What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dillinger

We're developing mirv's for Shaheen 2

about abm countermeasures i found this frm wiki :The re-entry vehicle carried by the Shaheen-II missile has a mass of 1050 kg, which includes the mass of a nuclear warhead and a terminal guidance system.
This re-entry vehicle is unlike that of the Shaheen I in that it has four moving delta control fins at the rear and small solid/liquid-propellant side thrust motors, which are used to orientate the re-entry vehicle after the booster stage is depleted or before re-entry to improve accuracy by providing stabilization during the terminal phase. This can also be used to fly evasive manoeuvres, making it problematic for existing anti-ballistic missile (ABM) systems to successfully intercept the missile. The Shaheen II warhead may change its trajectory several times during re-entry and during the terminal phase, effectively preventing ABM radar systems from pre-calculating intercept points. The re-entry vehicle is also stated to utilise a GPS satellite guidance system to provide updates on its position, further improving its accuracy and reducing the CEP

Its a MARV (according to the description). If a single MARV is going to weigh upwards of a ton then there is not any scope left for shoehorning any more warheads into the missile. MIRV is a different game altogether, depends upon how much maneuverability you can impart to the re-entering vehicle. The real kicker has never been terminal or even exo-thermic interception- fortunately today's sensors- specially the ESA systems can keep a track on such high speed inbounds. MIRVs on the other hand necessitate an increase in the number of interceptors per inbound targeted- not exactly a technical challenge but a pretty big economical burden. Its difficult, technologically challenging and economically taxing to set up the sort of EW chain required for a concrete ABM.

@AhaseebA it won't be either, there is a limit to how many Israeli radars we can purchase. Only two years back were we able to perfect S-band TRM fabrication (you cannot imagine my joy when I laid eyes on the documents pertaining to their patenting :) ) for our sensors but so far we have been able to develop only a successful air cooled sensor package for the AEW&C, a ground based sensor will have quite a few cooling/environmental control (a vastly underrated and underestimated challenge) related issues. So a ground based spin-off is a good 3-5 years away- not till then. Till then it will remain a demonstrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't say they aren't developing any MIRVs at all, did I? :P
Shaheen-2 is simply too "less-capable" for this stuff.
yara i been told by senior officials that we're ahead in missile capability . how's that :confused:

@Marshmallow I just saw this and thought of you lol :P

Despicable-Me-and-Grumpy-Cat.jpg

lol sis:tongue:
agnes-baby-cute-despicable-me-dispicableme-Favim.com-233421.gif

dont know why ghulam ali refuses to use modern instruments... its will be so pleasing for non puritan gazal listeners like me.

why modern instruments ? i hate them yaar classic sun bus he is right and i am with him . why the hell yaar we have little old remain . i feel in paradise while play a song without any electrical instrument

yara i been told by senior officials that we're ahead in missile capability . how's that :confused:

Thats because their heads are usually sunk into praises of their own. Too much propaganda.
Make them read about Agni-IV and V. :D

But if you talk about Pakistan's requirements for tackling India only (no d*ck measuring contest), then we have more than enough capability for now.

Thats because their heads are usually sunk into praises of their own. Too much propaganda.
Make them read about Agni-IV and V. :D

But if you talk about Pakistan's requirements for tackling India only (no d*ck measuring contest), then we have more than enough capability for now.

Something that is often overlooked by people who are more concerned by where the enabling technologies for said missiles were accrued from, kisne diya, kahaan se aya, kis cheez pe base karke develop kiya? These questions are irrelevant when you're purely looking at capabilities. A liquid fueled 1500km missile is enough for the job, and once that capability is attained it doesn't matter who helped out Pakistan or why or when, or even whether there was any help/transfer to begin with.

Part of the reason I don't care to run after such topics. If a nation perceives a threat, whether that perception is right or wrong, it will do what is required to bridge the gap to counter said perceived threat. That's all there is to it.

Hello little angel.... how are you darling??? Btw, nice catch on the video....... damn it, those are some sweet tunes..... :smitten:

Lala, watch the video Marsha posted....
@Aeronaut

Zeezuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :smitten:

im fine :wave: how r u tody? :wave: is ur leg fine?:police: if yes then why? :omghaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom