What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope - Present Day India is just a smart play of words whereby a geographic & historic India has been extrapolated onto the present day State of India ! :p:

Semantics is not what we are discussing here, obviously we are not the vedic bharatvarsh of old in many ways but if you have Magadh then you have the seat of the power that encompassed more than a 4th of the world's economy at its height, the only true empire to have risen in the region uncontested. Now if Pakistan had any connection left to its historic roots from the time of the Harappans then that would have been another thing on the other hand we have preserved (for better or for worse) the vestiges of an ancient culture and ergo we get to claim the history associated with it. A claim that you may make just as well if it were kosher for you guys (wrt the political identity thing) to embrace the pre-islamic history which is encompassed within the geographical extent of the state of Pakistan.

@Armstrong is jealous. nothing else :smokin:

and I am not able to sleep :hitwall:

I had the same complaint from @Dillinger.
yaar Dillinger you have lost your biharipana completely. :tsk:
hum bihari to theth hindi bolte hain. :partay:

Mujhe Google par word ka meaning check karna pata hai reply karne kay life....:eek: Ki bar toh I just click on Like Button and never attempt to reply..:agree:

^now that is a good post

which word?
theth hindi? it means typical hindi with pure hindi words and a village accent.
and it can be used for any language or in general use.

Mujhe Google par word ka meaning check karna pata hai reply karne kay life....:eek: Ki bar toh I just click on Like Button and never attempt to reply..:agree:

You have never seen me and @Armstrong get into a heated exchange then, at such moments Naswar becomes ground zero for an explosion of eloquence and wit. :sarcastic:

Semantics is not what we are discussing here, obviously we are not the vedic bharatvarsh of old in many ways but if you have Magadh then you have the seat of the power that encompassed more than a 4th of the world's economy at its height, the only true empire to have risen in the region uncontested. Now if Pakistan had any connection left to its historic roots from the time of the Harappans then that would have been another thing on the other hand we have preserved (for better or for worse) the vestiges of an ancient culture and ergo we get to claim the history associated with it. A claim that you may make just as well if it were kosher for you guys (wrt the political identity thing) to embrace the pre-islamic history which is encompassed within the geographical extent of the state of Pakistan.

Of course you get to claim the History associated with it just like we do, just like the Sri Lankans, the Bangladeshis, the Nepalis & the Butanese do - I'm not saying anything otherwise !

Its the absurd notion of how somehow the modern day State of India is in some ways a Successor state of Ancient India whereas the rest of us are off-shoots to it is something that I find both historically & anthropologically irrational !

Its like the Americans saying that just because there has existed an idea of the Americas in recorded History - the United States of America has more ownership associated with that idea than Canada or even by extension Mexico does - Its absurd !

I find the self-righteous attitude of equating the State of India with the historical & geographical notion of an India as being natural continuations of each other as historically & anthropologically absurd !

You have never seen me and @Armstrong get into a heated exchange then, at such moments Naswar becomes ground zero for an explosion of eloquence and wit. :sarcastic:

I lean't a new word 'Eloquence' - fluent or persuasive speaking or writing.:(

Mujko Naswar Thread Khappy!!! Poka!!! :wave:

Of course you get to claim the History associated with it just like we do, just like the Sri Lankans, the Bangladeshis, the Nepalis & the Butanese do - I'm not saying anything otherwise !

Its the absurd notion of how somehow the modern day State of India is in some ways a Successor state of Ancient India whereas the rest of us are off-shoots to it is something that I find both historically & anthropologically irrational !

Its like the Americans saying that just because there has existed an idea of the Americas in recorded History - the United States of America has more ownership associated with that idea than Canada or even by extension Mexico does - Its absurd !

I find the self-righteous attitude of equating the State of India with the historical & geographical notion of an India as being natural continuations of each other as historically & anthropologically absurd !

Didn't I just say that you may make such a claim with equal right? Instead Pakistan has consciously abstained from taking ownership of its ancient past or even celebrating it, do you deny that? Our school students learn more of the Harappans than your scholars do, the political compulsions have whitewashed that history. I for one have never said that India is the sole representative of bharatvarsh, just that we celebrate it and own it with far greater enthusiasm. Ironic since as far as the Harappans go it is Pakistan which encompasses far more of that ancient civilization in terms of having possession of the ruins of that culture's most historic and significant sites.

Didn't I just say that you may make such a claim with equal right? Instead Pakistan has consciously abstained from taking ownership of its ancient past or even celebrating it, do you deny that? Our school students learn more of the Harappans than your scholars do, the political compulsions have whitewashed that history. I for one have never said that India is the sole representative of bharatvarsh, just that we celebrate it and own it with far greater enthusiasm. Ironic since as far as the Harappans go it is Pakistan which encompasses far more of that ancient civilization in terms of having possession of the ruins of that culture's most historic and significant sites.

Yes I do deny it !

Contrary to popular opinion & subjective finding of people like Nayyar - We're taught all of that !

Mohenojo Daro, Harrapa & Taxila is something that is known to almost every Pakistani !

We studied about the Gandhara Civilization, the IVC, the Mauryan & Gupta Empires, about Ashoka & about a few dozen other empires who popped up into these areas as part of our Pakistan Studies Curriculum !

Before that in some of the more elementary classes where Social Studies & History were taught - We studied about as far flung Civilizations as that of Crete or about the Golden Horde up north !

Naturally like most other things in Pakistan these things do need a revision & a reassessment because so many things have been missed not because of some absurd notion of political compulsions but because of a general decay of Institutions across the board !

I for one would want more to be taught about Mir Chakar Khan, Naseer Khan Noori, Akhund Dardeeza, some of our Sufi Poets & others !

But that isn't because of some political compulsion but because of misgovernance that has led to the decay of Institutions !

Take the example of Archaeology or Restoration - Many a people would point towards some derelict Hindu Temple from a few centuries back & say 'Ahaaaa....see we told you that these Pakistanis are so infatuated with Islamizing their society that they'd want the mention of almost every thing Non-Muslim to be whipped away from their land & their mind's eye....that the only people of importance for them are Muslims like the Mughals, the Abdalis, the Surris, the Nadir Shahs & the Ghauris & Ghaznavids of the past' & yet these same people miraculously go blind when they see that for a country that idolizes Muslim Figures alone - the Tomb of Nur-e-Jahan, a few other Mughal Rulers here in Pakistan & other Muslim Personalities of note are in just as bad condition if not worse....in fact Nur-e-Jahan's Tomb is in remarkable bad shape !

Why is that ? Because the authorities aren't prejudiced in favor of Muslims alone whilst whitewashing all vestiges of a Non-Muslim past but because they're busy minting money & therefore can't give a foOk about whether XYZ Historical Places stay or are worn away by misuse or even occupied by squatters as some are !

Yes I do deny it !

Contrary to popular opinion & subjective finding of people like Nayyar - We're taught all of that !

Mohenojo Daro, Harrapa & Taxila is something that is known to almost every Pakistani !

We studied about the Gandhara Civilization, the IVC, the Mauryan & Gupta Empires, about Ashoka & about a few dozen other empires who popped up into these areas as part of our Pakistan Studies Curriculum !

Before that in some of the more elementary classes where Social Studies & History were taught - We studied about as far flung Civilizations as that of Crete or about the Golden Horde up north !

Naturally like most other things in Pakistan these things do need a revision & a reassessment because so many things have been missed not because of some absurd notion of political compulsions but because of a general decay of Institutions across the board !

I for one would want more to be taught about Mir Chakar Khan, Naseer Khan Noori, Akhund Dardeeza, some of our Sufi Poets & others !

But that isn't because of some political compulsion but because of misgovernance that has led to the decay of Institutions !

Take the example of Archaeology or Restoration - Many a people would point towards some derelict Hindu Temple from a few centuries back & say 'Ahaaaa....see we told you that these Pakistanis are so infatuated with Islamizing their society that they'd want the mention of almost every thing Non-Muslim to be whipped away from their land & their mind's eye....that the only people of importance for them are Muslims like the Mughals, the Abdalis, the Surris, the Nadir Shahs & the Ghauris & Ghaznavids of the past' & yet these same people miraculously go blind when they see that for a country that idolizes Muslim Figures alone - the Tomb of Nur-e-Jahan, a few other Mughal Rulers here in Pakistan & other Muslim Personalities of note are in just as bad condition if not worse....in fact Nur-e-Jahan's Tomb is in remarkable bad shape !

Why is that ? Because the authorities aren't prejudiced in favor of Muslims alone whilst whitewashing all vestiges of a Non-Muslim past but because they're busy minting money & therefore can't give a foOk about whether XYZ Historical Places stay or are worn away by misuse or even occupied by squatters as some are !

Hmm. so you blame the apathy of the authorities for the poor exposition of Pakistan's history? That is plausible. Yet rarely do you meet a poster here well versed in history unless you want to count gooks who think that Harappa=Meluha. Nor do you see either the state or the private citizens of Pakistan celebrating their history nor claiming it in any visible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom