What's new

National Electricity Grid Failure: Complete chaos now !

Bangladesh has been hit by major blackouts after a power line connecting the country to India's electricity grid failed, reports say.

A power line? One power line, damn, hope you guys are alright over there, that's why you all should have solar home systems. :D

We will know about this fault later. I can give some insight news. Im doing thesis on Power Grid failure. Under PGCB.

BTW check out the best trained Muslim army thread. I totally rigged that at last moment :D

We will know about this fault later. I can give some insight news. Im doing thesis on Power Grid failure. Under PGCB.

BTW check out the best trained Muslim army thread. I totally rigged that at last moment :D

AH OK, I read the BBC website. :D

AND yeah I've seen it, it's Jokes. Coming at first with a big bang is BANGladesh,

b7f2134058f90f4df82c48ea7fca381d.jpg

Awami League provided india access to Bangladesh national power grid. Now india tested how to disable power supply to entire Bangladesh with a single bomb. That goes to show the gullible class who often harp about shiny weapons that contemporary defense of a country expands far beyond military.

All the Jihadi Lungis and 50 cent bots are missing a point.
In February 2011, PGCB awarded a BDT1 billion contract to construct the Bangladesh segment of the line to Spanish company Cobra Instalaciones Y Servicios SA. In April 2011, Siemens was awarded a USD107 million contract to set up the convertor station at Bheramara.
Global Transmission: India–Bangladesh Electrical Grid Interconnection Project

Secondly,the link is a D/C HVDC link so the chances of both circuits failing simultaneously is nil.

Can anyone tell me how much electricity BD is self producing and how much its recieving from india?? (in Megawatts)

@scorpionx Here is the reason for the problem, it was problems on BD side, not ours. But some bdeshis are quick to blame us without any details :lol:

Why the national power grid collapsed | Dhaka Tribune

The national grid collapse in Bangladesh was not a result of any flaw in the Indian side
There are flaws in the setup of the Bheramara power sub-station, as a result when it tripped yesterday, the entire national electricity grid collapsed, sources from the Power Grid Company of Bangladesh told the Dhaka Tribune.

Can anyone tell me how much electricity BD is self producing and how much its recieving from india?? (in Megawatts)

Bangladesh's installed electricity generation capacity was 10289 MW in January, 2014. And its increasing.
Bangladesh import from India around 500 MW and will increase. BD is looking forward to import from Nepal and Bhutan.

@scorpionx Here is the reason for the problem, it was problems on BD side, not ours. But some bdeshis are quick to blame us without any details :lol:

The national grid collapse in Bangladesh was not a result of any flaw in the Indian side
There are flaws in the setup of the Bheramara power sub-station, as a result when it tripped yesterday, the entire national electricity grid collapsed, sources from the Power Grid Company of Bangladesh told the Dhaka Tribune.
Bangladeshi technical "experts" here failed to realize that if the fault had occurred on Indian side it would have collapsed the entire Eastern grid or perhaps all the four grids in North and NE India due to cascading effect which is a very natural phenomenon of black outs unless you have a sophisticated grid isolating mechanism incorporated. Contrarily, Indian grids are perfectly alright without any hamper in the transmission. Most possibly, the Indian side relay sensed the fault on the BD side and instantly tripped the Indian side circuit breakers stopping the power transmission. So came the confusion.But let's wait for the detail fault analysys report which will come after three days perhaps. Till then enjoy the circus here.

Last edited:

You think Jamatis believe in facts. :lol::lol:

Bangladeshi technical "experts" here failed to realize that if the fault had occurred on Indian side it would have collapsed the entire Eastern grid or perhaps all the four grids in North and NE India due to cascading effect which is a very natural phenomenon of black outs unless you have a sophisticated grid isolating mechanism incorporated. Contrarily, Indian grids are perfectly alright without any hamper in the transmission. Most possibly, the Indian side relay sensed the fault on the BD side and instantly tripped the Indian side circuit breakers stopping the power transmission. So came the confusion.But let's wait for the detail fault analysys report which will come after three days perhaps. Till then enjoy the circus here.

We will know about this briefly later. There are certainly some problems on BD side. Somedays back there was a partial blackout in one part of Dhaka city. There are many kinds of trip mechanisms. Its not possible to collapse whole grid by one fault. Its something new. Whatever, this lesson will certainly help to improve the system.
Besides its fun to bash India, so we will also keep that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom