What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Culprit is welding. It has nothing to do with stealth.
And, indeed, I didn't say it had anything to do with stealth (or rather: RCS reduction by structural design). But Huang appears to speak to it, nonetheless.

So, on the basis of insights gained, what does this picture say about the quality of welding in India and France? (68 is the only one of her class to have been built in Lorient yard in France while the remaining five frigates were to be built locally by Singapore Technologies (ST) Marine at its Benoi yard in Singapore)
RSS_Formidable_%2868%29_and_INS_Brahmaputra_%28F_31%29.jpg

Or between that of Singapore and the US?
72-RSS-Stalwart-photo-004.jpg

In sum, buckling may be welding caused, but does buckling mean poor welding?

And, indeed, I didn't say it had anything to do with stealth (or rather: RCS reduction by structural design). But Huang appears to speak to it, nonetheless.

So, on the basis of insights gained, what does this picture say about the quality of welding in India and France? (68 is the only one of her class to have been built in Lorient yard in France while the remaining five frigates were to be built locally by Singapore Technologies (ST) Marine at its Benoi yard in Singapore)
RSS_Formidable_%2868%29_and_INS_Brahmaputra_%28F_31%29.jpg

Or between that of Singapore and the US?
72-RSS-Stalwart-photo-004.jpg

In sum, buckling may be welding caused, but does buckling mean poor welding?
I wont worry too much about it. The deformity here are betweeen the beams on the contiguous sheet where welding is between structure and the sheet. There is actually no joint between the sheets. I will pay attention to the welding where two sheets are joined together, as in the case of burmese ship.

The book itself says there would be 30% cost escalation to take care of the deformity.

lets see what @Penguin and @Bilal9 has to say
They are expert.

Typically this is the result of using thinner gauge metal plates (skin) on the exterior to save weight which buckle because of flexing -like you said above. The story about the uneven exterior skin improving radar signature (RCS) is not valid.....RCS is a function of reflectivity of large shapes and angled facets, not smoothness of surface or the opposite of it.

One can also improve (decrease) RCS signature effectiveness by using special metal nodules as coating, but marine applications have not been overly successful because of how costly it is to apply over large areas.

Last edited:
The story about the uneven exterior skin improving radar signature (RCS) is not valid.....RCS is a function of reflectivity of large shapes and angled facets, not smoothness of surface or the opposite of it.
What story? IIRC, I certainly didn't claim this. I did say that buckling may be more evident (i.e. easier to see) on ships with large flat surfaces as in contemporary designs with RCS reduction features (as compared to more cluttered and less smooth older designs e.g. Gearing or Sumner destroyer - and these already showed the same 'problem')

Are you high on something all the time. I dont see any golf ball in the DDG-1000. Get lost
"much like the dimples on a golf ball"... it's an analogy. Play nice please.

He's only best at copy pasting from google and inserting screen shots. Man has no knowledge about anything! :lol:
Play nice please.

LOL another low IQ BD person claiming there is no specular smoothness coefficient for the reflectivity equations derived from maxwell's E.M theory regarding all modes of E.M reflection.
Let's all play nice (including me)

This is Burmese thread, please keep on the track guys.
Didn't know there is thread ownership. All fora are open.

MiG 29 UPG for Myanmar
====================

MiG 29s from Myanmar AF are being upgraded to MiG 29UPG standard in Russia.
However Myanmar MiG 29 UPG will not use the same radars as Indian MiG 29 UPG.
Currently, MAF sent 8 MiG 29 Bs and 2 MiG 29 SEs as a first batch to Russia.
Toatal of 28 MiG 29s will be sent to Russia and the upgrade programme is to be completed by late 2018.
Myanmar has 31 MiG 29:-
3 x MiG 29 UB
8 x MiG 29 B and
20 x MiG 29 SE.
After completion of the programme MAF will have 28 MiG 29 UPG. MiG 29 UPG for MAF will be designated as MiG 29 SM(Mod).
By 2019, 28 MiG 29 UPGs and 12 JF 17 Blk 2s wil become the backbone of MAF fighter fleet.
Apart from that programme, Russia is also setting up an overhaul plant for MiG 29 in Myanmar.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...-mig-29-upgrade-revealed-will-malaysia-follow

MiG 29 UPG for Myanmar
====================

MiG 29s from Myanmar AF are being upgraded to MiG 29UPG standard in Russia.
However Myanmar MiG 29 UPG will not use the same radars as Indian MiG 29 UPG.
Currently, MAF sent 8 MiG 29 Bs and 2 MiG 29 SEs as a first batch to Russia.
Toatal of 28 MiG 29s will be sent to Russia and the upgrade programme is to be completed by late 2018.
Myanmar has 31 MiG 29:-
3 x MiG 29 UB
8 x MiG 29 B and
20 x MiG 29 SE.
After completion of the programme MAF will have 28 MiG 29 UPG. MiG 29 UPG for MAF will be designated as MiG 29 SM(Mod).
By 2019, 28 MiG 29 UPGs and 12 JF 17 Blk 2s wil become the backbone of MAF fighter fleet.
Apart from that programme, Russia is also setting up an overhaul plant for MiG 29 in Myanmar.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...-mig-29-upgrade-revealed-will-malaysia-follow
so we wont consider new fighter aircraft before 2020. what ever it's nice as the upgraded version is the most advanced in MIG varients..

so we wont consider new fighter aircraft before 2020. what ever it's nice as the upgraded version is the most advanced in MIG varients..
Yes bro. No new fighter in near future. MAF will spend around $150 m for MiG 29 upgrade programme. But MAF is looking for a new ground attack fighter and attack hptr.

Yes bro. No new fighter in near future. MAF will spend around $150 m for MiG 29 upgrade programme. But MAF is looking for a new ground attack fighter and attack hptr.
So negotiations to buy 6 Mi-28 NE may be real. Bro what about the ground attacker..? Su-25..?

So negotiations to buy 6 Mi-28 NE may be real. Bro what about the ground attacker..? Su-25..?
MAF is so much interested in buying the night capable attack hptr. A lot of negotiations are on going including Mi 28NE. MAF Mi 35P have already carried out hundreds of attack sorties in the North East with no single lost. And Mi 35P proved to be a fear factor. So MAF decided to buy more attack htrp.

But for the ground attack fighter, they are just thinking of phasing out A5 and replacing them. No negotiations yet. I hope they choose Su 25 over JH 7A.[emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom