What's new

National Electricity Grid Failure: Complete chaos now !

We will know about this briefly later. There are certainly some problems on BD side. Somedays back there was a partial blackout in one part of Dhaka city. There are many kinds of trip mechanisms. Its not possible to collapse whole grid by one fault. Its something new. Whatever, this lesson will certainly help to improve the system.
Besides its fun to bash India, so we will also keep that :lol:
Fault in the sense, I did not mean a mere line fault or earth fault. It could be like under frequency* which was the case in India in 2012.
By the way, no problem in bashing India. But without any plausible reason the bashing looks idiotic.
* which puts generating stations on halt creating mess in series.

Last edited:
Bad move.

Connecting the entire national power grid to that of the electricity imported from India? And that important facilities like Dhaka airport connected to it?

Ye never know, they may blame the opposition and the JMB for blowing up the interconnection line or something :lol:
Lol. We never faced blackouts like this before. And because of this pinch amount of power from india. Now this has happened. BD gov should learn from this and secure the national security by not importing power from india. Either india is impotent or evil.
I am starting to see that you are garden variety of Islamist trolls, the kind who blame India even if a bird takes a poop in Bangladesh.

Power Grid Corporation has already clarified that the problem originated in Bangladesh and the automated 'trip' command was issued by the Bangladeshi substation. The command is issued automatically when the substation senses problems - to protect the line.

The national power grid suffered a breakdown at about 11:30am on Saturday following a major technical fault at the grid line receiving electricity from India, disrupting both the power distribution and generation.

Another reason why Pakistan will not go for Hindu Bijli :pop:

Fault in the sense, I did not mean a mere line fault or earth fault. It could be like under frequency* which was the case in India in 2012.
By the way, no problem in bashing India. But without any plausible reason the bashing looks idiotic.
* which puts generating stations on halt creating mess in series.

My observation is. When the fault occurred Saturday. Most of the Gov officers of BD power grid company were in holiday.
That must have taken moments to restore the problem.
And I dont fully reject this evil idea of frequency trigger from India as a demo for future demonstration :D

My observation is. When the fault occurred Saturday. Most of the Gov officers of BD power grid company were in holiday.
That must have taken moments to restore the problem.
And I dont fully reject this evil idea of frequency trigger from India as a demo for future demonstration :D
Grid maintenance staffs and power generating staffs work on 24/7 schedule. Let's wait for the detailed report. We will discuss the technical aspects and frequency triggering mechanism then.

Bad move.

Connecting the entire national power grid to that of the electricity imported from India? And that important facilities like Dhaka airport connected to it?

Ye never know, they may blame the opposition and the JMB for blowing up the interconnection line or something :lol:

RPP's are there. They can't distribute the power since the entire national grid is down.

This matter could have serious repercussions for the government and questions for the nation's national security.
It's not good for India as well.....a grid failure in Bangladesh may adversely affect Indian power grid

Isn't there a way Bangladesh can avoid relying on India at all for power? If we rely on them for power then we will be at their mercy. They will have the ability to disrupt the country's economy at will.

Isn't there a way Bangladesh can avoid relying on India at all for power? If we rely on them for power then we will be at their mercy. They will have the ability to disrupt the country's economy at will.
Yep...there is a way
Generate ur own power

Grid maintenance staffs and power generating staffs work on 24/7 schedule. Let's wait for the detailed report. We will discuss the technical aspects and frequency triggering mechanism then.

Ok this is a possible reason:
The line that was coming from India had a fault. Because of fault there occurred high voltage. To get rid rid of that high voltage, the system disconnected that portion. By this, there creates a 500 MW sudden gap of power in National grid which was coming from India.

But the national demand was high that time. So more pressure was created on generators. And the frequency started to reduce. When the frequency reduced at certain level those generators also started to shut down. For this load, demand and frequency all generators started to shut down at a chain effect.

Its naturally controlled by National Load Despatch Centre. In a normal condition, they maintain this by load shedding.
But it happened so quickly this time, that NLDC couldn't control it.

If shut down, a normal power plant takes 4-5 hours to start again. For steam plants 10-12 hours.

Yesterday, it happened two times. 11.30 am and 5 pm. It collapsed again after starting 500-700 MW. Its an accident.
Its totally automatic system now, but the people at command maybe didnt do their work properly. We will know more about this by further investigation.

Back
Top Bottom