What's new

Nalanda - World's oldest university recreated

how come an education thread became hindu muslim buddhist thread??...

is it the habit of some pakistanis to involve religion in every damn thing they find under the sun??

Absolute nonsense. Promoting ones country or heritage is fine but ignoring global facts and false claims are a crime!!

Fes in Moroco has the distinction of having the first university of the world.

Now don't ask for evidence just Google it.

Sounds just like decimal system discovered by Arabs not Indian.

title oldest university is like "best car in its class"
bachoon ki tarah fight kero, stupidity was given in abundance in subcontinent. every idiot wants to prove he is the biggest one.

Nalanda is one of the famous and ancient University. There is no denying in that.

"Nalanda University was the first great university in recorded history[6] and one of the world's first residential university as it had dormitories for students. It is also one of the most famous universities. In its heyday, it accommodated over 10,000 students and 2,000 teachers.[7] The university was considered an architectural masterpiece, and was marked by a lofty wall and one gate. Nalanda had eight separate compounds and ten temples, along with many other meditation halls and classrooms. On the grounds were lakes and parks. The library was located in a nine storied building where meticulous copies of texts were produced"

You can draw parallel with Taxila University. But because of Muslim conquest's and other invasions invaluble texts of Medicine,Astronomy, science and Tech are destroyed.

The problem with Bharti Hindus is that they can't find anything worthwhile to show for their identity in Bharat and therefore claim Buddhist, Muslim and Christian historical places as their own

what you really want to convey :blink:

Rise of the Sunga (2nd–1st century BCE)

Further information: Sunga Empire
See also: Pusyamitra Sunga and Decline of Buddhism in India

Looollll another Pushyamitra Sunga BS.

Seriously you guys with the great Timurid legacy should read the Tabikat-i-Nasri by minhauj-us-siraj who gives a blow by blow description of how the great Bakthiyar Khilji burnt down the Nalanda University , with the flames which can be seen from miles away just because the university did not contain a copy of the quran...He also writes with flushing pride that more than 50,000 buddhist monks (infidels) were put to sword by the great sultan bismillah.

Looollll another Pushyamitra Sunga BS.

Seriously you guys with the great Timurid legacy should read the Tabikat-i-Nasri by minhauj-us-siraj who gives a blow by blow description of how the great Bakthiyar Khilji burnt down the Nalanda University , with the flames which can be seen from miles away just because the university did not contain a copy of the quran...He also writes with flushing pride that more than 50,000 buddhist monks (infidels) were put to sword by the great sultan bismillah.

You failed to mention other famous University destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji - Vikramshila University.

"It prospered for about four centuries before it was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji during fighting with the Sena dynasty along with the other major centers of Buddhism in India around 1200 CE"

he wants to nail his inferiority complex in ur head

I am sorry I am not capable of influencing any self inflicting inferior being(s).

You failed to mention other famous University destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji - Vikramshila University.

"It prospered for about four centuries before it was destroyed by Bakhtiyar Khilji during fighting with the Sena dynasty along with the other major centers of Buddhism in India around 1200 CE"

Why don't you get yourself re-born around 1200 CE and avenge the destruction.

Really? well I wont waste my time in even trying to entertain a person who is so myopic in vision. Beleive what you want to.

I would wait for our chinese members to reply on this. Nalanda University is as famous in china as in India due to works of scholars like Xuanzang.

Legend says that when Chinese traveler Xuanzang was staying at Nalanda University, he saw a dream while sleeping that Nalanda University had been destroyed and cattles are grazing over that place.

Hope India provide funds for the reconstruction of Takshashila University as well or may be create our lost TakshaShilla University somewhere in India..

Hope India provide funds for the reconstruction of Takshashila University as well or may be create our lost TakshaShilla University somewhere in India..

Takshashila and Vikramshila sounds very common. Taksha was a Hindu King; shila means pillar in Sanskrit Language.

Back
Top Bottom