What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro all my stress on the PA's ORBAT, deployments and assets has been geared towards one aim alone, how can its logistics capability be crippled and maximum casualties inflicted. NOT really the best of technical threads to start.:sick: Its an amateur's work yes, but there is such a wealth of information and professional studies on logistical models and practices that I am confident that there is some truth in it- its something I've been at for the last three years. That has been my sole focus in real terms.

Although I would like to glean information from @Hyperion and @Pak-one (sad to have lost him) on the social and economical dynamics of FATA and how that feeds into the extremism prevalent (placed in context of history, past policy and the Soviet Afghan war).

Did you check out the report I've linked? That's the end aim.

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think that the Chinese missiles don't use foreign components, very important one's- Norwegian FOGs on their NLOS-BMs for one, or do you think India suddenly pooped out a RLG 2 years before it even churned out a FOG (with some help from a certain friendly nation) on its own. There are a lot of foreign components and inputs in all these systems. Its the proportion (foreign and indigenous) and design origin that needs to be carefully looked at.

Dont get me wrong . I didn't say that all Chinese weapons are completely made in China , but to declare every single weapon copied or reverse engineered is stupid and foolish and nothing more than fanboyism . I do not believe in 100% ingenuousness by any country , there is no such thing in the world . Some components are always imported from outside either openly or secretly , because either they cant be manufactured in the country because of lack of expertise / reliability issues and maturity or are economically bought from outside . The problem of course arises , when you are procuring or importing core/main systems from foreign countries and then declaring the weapon as indigenous .

oye @Mamba kithay gaiab hogia aai ?????

@Secur

Today's homework-

Whenever one is looking at deployments, logistics, tactics and feasibility of actions/decisions one needs to get into the habit of taking cognizance of the tyranny of nature in detail. Now this is no where near as good as actual familiarization (without which you're quite blind, but something is better than nothing), but us amateurs have to settle for this.

So pick out the important spots on the map, positions, features and try and run it in your head afterwards, how will a force move, how will it plot its MSR and where will it base itself, basic stuff.

rdWjxED.jpg

@jaibi but its going to be difficult. For example, the moment you want to publish something related to say the past conflicts involving Pakistan- objectivity and absolute lack of bias are required- a difficult task. You will need reliable filters which can ensure that information provided and analysis based on said information is absent any agenda beyond pure analysis of said events (even if one if focusing on say just one aspect of a certain conflict).

So the question then arises, academic analysis or projection of a Pakistan specific POV at the cost of some inaccuracies? Any Indian posters involved in the project will also have to tackle similar issues. You need folks who are going to be absolutely dispassionate about it unless one wants op-eds or opinion pieces.

@jaibi but its going to be difficult. For example, the moment you want to publish something related to say the past conflicts involving Pakistan- objectivity and absolute lack of bias are required- a difficult task. You will need reliable filters which can ensure that information provided and analysis based on said information is absent any agenda beyond pure analysis of said events (even if one if focusing on say just one aspect of a certain conflict).

So the question then arises, academic analysis or projection of a Pakistan specific POV at the cost of some inaccuracies? Any Indian posters involved in the project will also have to tackle similar issues. You need folks who are going to be absolutely dispassionate about it unless one wants op-eds or opinion pieces.

Dude, that's why I will post people who are going to collaborate. First if we stick to an iterative approach and secondly if we admit our biases we can overcome this problem like much of social research we have. I've worked with an open access journal so I know what you are talking about.

I think once the ball gets rolling we would have a more proper structure to this and we are going to have an Indian section as well where Indians would contribute. As long as it is academic and referenced we're ok with it.

Dude, that's why I will post people who are going to collaborate. First if we stick to an iterative approach and secondly if we admit our biases we can overcome this problem like much of social research we have. I've worked with an open access journal so I know what you are talking about.

I think once the ball gets rolling we would have a more proper structure to this and we are going to have an Indian section as well where Indians would contribute. As long as it is academic and referenced we're ok with it.

Then one will need to keep the analysis free of opinion and personal conjectures (or otherwise the write up must distinguish between the two), ALL analysis, facts presented, and conjectures borrowed from experts must be referenced. Also one needs to then set standards for the material and sources which may be used. For example is someone were setting up a wiki on Indian armed forces equipment and referenced IDRW then I'd immediately dismiss it as less than accurate given the quality of the source used.

Quality control is going to be difficult.

Then one will need to keep the analysis free of opinion and personal conjectures (or otherwise the write up must distinguish between the two), ALL analysis, facts presented, and conjectures borrowed from experts must be referenced. Also one needs to then set standards for the material and sources which may be used. For example is someone were setting up a wiki on Indian armed forces equipment and referenced IDRW then I'd immediately dismiss it as less than accurate given the quality of the source used.

Quality control is going to be difficult.

Exactly, I am going to make sure everything is referenced only opinion pages can have non-referenced articles and there too the author must come up to a standard. I am going to take it up with the management that the articles we are going to feature would need to be peer-reviewed and so would our releases. I have been in contact with a number of scholars and I will ask them to contribute and review some materials. For that we need to get things rolling first.

Exactly, I am going to make sure everything is referenced only opinion pages can have non-referenced articles and there too the author must come up to a standard. I am going to take it up with the management that the articles we are going to feature would need to be peer-reviewed and so would our releases. I have been in contact with a number of scholars and I will ask them to contribute and review some materials. For that we need to get things rolling first.

Peer review is the benchmark and we need true scholars, not the khachar type think tank braggadocios we have on both sides. If we are looking at academicians and professionals (armed forces) though then things will look up.

Peer review is the benchmark and we need true scholars, not the khachar type think tank braggadocios we have on both sides. If we are looking at academicians and professionals (armed forces) though then things will look up.

Exactly, mate, I'll look that that gets done within this year. The Webby PMed me to take the leadership and get things done and he'd support me so I guess I will have space to move things.

@Armstrong @Hyperion Kaafi tagdi dick measuring chal rahi hai I see. :D

Both of you nitwits would have your ***** handed to you by @jaibi here.:butcher:

And Hype, please, stare into a Hyper-power's eye- ahemm..lets not go overboard with the rhetoric. Unless you think handing the US a LIC they can't win is a victory when they are more than happy to feed their MIC and cause as much disruption as possible without ever wanting to win. After all its not them with the perpetual bomb blasts in their cities as a result.:hang2:

I hate z Tajiks/Turkmens/Farsibans...... :angry:

@Armsmtrong @Hyperion Kaafi tagdi dick measuring chal rahi hai I see. :D

Both of you nitwits would have your ***** handed to you by @jaibi here.:butcher:

And Hype, please, stare into a Hyper-power's eye- ahemm..lets not go overboard with the rhetoric. Unless you think handing the US a LIC they can't win is a victory when they are more than happy to feed their MIC and cause as much disruption as possible without ever wanting to win. After all its not them with the perpetual bomb blasts in their cities as a result.:hang2:

@Dillinger

What makes you think that I haven't ever thought or seen it before ? :what: My ignorance of the peak ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom