What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

but most likely they are the Chinese version Harbin Z-9
no bro. it's eurocopter.Myanmar got them from friendly nation which have close relation with the west. and it was mentioned as eurocopters as well when they were commissioned bro.
we also used EC120 for training purpose.
F5DDC33C-B547-4333-A68B-61849E1A359E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm still a newbie here so can't post links. Feel free to Google the mizzima article "Myanmar commissions new air power"

There are definitely dauphins in the inventory.

Google "N491VA" and click on the first aviationDB link.

This one in particular was imported recently from the US and took part in naval exercises a few years back. Was used for search and rescue operations on a corvette.

But I wonder if there are also z-9s

Great video! Cool to see MM personnel speak fluent Russian...they must have really attended a lot of in-depth training/education there.

@vostok
ture. bro most of 25-35 aged officers can speak fluently in russian as their education was finished in Russian. according to data from Russia MOD, over 600 scholars are currently attending in universities of Russia. bro :D

Korean TV show which can tell about how beautiful Myanmar is. :D @Karatay @MyintMyat @Devilduck
=========================================================
the second floating dock FD -02 has been commissioned a few weeks ago. it is built in Naval shipyard at Thilawa.
32290855_448683525558767_9163366206948769792_n.jpg

ture. bro most of 25-35 aged officers can speak fluently in russian as their education was finished in Russian. according to data from Russia MOD, over 600 scholars are currently attending in universities of Russia. bro :D

Korean TV show which can tell about how beautiful Myanmar is. :D @Karatay @MyintMyat @Devilduck
=========================================================
the second floating dock FD -02 has been commissioned a few weeks ago. it is built in Naval shipyard at Thilawa.
View attachment 474229
Hahaha I watched that show before. Glad they liked the visit

------------------------
Is that floating dock in the similar size as the first one?

Hahaha I watched that show before. Glad they liked the visit
ya bro. i was surprised that most of the presenter in that show loved Myanmar. so the potential of Asian tourists who want to visit Myanmar is not that bad even after the rakhine attack. hope to earn more than last year from tourism sector.
Is that floating dock in the similar size as the first one?
according to photo data , ya. FD 02 is twin of sayar shan. bro

according to this ,
View attachment 444682
so many under construction in naval shipyard
135m frigate x 1 unit
80m OPV x 1 unit
65m floating dock x 1 unit
60m submarine chaser x 2 units
49m FAC x 1unit
rivercraft x 2 units
a busy year for navy @tarpitz
our 135m frigates will be now 2nd generation Kyan sit thar class which is enlarged version of previous ones.

no. but at least 2 or 3 are left. it will keep in inventry for 135m frigate and other ships which are currently under construction.really nice to see like u who interested in our navy ships.

upgrading programe for 472 is already star

It is nice to get a new floating dock. I hope the navy will commissioned the 135 m frigate soon. And I really hope it got VLS air defense. Most of the frigate are around 110 m and our new frigate is 135 m. I hope it has weapon systems like Admiral Gorshkov class frigate which has a length of 135 m. I think it is a possibility given that we now have major navy cooperation with Russia. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Sergey_Gorshkov_class.gif

What do you guys think that it can happen or not ??

It is nice to get a new floating dock. I hope the navy will commissioned the 135 m frigate soon. And I really hope it got VLS air defense. Most of the frigate are around 110 m and our new frigate is 135 m. I hope it has weapon systems like Admiral Gorshkov class frigate which has a length of 135 m. I think it is a possibility given that we now have major navy cooperation with Russia. :cheesy: :cheesy:

View attachment 474427

What do you guys think that it can happen or not ??
sure. bro
hope navy budget is fat enough to buy the staffs onboard of Admiral Gorshkov class. we are currently building total 8 ships. i dont think that 135m frigate will be commissioned with full weapons like Admiral Gorshkov. but it will be gradually upgraded to the standard of Admiral Gorshkov class or type 054 or shivalik class. who knows. :P

Back
Top Bottom