What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamesha aurton kee haan mein haan milaya karo meray dost, warna zindagi buhut mushkil hai. Life without them is even worse. What's your age my friend? 20 - 24? Once 28, you'll get it.

21:D I go with the sympathetic shoulder and listener formula..the day was hard..sure sure..tell me about it. Hence the urgent need for cigarettes too..mera yaar nikla hai 24/7 se leke aa raha hai.

You would have fit right into the MUNs- which are all the craze in the schools in my city these days. Political science hunh, for us less knowledgeable people, whats the political angle behind Republican senators wanting to ban abortion of all things- are they playing to the lowest common denominator?

Just majoring in it, but im most likely going to pursue medicine or something more stable before politics. I actually have been involved in model un for the past 5 years. I have met SO MANY students who come from India for the conferences. It's really cute and commmendable in my opinion that people are so passionate. you should consider joining it as well. what do you study?

Okay here is the thing. You need to understand that POLITICAL AMERICA as a whole is VERY RELIGIOUS. We honestly have issues taking "in god we trust" off of our currency. The politicians are very religious as well. The liberals in this country are not really liked by the conservatives, who are more powerful as a whole, in my opinion. Our political setup in itself is very conservative. Republicans believe that abortion is bad and so is gay marraige. The reason for their emphasis on that issue once again brings in religious and conservative beliefs and also the fact that more and more liberals are advocating to allow abortion since teenage pregnancy is becoming more common now. Idk if I answered your question, I just started rambling lol sorry. let me know if this helped.

Also, it's very comendable that you even know about this stuff. Half of the southasian people here stil don't know the true difference btwn democrats and republicans lol

@Talon
I prayed to the lord and my sister I see u as a messiah of the Lord! Hear my desperate cry, from your younger brother and a lost Damned soul! Help me sister! Dont lose hope in me!
Although i cant force anybody as u are a human, if u dont feel like it! Be honest and tell!, ill wither away then, u may forget me but i wont!never to bother again!
So sister can i count on you? When im irrational when emotional can u stop me in a sisterly way?
Can u become my shade in a world which i feel im rejected from!
I have burnt all my boats so its either do or die! :pakistan:
@Emrald where are you?u didnt reply mail!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a mistake...a huge mistake & no matter what I do I can't bring myself to even sit through an accounting lecture never mind actually like it & be good at it !

I love our Finance & Management & Business Analysis lectures but the accounting (Financial Accounting) was hell on earth for me ! I need to break out of that & thats why I'm thinking :

Hey I've got a BSc (Hon) in Applied Accounting from OBU (not a great university but certainly way better than LUMS in terms of ranking) so why not go for an MSc in some relevant degree instead that helps me build upon my love for the FOREX instead of trying my luck forcefully shoving accounting down my throat that I've failed miserably at so far.

go for wat u really seem to be intrsted in n if ull find it boring later afta completing ur studies,dun listen to ur parents always,thy r wrong somtimes esp in choosin subj n career for us:P

thy impose their wills n wishes on us!:taz::girl_wacko:

i dun always follow their instructions :p:meeting:

Tussanda = Yours in Punjabi! :D

@mastaan what dialect is that? :blink:

Whose boat did you burn now???? :angry:

@Talon
I prayed to the lord and my sister I see u as a messiah of the Lord! Hear my desperate cry, from your younger brother and a lost Damned soul! Help me sister! Dont lose hope in me!
Although i cant force anybody as u are a human, if u dont feel like it! Be honest and tell!, ill wither away then, u may forget me but i wont!never to bother again!
So sister can i count on you? When im irrational when emotional can u stop me in a sisterly way?

@Talon

oh.. you make me emotional now... :cry:
if @Talon does not respond, I will do sex change and be your sister.

Yara you worry too much about universities! Don't over think it. If your BSc degree is shitty get an MBA finance from a good one and no one will ask you about the BSc. Who cares, you are good at stuff. I can guarantee you that, you'll land a good job. You write pretty good, can you converse in a similar manner? How sharp are you at casual chit chat????

BigB im pretty sharp in conversation n chit chat in real:P

Just majoring in it, but im most likely going to pursue medicine or something more stable before politics. I actually have been involved in model un for the past 5 years. I have met SO MANY students who come from India for the conferences. It's really cute and commmendable in my opinion that people are so passionate. you should consider joining it as well. what do you study?

Okay here is the thing. You need to understand that POLITICAL AMERICA as a whole is VERY RELIGIOUS. We honestly have issues taking "in god we trust" off of our currency. The politicians are very religious as well. The liberals in this country are not really liked by the conservatives, who are more powerful as a whole, in my opinion. Our political setup in itself is very conservative. Republicans believe that abortion is bad and so is gay marraige. The reason for their emphasis on that issue once again brings in religious and conservative beliefs and also the fact that more and more liberals are advocating to allow abortion since teenage pregnancy is becoming more common now. Idk if I answered your question, I just started rambling lol sorry. let me know if this helped.

Also, it's very comendable that you even know about this stuff. Half of the southasian people here stil don't know the true difference btwn democrats and republicans lol

Washington Post is my go to news source everyday. Oh I'm into tedious bean counting, Chartered accountancy and financial management. But in school we were tight in all forms of activities from debates to MUN like forums. I knew the religious element involved with the Republicans and the conservatives- specially the charming tea party fellows. But I was just awestruck when I thought that such actions could increase anyone's political capital of all things. Ergo I asked you, I've come to expect such crassness in politics here in the subcontinent but its rather unsettling to see it be enacted in the "heart of modern civilization" itself! Whats with the Woodward issue brewing up though, that fellow (Bob Woodward) has been the top dog in his job for a long time, why are Obama's aides going after him with such zeal? Oh, I got what I wanted from your answer- that is to say that they actually do mint political capital from such moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom