What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hyperion When I told my Dad that I am going into research and rejecting the Job offer, he said you are so lazy and all, how will you do research. I said just leave it to me. I will. One year later, he started telling me, why don't you reduce your research and enjoy your life a little much. :lol:

All you have to show is your passion for that work, parents finally accept it.

Of course I didn't get chance to study abroad for PhD due to family obligations, but thing is we have to make things work accordingly. I told my prof. my problem, and he said that stay in India and work under my supervision. He was the only one I wanted to be my guide if I have to live in India for further studies.

You are right about if you want to do something, just do it. Instead of finding excuses and not trying it, better pick an alternate route. So that you can balance according to your obligations and your work that you love the most.

People said many things about 3 Idiots movie that follow your heart and this that. I said, why watch it, just follow it. Few years later those people who dropped further studies plan and went for job, now whine about why didn't I do what I loved the most.

Their life will have one thing that will keep bugging them. I never wanted to say "Kaasshhh" :D

Life is too short to regret. :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I just said why civil rights makes sence now, it wont make much sence during mongols... :)
Why do you think it is bs?
Our basic needs have been taken care of, which is why societies have time to make rules that helps its members and society too.
If we all will be having inter tribal warfare now(say in africa), where will your civil rights come from. And I will probably killing your kids as well. :)

What are our basic needs ?

Why do societies need to make rules ?

What is the answer to both of those two questions ?

Because of survival ! Which leaves at the same place we started at - Why do we need to survive ?

That is all that waters down to - Survival !

It is a biological urge, a beastial instinct whereby we associate something with surviving, with life & with death ! Why ?

If its biological urges that define the building blocks of where we move from here than there is much that the same biological urges & those same bestial instincts urge us to do & nature does that we find repugnant !

Dude its got nothing to do with 'civil liberties' & 'rights' or any of that - it comes down to one thing & one thing alone - the desire to live ! There is nothing rational about it & yet there is everything that is instinctive about it.

Even subjective morality is definitive at a moment in time & a particular plane that one looks through ! Its that definitiveness & its origin in something that is completely undefinable that I find unpalatable.

What is more imperative is how do we define knowledge to begin with & then we'd talk about its nature & scope ? Were it ever so simple than minds much greater than you or I would not have debated it to no end in the field they call 'Epistemology' !

Perfect is a better word perhaps, laws that change evidently do not claim to be perfect.

Never read any philosopher, still got reconstruction of religious thought on my desk, will have to read it one day.

What your not getting is I'm already with you on the undefinable knowledge, reason, logic bit, I don't need it to support my argument.

Regardless, let's move forward.

I will and have conceded all my previous positions, God exists , now why is your POV superior? Why should we follow it instead?

Yups. Agreed. No one should EVER have a single regret. Regrets eat you inside out. Day in, day out.

I just have one regret in my life. Not kidding. Just one. There was this girl I loved, we were going out.... long long long time ago during undergrad, I loved her so much... never asked her to marry me... though I am AMAZINGLY happy right now, I mean, in every sense of the word, however, just that ONE thing eats at my soul..... WHAT IF?

@Hyperion When I told my Dad that I am going into research and rejecting the Job offer, he said you are so lazy and all, how will you do research. I said just leave it to me. I will. One year later, he started telling me, why don't you reduce your research and enjoy your life a little much. :lol:

All you have to show is your passion for that work, parents finally accept it.

Of course I didn't get chance to study abroad for PhD due to family obligations, but thing is we have to make things work accordingly. I told my prof. my problem, and he said that stay in India and work under my supervision. He was the only one I wanted to be my guide if I have to live in India for further studies.

You are right about if you want to do something, just do it. Instead of finding excuses and not trying it, better pick an alternate route. So that you can balance according to your obligations and your work that you love the most.

People said many things about 3 Idiots movie that follow your heart and this that. I said, why watch it, just follow it. Few years later those people who dropped further studies plan and went for job, now whine about why didn't I do what I loved the most.

Their life will have one thing that will keep bugging them. I never wanted to say "Kaasshhh" :D

Life is too short to regret. :enjoy:

What are our basic needs ?

Why do societies need to make rules ?

What is the answer to both of those two questions ?

Because of survival ! Which leaves at the same place we started at - Why do we need to survive ?

That is all that waters down to - Survival !

It is a biological urge, a beastial instinct whereby we associate something with surviving, with life & with death ! Why ?

If its biological urges that define the building blocks of where we move from here than there is much that the same biological urges & those same bestial instincts urge us to do & nature does that we find repugnant !

Dude its got nothing to do with 'civil liberties' & 'rights' or any of that - it comes down to one thing & one thing alone - the desire to live ! There is nothing rational about it & yet there is everything that is instinctive about it.
i will reply tomorrow... :)

@Armstrong Just look at your Palm and think about this.

Why is this hand here. Who am I ? Why I see a person in mirror ? What's my existence ? Why my hand is following what I think ?

Do it when you are high. Its awesome to be Spiritual or Philosophical after getting High. :lol:

Then you will forget everything, good-bad, wrong right, me vs we, and all the singing dancing cr@p in the world. :enjoy:

Perfect is a better word perhaps, laws that change evidently do not claim to be perfect.

Never read any philosopher, still got reconstruction of religious thought on my desk, will have to read it one day.

What your not getting is I'm already with you on the undefinable knowledge, reason, logic bit, I don't need it to support my argument.

Regardless, let's move forward.

I will and have conceded all my previous positions, God exists , now why is your POV superior? Why should we follow it instead?

I never said that ! :blink:

I said thats what religion in there for....what we created it for !

If I had the answer I wouldn't be asking the questions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom