistication of this attack.

from what i read, the taleban insurgents found some way to disseminate ''misinformation'' which ended up reaching NATO forces through some kind of channels.

In case it has not been pointed out yet, the PA has also suffered chopper and troop losses from occasional 'lucky' RPG hits and AA Guns.

I don't really see this particular incident as that 'unusual'.

I don't recall a PA heli being downed by AA guns. Please elaborate...

And US will be thanking God that Taliban no more got those Stingers, else it did be bull's eye hits & many...

from what i read, the taleban insurgents found some way to disseminate ''misinformation'' which ended up reaching NATO forces through some kind of channels.

''some kind of channel'' has to be a US paid informant acting as a double agent.

That is one of the biggest problems the US hasn't been able to get a handle on. They don't have anyone in the population that they can trust. It makes their intelligence unreliable and thus many of their operations counter-productive.

Afghanistan is hell on earth for anybody and everybody who tries or has tried to militarily occupy it. If not initially......then at least eventually!

history has shown this...

Afghanistan is hell on earth for anybody and everybody who tries or has tried to militarily occupy it. If not initially......then at least eventually!

history has shown this...

I don't believe Afghanistan is UNconquerable but it's definitely not a good idea by any stretch.

with the Rules of Engagement (ROEs) they have to deal with, its impossible

to ''tame'' Afghanistan to their favour would require nothing short of what Webster comtemporary dictionary (and the ICJ) would label as ''genocide''

I don't believe Afghanistan is UNconquerable but it's definitely not a good idea by any stretch.

Sure. Conquering Afghanistan is as easy as said but when one wishes to consolidate the gains and goes to hold the territory, it is then the men drown from te barren hills to wreck both the conqueror and the conquered.

Ignore them should be the mantra.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom