What's new

Narendra Modi to Sail on Board INS Vikramaditya on june 14

I think that trying to keep up with the private sector in terms of salaries is not going to work anyways.
Better to increase promotion chances, post service opportunities and privileges, quality of military life and advertisement.

I think not paying the government employees well is the reason behind so much of corruption in India.The nefarious roots of corruption extend to the armed forces too.
The country that I live in, gives its government employees the highest salaries in the market + the other benefits. So why not in our country???

I think not paying the government employees well is the reason behind so much of corruption in India.The nefarious roots of corruption extend to the armed forces too.
The country that I live in, gives its government employees the highest salaries in the market + the other benefits. So why not in our country???

Of course ! That is one of the main reasons for the rampant corruption.

I do not trust a cop with who has to feed his family with such a ridiculous salary and sub standard training and equipment. Sure there are some who take their duty seriously, but there is at least an equal amount of corrupt and useless officers as well.

PS: Some departments do have new methods of training, conduct and equipment!

The carrier will be on a red alert already. We don't need another man to come up and waste tax payers' money than the billions that he has already wasted in other areas.

Man, the elections are over, get over the party politics and bias please.

Man, the elections are over, get over the party politics and bias please.

I am referring to the financial and manpower cost. The head of state is visiting with a purpose and not just a photo op. What purpose would MMS visit for ?

I am referring to the financial and manpower cost. The head of state is visiting with a purpose and not just a photo op. What purpose would MMS visit for ?

As earlier stated, showing respect to a wish of a former PM of India and since it's combined with the visit of the current PM, there are also no extra cost, which makes it a simple issue, unless one still is in left in election mode. ;)

Would be a nice gesture, if he invites MMS as well, since it was a personal wish of him too.

@sancho I also wish to be onboard INS Viky, Will he invite me as well? :D

B'coz the subsidy bill & other wel 'fare' schemes already put a burden of 5.2% of CAD on GOI.

Where is the money to give salaries?

Oh God! I just can't wait to see plenty of close-up videos and pics of Vicky :bounce:

As earlier stated, showing respect to a wish of a former PM of India and since it's combined with the visit of the current PM, there are also no extra cost, which makes it a simple issue, unless one still is in left in election mode. ;)

Election mode?

Okay. I also want to visit the INS Vikramaditya, ride a Su-30MKI and drive an Arjun MBT.

Can I? I am ready to pay for my travel but what not the free ride.

Is MMS a current MP or of any relevance in the centre?

Is he the current President? Is he the current PM/DM/FM?

Does he hold ANY office as of now?

No.

I would personally feel the same if Vajpayee ji also expressed the same, that as a retired now-common citizen of India, he should behave like one.

that as a retired now-common citizen of India

No PM or President of India will be a normal citizen anymore, they retain with special protection and special service, "because" of they were heads of the nation! And from tax payers point of view it also doesn't make a difference if an active PM / President makes a flight in a Su 30, or a former one, the cost is the same and as stated in this case there wouldn't even be additional costs.

No PM or President of India will be a normal citizen anymore, they retain with special protection and special service, "because" of they were heads of the nation! And from tax payers point of view it also doesn't make a difference if an active PM / President makes a flight in a Su 30, or a former one, the cost is the same and as stated in this case there wouldn't even be additional costs.

That culture has to sadly go. If Dr. Kalam can return to his academic life again, then so should all former leaders who have officially retired.

One hopes he will display better etiquette on board the vessel as compared to his Defence Minister.

It was shameful to see Jaitley not even acknowledging the salute from the Officer commanding the honour Guard. He looked like a slob wearing un ironed Kurta pajaymas and slippers !

One expected more.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom