What's new

'Narendra Modi will keep Lanka and Pakistan in check'

oh come on Vajpayeeji had his share of faults i agree but insulting him by labelling him "Second Nehru“ was totally uncalled for :angry:

I agree... Nehru was actually better.

Nehru stood by his convictions, however wrong we may think them...Vajpayee betrayed his.

BJP did not implement a single promise on which it was voted...they were trying to turn into a second Congress, though I accept that a party in its first term is in a shaky and vulnerable position. But it should have at least kept the promises alive and not dumped them..

And their biggest mistake, and betrayal of people was...not "taking care" of the dynasty. They had numerous opportunities - like when RG was caught with Coke at JFK

Brajesh Mishra was playing Congress's mole.....

Nehru stood by his convictions, however wrong we may think them...Vajpayee betrayed his.

BJP did not implement a single promise on which it was voted...they were trying to turn into a second Congress, though I accept that a party in its first term is in a shaky and vulnerable position. But it should have at least kept the promises alive and not dumped them..

And their biggest mistake, and betrayal of people was...not "taking care" of the dynasty. They had numerous opportunities - like when RG was caught with Coke at JFK

Brajesh Mishra was playing Congress's mole.....

That was Vajpayee playing "statesman" ............we all now have to bear the burden of his "statesman ship".

That was Vajpayee playing "statesman" ............we all now have to bear the burden of his "statesman ship".

Brajesh Mishra had a big hand in RG's release. BM's father was a Congress minister in MP and Vajpayee was much obliged to him because he once allowed young Vajpayee to win uncontested from Gwalior.

Apparently BM's ties to congress remained intact. RG was released through interventions at highest levels, he was otherwise liable to be put away for at least 134 years.

BG got rewarded by Cong just before his death...Padma Vibhushan...:cheers:

that's because unlike Congress under Nehru, BJP under Vajpayee never had absolute majority in Lok Sabha and unlike Nehru he had to lead a coalition government and many of its so called secular allies opposed those promises like Omar Abdullah opposed revoking article 370 etc

that's because unlike Congress under Nehru, BJP under Vajpayee never had absolute majority in Lok Sabha and unlike Nehru he had to lead a coalition government and many of its so called secular allies opposed those promises like Omar Abdullah opposed revoking article 370 etc

Well that is equally true. But same is said for MMS. Honest man in wrong job but he has managed to wreck India.

In the end, if people quote 'coalition dharma' or 'orders from Madam' and end up doing more harm than good then history will judge him poorly.

Well that is equally true. But same is said for MMS. Honest man in wrong job but he has managed to wreck India.

In the end, if people quote 'coalition dharma' or 'orders from Madam' and end up doing more harm than good then history will judge him poorly.

Happened also because BJP lost its ideological moorings in the dash to power.. RSS and BJP had drifted apart, and India paid a price for it...until now. Careerists like Advani and Sushma were ruling the roost.

Now RSS has re-tightened its ideological grip on BJP. It has made it clear that power is desirable, but not at the cost of ideology. I see a much firmer BJP this time if it comes to power.

Happened also because BJP lost its ideological moorings in the dash to power.. RSS and BJP had drifted apart, and India paid a price for it...until now. Careerists like Advani and Sushma were ruling the roost.

Now RSS has re-tightened its ideological grip on BJP. It has made it clear that power is desirable, but not at the cost of ideology. I see a much firmer BJP this time if it comes to power.

Honestly Modi was the best thing that ever happened to BJP. (and maybe to the RSS too :P)

Narendra Modi is all fake like LK Advani and all this :blah: :blah: have no value.

- It was the BJP which started the peace talk with pakistan resulting in Kargil :tdown:

- Then they have Agra summit resulting in parliament attack :tdown:

- It was BJP which recognizes the Tibet as Integral part of china and opened the Indian market for chinese goods. :sick:

Now, we all see how china bullying us.

The problem for the rational people like me is that we are fed up with Congress and BJP but there is no other option visible. :undecided:

Exactly so we are choosing the lesser evil
That is BJP,there is no other choice or you can vote for a regional party & let your vote go waste
Kya Karu Bhai jaan aap hi bata do

Honestly Modi was the best thing that ever happened to BJP. (and maybe to the RSS too :P)

RSS calculated that the first way of ideological mobilization, through Hindutva, had already reached a plateau of around 17-18% of votes. This, mostly of High caste North Indian Hindus, was insufficient for power.

Through Modi, RSS is targeting incremental votes - of the young, urban, middle class, who are impressed by Development rather than Hindutva. If this succeeds, BJP will get power in 2014. But the road ahead is dark and gloomy -

1. The world wide recession will not allow a robust development phase for India. Congress, which will leave power at the cusp of economic disaster, will blame BJP when the waves hit with full force.

2. Development and Hindutva are not natural allies - if BJP does not implement Hindutva agenda even in 2nd term, it may lose its core constituency. On the other hand, too much Hindutva will put off the development minded, self centred, yuppie type who has voted Modi for "Managerial" qualities.

To succeed, Modi will have to pick up big, emotional issues like Kashmir, Ram Janmboomi etc.

Sometimes I wonder ..... if Modi and the BJP wins.... what their supporters will have to say in justification of all the false promises that their heroes made to the voters during electioneering :D

It's not like that, Modi fans are not paid servents of Modi. Please put up a strong & convincing argument about why congress or third front will be better than Modi for betterment of India; if your argument is convincing & valid, people will listen to you. Modi fans or Congress fans or third front fans; end of the day you all love our country and want betterment of our country. Modi fans are basically India fans who think Modi will be good for India, please give them better option, they will love it.

I will eagerly wait to hear from you about why Congress or third front will be better for India at this moment.

Sometimes I wonder ..... if Modi and the BJP wins.... what their supporters will have to say in justification of all the false promises that their heroes made to the voters during electioneering :D

Its a billion dollar question mate!! :D :D Dont loose your sleep for an answer ;)

Back
Top Bottom