What's new

Featured Myanmar gathers troops near Bangladesh border

As long as they had sufficient ammunition and logistic to carry such large amount of ammunition. In which regard i very doubtfull they had such capability and capacity to do so, in which if they had, since long time ago they can crush most of the rebellion in their country instead so eagerly to signing an Armistice agreement and acknowledge the Rebel forces to had independen cantonment or de facto country within country.
It is wiser to regard your enemy stronger than what you see. MM military is stronger than us in every field. About crushing rebellion inside MM, note that its number of troops is over 400, 000. In comparison, ours is only about 160,000. MM troops have become very efficient because they always fight against the rebels.

In our case. the political top ups and military brass are complacent doing only some fruitless training and sending them by rotation to the UN peacekeeping job that earns the govt foreign exchange.

Troops must have one single motto, that is to defend one's own country against its adversaries. BD's military lacks this focusing.

Last edited:
It is wiser to regard your enemy stronger than what you see. MM military is stronger than us in every field. About crushing rebellion inside MM, note that its number of troops is over 400, 000. In comparison, ours is only about 160,000. MM troops have become very efficient because they always fight against the rebels.

In our case. the political top ups and military brass are complacent doing only some fruitless training and sending them by rotation to the UN peacekeeping job that earns the govt foreign exchange.

Troops must have one single motto, that is to defend one's own country against its adversaries. BD;s military lacks this focusing.

Yes, one should consider their enemy stronger but that's all BD *has* been doing. In fact, above and beyond. Even our diplomats are neutered on the issue.

Their 400,000 troops cannot even defeat rebels in their own country!

Please read my earlier posts. I outlined that a BD-MM war is not to be a full fledged war but a border war. And it will not effect the heartlands because they have more to lose than us. Their cities and gas-fields are in the line of fire.

They would rather lose a piece of land to an autonomous Rohingya region, then risk their gas-fields and capital! Half of Myanmar is already autonomously controlled by ethnic rebel groups.

Myanmar is not a suicidal regime. If they don't bother to destroy any of their existing rebel enclaves and groups, they're not in a position to do such to BD itself.

You need to give it a break dude... Patently false statement all around....BD would not exist if our people were pushovers.
Did I hurt your feeling by talking sane and reality of BD military? Where do you see any false talking from my side? Be specific and tell me. It is no force at all. Do you guys think by praising BD military in this forum will make it stronger than the MM military?

You are living in dreams. BD exists not by bravery, but by the small kindness from other nearby countries. It is just a pushover country. Tell us the hard facts about the manpower, logistics and machines to prove your point that BA can handle the MM military? Say also how courageous our people are when they love to weep on the so-called 3 million false death.

Their 400,000 troops cannot even defeat rebels in their own country!

Please read my earlier posts. I outlined that a BD-MM war is not to be a full fledged war but a border war. And it will not effect the heartlands because they have more to lose than us. Their cities and gas-fields are in the line of fire.
A military does not use its missiles to kill its own rebels, but does so when it is fighting against another country. The same is also with planes. So, it is wiser not to become complacent, especially when Chittagong Hill Tracts is still suffering from our own rebels. So, It is not the yardstick.

If their cities and gas fields are in so danger what our BA troops are doing then? They should destroy them to show the world that they can do. MM would then come to kowtow us. However, it is us who are kowtowing them with a big smile. Very shameless!!

A military does not use its missiles to kill its own rebels, but does so when it is fighting against another country. The same is also with planes. So, it is wiser not to become complacent, especially when Chittagong Hill Tracts is still suffering from our own rebels. So, It is not the yardstick.

If their cities and gas fields are in so danger what our BA troops are doing then? They should destroy them to show the world that they can do. MM would then come to kowtow us. However, it is us who are kowtowing them with a big smile. Very shameless!!

Then why isn't Armenia and Azerbaijan firing missiles at each others cities? Why aren't their planes dropping bombs over them? Even Russia didn't do so with Georgia or Ukraine, they only fought over their disputed regions.

This isn't even a Pakistan-India or a US-Iraq/Libya/Vietnam level of conflict. Neither country is trying to destroy the other state or impose regime change.

You are conflating regime change level of conflict with border conflict. Neither Myanmar nor BD is suicidal.

BD would only attack their gas fields if it was a full fledged war. It's currently not even a war, and if it did break out it won't be full fledged but the option is always there and they have more to lose.

As long as they had sufficient ammunition and logistic to carry such large amount of ammunition. In which regard i very doubtfull they had such capability and capacity to do so, in which if they had, since long time ago they can crush most of the rebellion in their country instead so eagerly to signing an Armistice agreement and acknowledge the Rebel forces to had independen cantonment or de facto country within country.
Unlike India which's British product,burma is a natural hegemon in History of South east Asia. Their geography is as good as it gets,no weak nation gets the huge and convenient landmass that Burma has.
Not wise to put Myanmar down ,when push comes to shove.

Yangon of Myanmar looks more pristine than anything in south asia. They may be economically struggling due to all the sanctions and internal problems,but these are more orderly & regimented bunch naturally.

Then why isn't Armenia and Azerbaijan firing missiles at each others cities? Why aren't their planes dropping bombs over them? Even Russia didn't do so with Georgia or Ukraine, they only fought over their disputed regions.

This isn't even a Pakistan-India or a US-Iraq/Libya/Vietnam level of conflict. Neither country is trying to destroy the other state or impose regime change.

You are conflating regime change level of conflict with border conflict. Neither Myanmar nor BD is suicidal.

BD would only attack their gas fields if it was a full fledged war. It's currently not even a war, and if it did break out it won't be full fledged but the option is always there and they have more to lose.
Now, enjoy the video below instead of talking on unrelated topics on Azerbaizan. Enjoy it and learn what our BD troops are doing to tackle MM forces:

I've watched your video.

1. These are an amalgamation of images. Not all current and not all from the BD border.

2. I've never said they need to engage in direct conflict NOW, just when there is reports of troop build-up. The conflict needs to be by surprise, especially AFTER Myanmar has gone through some natural disasters elsewhere in their country. But ideally, it needs to be a proxy conflict, which is what I've always advocated for.

3. These recent years from mine planting to troop build up, is precisely why BD army should have taken measures years back. We are still at that crossroads where if we do not act, worse things WILL happen in the years and decades to come.

They may be economically struggling due to all the sanctions and internal problems,but these are more orderly & regimented bunch naturally.

They are not struggling due to sanctions or internal issues, which are minor causes.

They struggle because a huge portion of their budget (some say as high as 30%) goes toward arms purchases disproportionate to their defence needs (which in turn only enriches the pockets of the generals in the Tatmadaw). Civil administration in Myanmar has no say so in running state governance. They are order takers.

Their main source of income is not local value addition (which it should be like maybe Bangladesh or Thailand). Tatmadaw makes money from mining semi precious stones, selling and smuggling Yaba to Bangladesh/Thailand and by profiting from poppy (drug) cultivation.

Yet their economy is one-fifth the size of Bangladesh. Their stats and news are BS because these are controlled by State Military Apparatus.

I know Myanmar looks rosy from the Indian NorthEast - but please don't compare Myanmar (or whatever semblance of token progress they show via controlled news) with normal countries and normal economies. They still are North Korea 2.0. By constitution, SLORC/Tatmadaw has mandatory seats in their Parliament for representation and control.

They are not struggling due to sanctions or internal issues, which are minor causes.

They struggle because a huge portion of their budget (some say as high as 30%) goes toward arms purchases disproportionate to their defence needs (which in turn only enriches the pockets of the generals in the Tatmadaw). Civil administration in Myanmar has no say so in running state governance. They are order takers.

Their main source of income is not local value addition (which it should be like maybe Bangladesh or Thailand). Tatmadaw makes money from mining semi precious stones, selling and smuggling Yaba to Bangladesh/Thailand and by profiting from poppy (drug) cultivation.

Yet their economy is one-fifth the size of Bangladesh. Their stats and news are BS because these are controlled by State Military Apparatus.

I know Myanmar looks rosy from the Indian NorthEast - but please don't compare Myanmar (or whatever semblance of token progress they show via controlled news) with normal countries and normal economies. They still are North Korea 2.0. By constitution, SLORC/Tatmadaw has mandatory seats in their Parliament for representation and control.
Huge number of Myanmar folk does medical tourism in Imphal no need for your churlish remark to enlighten me, where it's better off.

They struggle because they have been under a military regime till 2011 ,cut off from the rest of the world ,and still in the process of liberalization. While being hard hit by sanctions, sanctions of on a poor developing nation can be crippling for them.
The military influence is still lingering . They need to sort out a balance between the military & other nation building aspects.
And please don't degrade North Korea ,they are in a league of their own then anything in south asia and would've owned the economy of the world more than their southern counterpart if not for the US sanction.
Myanmar may be too much for ignorant bd folk.Their remote corner town are more pristine,orderly and managed than south asian mega cities.Easy to gauge the potential by simply walking on their roads.

Last edited:
Bluesky, on one hand you're saying Bengalis are cowards but on the other your saying MM is courageous and strong so you are falling in the former group. Nike, is closer to the truth.
So, you are here to categorized people to weak and meek group. Well, how about you? Watch in the mirror what you are. I do not like people making personal attacks. I know what I am.

Huge number of Myanmar folk does medical tourism in Imphal no need for your churlish remark to enlighten me, where it's better off.

They struggle because they have been under a military regime till 2011 ,cut off from the rest of the world ,and still in the process of liberalization. While being hard hit by sanctions, sanctions of on a poor developing nation can be crippling for them.
The military influence is still lingering . They need to sort out a balance between the military & other nation building aspects.
And please don't degrade North Korea ,they are in a league of their own then anything in south asia and would've owned the economy of the world more than their southern counterpart if not for the US sanction.
Myanmar may be too much for ignorant bd folk.Their remote corner town are more pristine,orderly and managed than south asian mega cities.Easy to gauge the potential by simply walking on their roads,

I don't give a rat's a$$ about what the Myanmarese' problem is with their economy. Don't care.

But then - we aren't discussing Myanmar's well being or how Nagas are their their blood brothers here either.

Unless you have anything on topic to offer, then stay off the thread.

Did I hurt your feeling by talking sane and reality of BD military? Where do you see any false talking from my side? Be specific and tell me. It is no force at all. Do you guys think by praising BD military in this forum will make it stronger than the MM military?

You are living in dreams. BD exists not by bravery, but by the small kindness from other nearby countries. It is just a pushover country. Tell us the hard facts about the manpower, logistics and machines to prove your point that BA can handle the MM military? Say also how courageous our people are when they love to weep on the so-called 3 million false death.

My comment was in response to you regarding the people of BD not BD military.

BD does not exist because of others largesse. Your lack of self confidence can be happily rectified by reading up on history.

Criticizing any issue is your right but when you choose to malign the entire people of BD, i am afraid I will always call out nonsense.

I don't give a rat's a$$ about what the Myanmarese' problem is with their economy. Don't care.

But then - we aren't discussing Myanmar's well being or how Nagas are their their blood brothers here either.

Unless you have anything on topic to offer, then stay off the thread.
So ridiculous; my whole post was direct retort to the parts of your assumption filled claims in your reply.

Back
Top Bottom