What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

img-2edc9e42e5498d45a99d69f7a67eb29e.jpg

img-d363eb1520dc2fe2104fc5310be71f72.jpg

img-118f07d601a3adec3265d9bd7eb20d9a.jpg

img-d372f364a5ff8be251e40aeccc838650.jpg

MAF J-7M clashed on April 3.

Air Force Jet Crashes in Bago, Kills Pilot

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/burma/air-force-jet-crashes-bago-kills-pilot.html

By THE IRRAWADDY 3 April 2018

YANGON — A Myanmar Air Force jet crashed on Tuesday near a village in Taungoo town, Bago Region, killing the pilot.

The Myanmar military’s Office of the Commander-in-Chief announced that an F-7 from Taungoo airbase went down due to mechanical failure while on a training mission.

The search and rescue team from the airbase found the wreckage near Kyun Kone and Myauk Yay Kyi villages.

The pilot Major Arkar Win succumbed to his injuries despite treatment at a military hospital in Taungoo, said the announcement.

In June of last year, a Chinese made Y-200 F military transport plane crashed into the Andaman Sea in the southwest of Tanintharyi Region’s Dawei due to bad weather and killed all 122 people – military staff members and their families including 15 children – on board. The crash was listed as the worst accident in Myanmar Air Force history.

A military helicopter crashed in central Myanmar, killing three military personnel on board in June 2016.

Five military personnel were killed in February 2016 after an air force aircraft crashed in the country’s capital, Naypyitaw, according to media reports.

Topics: Accident, Military

By THE IRRAWADDY 3 April 2018

YANGON — A Myanmar Air Force jet crashed on Tuesday near a village in Taungoo town, Bago Region, killing the pilot.

The Myanmar military’s Office of the Commander-in-Chief announced that an F-7 from Taungoo airbase went down due to mechanical failure while on a training mission.

The search and rescue team from the airbase found the wreckage near Kyun Kone and Myauk Yay Kyi villages.

The pilot Major Arkar Win succumbed to his injuries despite treatment at a military hospital in Taungoo, said the announcement.

In June of last year, a Chinese made Y-200 F military transport plane crashed into the Andaman Sea in the southwest of Tanintharyi Region’s Dawei due to bad weather and killed all 122 people – military staff members and their families including 15 children – on board. The crash was listed as the worst accident in Myanmar Air Force history.

A military helicopter crashed in central Myanmar, killing three military personnel on board in June 2016.

Five military personnel were killed in February 2016 after an air force aircraft crashed in the country’s capital, Naypyitaw, according to media reports.

Topics: Accident, Military

[/QUOTE]
Yes he was a brave pilot. Based on the location and the coordinates of his plane's path, some say he steered the ill fated plane from hitting villages. Which is why the plane was found in a paddy field. So he couldn't deploy his parachute in time and they had to drag his body from the water. I hope they give him a proper funeral. Thanks for your contribution here and helping us stay updated bro

Documentary about Myanmar-Russian military relations by Russian media (tvzvezda)

link: tvzvezda.ru(slash)news(slash)opk(slash)content(slash)201805060759-4g9x(dot)htm

please replace (dot) with . and (slash) with /
sorry I cant link to the original sites because I dont meet the minimum requirement of 29 replies.

To be honest, I was really surprised so many Myanmar army officers speak russian fluently. The article also said that there is gonna be a major cooperation between the two militaries.

Documentary about Myanmar-Russian military relations by Russian media (tvzvezda)

link: tvzvezda.ru(slash)news(slash)opk(slash)content(slash)201805060759-4g9x(dot)htm

please replace (dot) with . and (slash) with /
sorry I cant link to the original sites because I dont meet the minimum requirement of 29 replies.

To be honest, I was really surprised so many Myanmar army officers speak russian fluently. The article also said that there is gonna be a major cooperation between the two militaries.
Wow. Uninterrupted friendly military relations for a century and a half. That's just awesome. No wonder they stood with Myanmar at the UN alongside China.

Back
Top Bottom