What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hyperion : I wanted to be a Philosophy major so much but my Dad didn't let me ! :cray:

Now do you understand why I say that I'd want a stable income, nothing too much, to service the bills while I read up on such stuff & try to figure out things for the way they are !

Last edited by a moderator:
You dad should have given you a thorough beating as well, so that you woudln't have made NaswarCorner, Freud's test center.. :angry:

@Hyperion : I wanted to be a Philosophy major so much but my Dad didn't let me ! :cray:

Now do you understand why I say that I'd want a stable income, nothing too much, to service the bills while I read up on such stuff & try to figure out things for the way they are !

children are important for survival of society. Also caring for one's own kids comes from our biological instincts.
Survival and having babies are also biological instincts, were are not the only one who have that.

Isn't that an utterly beastial instinct ? How is that any different from the biological instinct that causes a nomad to kill the previous male's litter ?

You dad should have given you a thorough beating as well, so that you woudln't have made NaswarCorner, Freud's test center.. :angry:

But aren't these absolutely fascinating questions to ask ? :kiss3:

Khudaa kii qasam if I had the chance I wouldn't even bother getting my head out of the Nietzsches, the Ryands, the Al-Jillis or the Socrates of the world ! :cray:

you are reminding my story , i wanted to be photographer ( got few awards in university life) :cry: but dad wanted me to be accountant

Isn't that an utterly beastial instinct ? How is that any different from the biological instinct that causes a nomad to kill the previous male's litter ?
yes, beastial instinct it is. Did I mention I think we are animals too.(of very social kind) :)

We dont need to kill other's litter, because we have made rules which nearly guarantee's our sexual partner and chance to bring our own babies (many societies have 1 partner at a time rule, some have capped it at 4).
We are almost certain that our babies will survive with food in abundance.

The welcome commission will get to you later. Wait your turn. Right now we are all focussing on our citizen @Armstrong. Apparently, ACCA has taken a heavy toll on his brain. :blink:

Your are next......... Now play background music of twilight zone in the back of your head.... :butcher:

you are reminding my story , i wanted to be photographer ( got few awards in university life) :cry: but dad wanted me to be accountant

When I was young I wanted to be one of two things :

(a) A wildlife photographer

(b) An Egyptologist

Mom & Dad said - Doctor or Electrical Engineer & I said to hell with it - Lets try accounting instead ! Khuda kii kasaaam one of the worst decisions I ever made - Accounting is hell ! :lol:

Really why is it not ?

Believing in an innate consciousness that provides you a moral, ethical or even an otherwise compass to you, is as absurd as claiming that there is a giant tea pot orbiting the moon right now or conversely it makes as much sense as claiming the same.

You're believing in something that is completely undefinable, fallible to the core of whatever definition one may prescribe to it & yet we've used it as a yardstick, a touchstone to measure what we do in life & what is life to begin with - That sounds eerily like theism except instead of calling that undefinable thing as Yahweh or Brahma or God or Allah you've called it as 'the abstract idea of ones consciousness' !

Unfortunately you misunderstand. The idea of a conscious is not as definitive as the one in God and neither have I claimed it as such, for it truly cannot be and I prefer it as such. Thus, have I professed already, that it is a subjective morality that I hold to, and it is evolutionary and changes as our scope of knowledge and understanding changes. Our scope of knowledge held to the geocentric earth, previously, and that was so until we were able to understand better. And thus, our search for truth and understanding climbs closer and closer to the reality of things. It is not preserved in heavenly tablets, I'm afraid, there must be some effort to reach its crux and that which could not aid us for centuries can do naught now.

The welcome commission will get to you later. Wait your turn. Right now we are all focussing on our citizen @Armstrong. Apparently, ACCA has taken a heavy toll on his brain. :blink:

Your are next......... Now play background music of twilight zone in the back of your head.... :butcher:

Dude this is the reason why I liked to talk to older mature people who haven't the idealism of youth that most of us are brimming with ! :D

No I wasn't referring to you...you're still too young - 60 is the cut-off date for me for the people I like to interact with !

1. When I was young I wanted to become a fighter pilot. So I bceame one.
2. When I was young I wanted to become an awesome engineer. So I became one.
3. When I was young I wanted to work for myself. So I did.
4. When I was young I wanted to boink hundreds of pretty girlyz. So I did.
5. When I was young I wanted to marry an amazing blonde. So I am.

Both of you, stop whining. Leave your dads and moms. Go out, and do it. :angry:

(b) An Egyptologist

Mom & Dad said - Doctor or Electrical Engineer & I said to hell with it - Lets try accounting instead ! Khuda kii kasaaam one of the worst decisions I ever made - Accounting is hell ! :lol:

Tou phir tou peecheiii kuch bhii nahin naa bachaaa - Yeh Civil Rights Movements, Yeh Pro-Life, Feminism, No-to-Racism - Subbbb BS haiii ! :lol:

why bs? I think we have plenty of food and dont struggle anymore, which is why we have plenty of time to live happier life. We realize equality within society brings happiness.
Lions also share their food with their old aging aunts. :)

(b) An Egyptologist

Since my childhood I wanted to visit egypt and see pyramids. I did it finally. :)
I can die a happy man.

Unfortunately you misunderstand. The idea of a conscious is not as definitive as the one in God and neither have I claimed it as such, for it truly cannot be and I prefer it as such. Thus, have I professed already, that it is a subjective morality that I hold to, and it is evolutionary and changes as our scope of knowledge and understanding changes. Our scope of knowledge held to the geocentric earth, previously, and that was so until we were able to understand better. And thus, our search for truth and understanding climbs closer and closer to the reality of things. It is not preserved in heavenly tablets, I'm afraid, there must be some effort to reach its crux and that which could not aid us for centuries can do naught now.

Even subjective morality is definitive at a moment in time & a particular plane that one looks through ! Its that definitiveness & its origin in something that is completely undefinable that I find unpalatable.

What is more imperative is how do we define knowledge to begin with & then we'd talk about its nature & scope ? Were it ever so simple than minds much greater than you or I would not have debated it to no end in the field they call 'Epistemology' !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom