What's new

NATIONAL RANKINGS BY MILITARY STRENGTH

Nothing but garbage. I mean they put North Korea as a second tier
What make you think that they merit a better ranking?

North Korea is ahead of France, Iran almost on par with the UK, Algeria is stronger than Turkey, Italy and Syria are almost on the same level.

Lmao
Well, your benefactor knows best..This article talks about fighting abilities, training , integrated armies and prepardness...etc...

France and the UK beneath North Korea, two top tier industrial nations that make their own weapons and have advanced research and development, whilst North Korea operates a stone age military, just lots of it.
Japan tier 2, hasn't fired a shot in anger since the Second World War.

Mate they dont even have subs just bunch of underwater bogies which are steered mechanically. Also their missile tech is highly questionable considering even after decades of development their SRBM and IRBM fail miserably during practice launches. Remember the fiasco with our Ghauri series missile which had severe shortfalls after we imported few from NKorea. It took another 6 years just to get it working with several modifications including propulsion and navigation.
That is 6 years ago..Pakistan today is a lot different than Pakistan six years ago..

Japan tier 2, hasn't fired a shot in anger since the Second World War.
Probably that is the reason behind their ranking....

Probably that is the reason behind their ranking....

I get where you are coming from, but it's like a boxer who has never set foot in the ring, you heard about him right? Oh wait you never did, as the first time he fought he got taken out.

Turkey I believe is , Top 10 Nation in term of Strategic Military Depth
Pakistan is a bit close to 15th or 20th nation in term of overall standing

My Own point of View

1 - USA
2 - Russia
3 - China

4 - French
5 - UK - Australia - Canada , they normally stick together
6 - Japan
7 - Turkey / South Korea
8 - India
9 - Sweden / Germany / Norway / Spain / Italy (European Union Force)
10- Pakistan
12 - Egypt /North Korea
13 - Iran / Algeria

Last edited:
Turkey is above Vietnam in the rankings.

Turkey = 16
Vietnam = 17

1 = TOP
60 = BOTTOM
I knew. But Turkey only strength is manpower, this is insane. and Turkey has national defense industry, what Vietnam has? If Vietnam is 17, Turkey will be top 10. If Turkey is 16, Vietnam should be not be 17.
The gap between Vietnam and Turkey is huge.

Vietnam beat two superpower...and China...while Turkey was shining NATO shoes...ranking normal to me...It is an American site, Americans know well Turkey and her fighting capabilities.

Neah..Vietnamese are better fighters..
Not really. Vietnam certainly did not beat the US tactically on the field in any battle (IIRC it didn't beat China either in 1979).

I knew. But Turkey only strength is manpower, this is insane. and Turkey has national defense industry, what Vietnam has? If Vietnam is 17, Turkey will be top 10. If Turkey is 16, Vietnam should be not be 17.
The list is simply wrong. Turkey's military is much better than that of Vietnam imo. The last time Vietnam went to war was also the last time China went to war, which was in the 1980s. Vietnam's weaponry mainly consists of dated Russian weapons while Turkey has an indigenous arms industry, not to mention the latest foreign imports (S-400).

Not really. Vietnam certainly did not beat the US tactically on the field in any battle (IIRC it didn't beat China either in 1979).
Really? It has been almost 70 years..at I expect from you a better reply.

what a joke

1 ) Algeria and Egypt can develop nothing ..... so They are noting
2 ) Iran has full of outdated Army , Navy and Airforce .... only Ballistic Missiles
3 ) Germany is nothing ..... most of Submarines , Helicopters , Aircrafts , Fighter Jets even wont work
4 ) poor undeveloped Countries like Vietnam,Algeria,Ukraine,Syria are ahead of Italy,Spain,Australia .. what a joke

and Turkiye only man power ? what a crap list ...... Algeria,Egypt are full of joke

1) Turkiye has better Combat Fighter Jet fleet with BVR combat capability than Algeria , Egypt
2) Turkiye has better AWACS fleet than Algeria , Egypt
4) Turkiye has better Air refueling Tanker fleet than Algeria , Egypt
5) Turkiye has better Submarine fleet than Algeria , Egypt
6) Turkiye has better Frigate fleet than Algeria , Egypt
7) Turkiye has better Helicopter fleet than Algeria , Egypt
8) Turkiye has better UCAV fleet than Algeria , Egypt
9) Turkiye has better Howitzer power than Algeria , Egypt
10) Turkiye has better MLRS power than Algeria , Egypt
11) Turkiye has better Ballistic Missile power than Algeria , Egypt
12) Turkiye has better anti Tank missile power than Algeria , Egypt
13) Turkiye has better anti Submarine Warfare Aircraft fleet than Algeria , Egypt
14) Turkiye has better Transport Aircraft fleet than Algeria , Egypt
15) Turkiye has better special forces , mountain commandos and amphibious commando than Algeria , Egypt
16) Turkiye has better BVR air combat capabilities than Algeria , Egypt
17) Turkiye has better Cruise missile power than Algeria , Egypt
18) Turkiye has better Electronic Warfare capabilities than Algeria , Egypt
19) Turkiye has network centric warfare and cooperative engagement capability, while Algeria , Egypt dont know what about it
20) Turkiye has better Air Defense missiles like S400 , HISAR-O , AIM-120C7 , AIM-120B , AIM-9x sidewinder , ESSM , SM-1MR , HAWK XXI
21) Turkiye has better real war experience than Algeria , Egypt
22) Turkiye has better military traditation than Algeria , Egypt ( the Turks have over 100 victories from Crusades to 1922 independent war against Europe+Russia+Iran )
and now Turkiye is in active fight in Iraq,Syria,Libya
23) Turkish military bases in N.Cyprus , Iraq , Syria , Qatar , Somalia and soon Libya
24) only 130 years ago 44 countries including Algeria and Egypt were ruled by the Turks

and Turkiye has great defense Industry with over 700 military projects , while Algeria , Egypt can not develop even Cruise Missile

also Turkiye has bigger economy than Egypt+Algeria+$300 billion

Last edited:
I think we could make a better list if we all put our collective mind to it.

Here is a rough one, just a non serious one:

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. France
5. India
6. Turkey
7. UK
8. Pakistan
9. South Korea
10. Brazil
11. Germany
12. Australia

Friend,

Can Turkey invade Vietnam and hope to win a war?

Can Vietnam invade Turkey and hope to win a war?

If both are invaded separately or concurrently, which country will put up a better fight?

Higher positions are a little more than feel-good positions for many countries in my view.

The one true military power is USA - THEY can bring war to any part of the world, topple regimes and/or create colonies in distant lands, and have sufficient firepower to annihilate any adversary even from a distance. THEY can expand borders of USA and/or create its parts in further regions if they want to.

Majority are regional powers at best. It does not matter much if you are 8th or 16th.

Group 1 : The US,Russia,China
Group 2 : The UK , France
Group 3 : India , S.Korea , Japan , Turkiye , Italy

Defense Industry , Modern technology equipments , economy , training and experience

Friend,

Can Turkey invade Vietnam and hope to win a war?

Can Vietnam invade Turkey and hope to win a war?

as of 2020 Vietnam can not bomb Turkiye but Turkkish Airforce every day can bomb Vietnam
even I am not talking about upcoming Turkish 800km GEZGIN naval cruise missile

please stop compare backward militaries with the Turkish Armed Forces which one of the best in the world

Last edited:
as of 2020 Vietnam can not bomb Turkiye but Turkkish Airforce every day can bomb Vietnam
even I am not talking about upcoming 800km GEZGIN naval cruise missile

please stop compare backward militaries with the Turkish Armed Forces which one of the best in the world
Have a look at geography then talk.

You can throw a few bombs at Vietnam? Pointless and make no difference whatsoever.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom