What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeap lol, i stayed at moscow and nalchik...
moscow was very very expensive while Nalchik was cheap and the place I made a cute Rusky gf!!! 'D

So you just up and left her? :azn:

Well, if there were a will, there has got to be a way ;) ...
@al-Hasani

Welcome back homie ;) ..

Mission impossible, I am on it though. :smart:

@al-Hasani things are good here and :lol: yeah I see he is back predicting your destruction. :D Chemical engineering man I could not even sit through beginners chem in high school. :alcoholic:

Last edited by a moderator:

@al-Hasani things are good here and :lol: yeah I see he is back predicting your destruction. :D Chemical engineering man I could not even sit through beginners chem in high school. :alcoholic:

Sure he is.:laughcry: Tried to reason with him the first 5-6 times - every time he used different usernames but this 7th time I lost my temper. Could not help it.

I have always loved math, physics, chemistry, biology and science in general but even despite all this the study is really taking a toll on me. Long gone are the days of high school where you did not have to work as hard. It's all in English too and since it is not my native tongue it also poses greater difficulties for that very reason.

Yes, with chemistry you either "get it or not". It is very difficult for a normal person to study chemistry on a high level if they have serious difficulties with it. Anyway hard work pays off and if you gave it a chance you might become the next Chaudhry Abdul Majeed.

;)

Well,

Nothing is impossible! You will want to talk to @Imran Khan and @Al Bhatti , they both speak Arabic fluently, ask them what the best language-acquisition techniques to adopt.

Sure he is.:laughcry: Tried to reason with him the first 5-6 times - every time he used different usernames but this 7th time I lost my temper. Could not help it.

I have always loved math, physics, chemistry, biology and science in general but even despite all this the study is really taking a toll on me. Long gone are the days of high school where you did not have to work as hard. It's all in English too and since it is not my native language it also poses greater difficulties for that very reason.

Yes, with chemistry you either "get it or not". It is very difficult for a normal person to study chemistry on a high level if they have serious difficulties with it. Anyway hard work pays off and if you gave it a chance you might become the next Chaudhry Abdul Majeed.

;)

Not my taste, I have always been more into literature than the sciences. Philosophy, poetry, religious literature, languages, fables/legends etc. The only science I am a fan of is psychology and only because it affords me the opportunity to mess with peoples heads. :lol:

I spent half of my chem class in hs sleeping and the other skipping class to pursue more pressing needs. ;)
Anyway more power to you mate, you will probably make a sht load of money in your field.

Not my taste, I have always been more into literature than the sciences. Philosophy, poetry, religious literature, languages, fables/legends etc. The only science I am a fan of is psychology and only because it affords me the opportunity to mess with peoples heads. :lol:

I spent half of my chem class in hs sleeping and the other skipping class to pursue more pressing needs. ;)
Anyway more power to you mate, you will probably make a sht load of money in your field.

Yes, those are wonderful subjects too. Every subject is useful and beautiful. It only depends on the beholder.

:woot: At least you got your sleep!

The pay is reasonably good but I am not really that into wealth. I am a quite simplistic person in terms of personal expanses. Also we (my family) are reasonably well off so Alhamdulillah I am not dependent on a big income. I took that road in my life because it interests me and I know that I can work in that field for many years. Also it enables me to work all over the world which has always been something I wanted to experience. Hence why I study abroad. Traveling, learning about new cultures has been some of my main interests since as long as I can remember. Also my father is a engineer so it lies in the family at least for 2 generations now, LOL.

Yes, those are wonderful subjects too. Every subject is useful and beautiful. It only depends on the beholder.

:woot: At least you got your sleep!

The pay is reasonably good but I am not really that into wealth. I am a quite simplistic person in terms of personal expanses. Also we (my family) are reasonably well off so Alhamdulillah I am not dependent on a big income. I took that road in my life because it interests me and I know that I can work in that field for many years. Also it enables me to work all over the world which has always been something I wanted to experience. Hence why I study abroad. Traveling, learning about new cultures has been some of my main interests since as long as I can remember. Also my father is a engineer so it lies in the family at least for 2 generations now, LOL.

Sounds good bro, may Allah swt give you success. I agree wealth does not concern me either, I often tell whoever will listen that I would be content with a shack in the middle of nowhere like a traveling sufi. :D

Sounds good bro, may Allah swt give you success. I agree wealth does not concern me either, I often tell whoever will listen that I would be content with a shack in the middle of nowhere like a traveling sufi. :D

Thank you for the kind words, 7abibi. Wishing you the same success if not more.

LOL. I often told my parents, brothers and sisters that I could not keep up with the studies and thus planned to move to Yemen to become a simple fisherman with no ambitions of wealth etc. They looked very strangely at me and proposed that I could live on the streets while I was at it, LOL. Not serious but I do think that some persons cannot understand that philosophy.

I would seriously prefer a live as a fisherman in Seychelles rather than living as a wage slave in cold Scandinavia and paying 50-75% of all my income to the tax masters!

Yeah, a Sufi would be a good pick, LOL. Seen some of those Sufis who reject everything wordily in Yemen. Don't agree with everything they preach but the fundamentals are something that will attract people as long as we will exist. I presume that it will only have a bigger pull as our society gets more advanced and hectic for each year!

Thank you for the kind words, 7abibi. Wishing you the same success if not more.

LOL. I often told my parents, brothers and sisters that I could not keep up with the studies and thus planned to move to Yemen to become a simple fisherman with no ambitions of wealth etc. They looked very strangely at me and proposed that I could live on the streets while I was at it, LOL. Not serious but I do think that some persons cannot understand that philosophy.

I would seriously prefer a live as a fisherman in Seychelles rather than living as a wage slave in cold Scandinavia and paying 50-75% of all my income to the tax masters!

Yeah, a Sufi would be a good pick, LOL. Seen some of those Sufis who reject everything wordily in Yemen. Don't agree with everything they preach but the fundamentals are something that will attract people as long as we will exist. I presume that it will only have a bigger pull as our society gets more advanced and hectic for each year!

What parts however you disagree with? I think they go a bit too far when they reject all worldly objects, Islam does not ask this of us only asks us to be modest and choose a middle path. A balance between deen and dunya.

IDK about fisherman mate it would probably bore me to death, I would perhaps travel the world giving dawah that would be fun. :D

Hey BTW what is 7aibibi ... ??

Same as jaan. :whistle:

What parts however you disagree with? I think they go a bit too far when they reject all worldly objects, Islam does not ask this of us only asks us to be modest and choose a middle path. A balance between deen and dunya.

IDK about fisherman mate it would probably bore me to death, I would perhaps travel the world giving dawah that would be fun. :D

Same as jaan. :whistle:

LOL. I would need something to live for. Can't rely on the generosity of people. That's a risky business. Then better to be a fisherman, farmer or mountain shepherd. :D

I have been giving Dawah when I lived in Paris and now here in Copenhagen (Denmark). Both countries/cities are full of Muslims so I am not actually inventing the wheel so to speak. Better than not doing it too. The Muslim community in Europe, at least among Arabs and foreign Muslim students, is surprisingly strong. I have really been positively surprised. Despite us not being from the same Arab countries or Muslim countries or belonging to the same madahib we are surprisingly close-knitted. Yeah, Muslims are a minority in Copenhagen but 1/8 of all citizens are Muslims so we are not talking about a community of only 1000-2000 or so but rather well above 100.000.

In Paris the number was far greater. Only London rivals Paris when we talk about Europe and Moscow from what I am aware of.

Some of the rituals are absurd and the thing you mentioned about rejecting everything wordily. I find that strange. But overall they are peaceful people from my experience. There are different Sufi orders in the Arab world though and some are really extreme. Especially those in Iraqi Kurdistan. They have a habit of sticking swords into themselves and all kind of lunacies while dancing/going into trance.

I prefer the traditional simple or dare I say "Muslim" Sufi approach seen among Sufis in Yemen and Hijaz.

For example this highly respected individual. (a relative of my paternal grandmother - no she is not a Sufi:D)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Alawi_al-Maliki

You know that kind of appearance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom