What's new

Myanmar as an emerging military power

Wow. Myanmar military looks quite decent. Never knew they were this advanced (though most of their equipments still comes mainly from china and Russia). Seems phillipines is the only ASEAN country with an obselete military. They really need to buckle up man.

No, what happened afterwards?
Nothing happened afterwards. If you're referring to the story about the shelling, it was a fake piece of news printed in a cheap Rohingya propaganda site with pictures from somewhere else. Even some of the smarter bangladeshis acknowledged this.

Myanmar Navy is building two 77 metre corvettes and two 81 metre corvettes.

New AMS/FDS system contract for Myanmar Navy vessels

CMR Products, Singapore
has won a contract to design and supply an integrated AMS (Alarm Monitoring System) and FDS (Fire Detection System) system for a marine navy new-build project in Myanmar (formerly Burma).

The order for the AMS/FDS system was placed by Myanmar-based Singa International, which will be delivering the final package to the Myanmar Navy for its new 77 m and 81 m long vessels. These are under construction at the navy headquarters’ shipyard Than Lwin Twonship in Yangon, Myanmar.

Alvin Tay, general manager for CMR Products, said:

“The flexibility and value for money of our solution, together with our experience in PLC automation and ability to provide on-going project support impressed Singa.

We have delivered a fully advanced system which not only complies with several changes in the original specification but will provide long term reliability and high performance capabilities in some of the most challenging marine conditions.”

The system will feature ABB PLC and Beijer touch screens for the AMS while the FDS is based on the HOCHIKI fire alarm system. The whole system has been designed to enable information from the FDS to be viewed on the AMS via Modbus TCP/IP.

This will allow the vessels’ crews to have access to information about the status of the individual heat detectors, smoke detectors, water/flood detectors, hatch and water tight door positions on the same touch screen.

The CMR Products team worked in close partnership with Singa International from the start of the project to deliver a customised and cost effective solution that enables the Myanmar Navy to benefit from state-of-the-art technology which can be upgraded to meet any future changes in requirement.

All project co-ordination and management, automation design and programming was undertaken by CMR Products Pte Ltd in Singapore.
Myanmar Navy Project Win

#‎Indonesia‬'s PT PAL receives orders for warships from foreign countries, ‪#‎Myanmar‬ and ‪#‎Turkey‬ interested in PT PAL.

10482577_690791067661937_3286039187950480301_n.jpg

#‎JAKARTA‬, -- PT PAL Indonesia has just received orders from the ‪#‎Philippines‬ for 2 Makassar-class LPDs, just after successfully launching it's KCR-60 Fast Missile Boat for the Indonesian Navy.
The company has also cooperated with a number of countries for the same purpose.

"There's already two countries interested in cooperating with us. On the 16th of July 2014, it is scheduled for a cooperation agreement with Myanmar, as well Turkey which also expressed interest in PT PAL's products" Edy Widarto, Production Director of PT PAL said in Surabaya, 15th of July 2014.

He explained, PT PAL Indonesia is the middle of cooperating with a number of countries among them, Turkey and Myanmar. "However, we haven't yet know what those countries need or interested in". said Edy.

Currently, PT PAL Indonesia have been making a number of commercial ships, such as tankers, ferries, merchant vessels, etc. as well as warships such as Fast Missile Boats, Frigates, Landing Platform Docks as well as Submarines in the future.

Myanmar have been reported to be interested in an Landing Platform Dock, similar to the one the Philippines ordered with a price tag of around $90 million. About the specific type of vessel that Myanmar will order is not yet confirmed. "Currently, we are still working on the Fast Missile Boat order from the Indonesian Ministry of Defence." he said.

In May, Indonesian Defence Minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro stated that the government needed 16 KCR-60(Fast Missile Boat) and 16 KCR-40(Fast missile boat). Meanwhile, PT PAL is able to produce 3 KCR-60s in a year.

Deputy Defence Minister Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin on his visit said the government is currently working together with a number of countries, by showing PT PAL Indonesia as the "lead integrator" which has a "combat system".

"In the year 2025, our military assets would be ideal. Currently, we need a more advanced defence industry, whether it's for ships, aircraft, etc." he said.

(This news was translated by our editors)

Source: PT PAL Dapat Order Kapal Perang dari Asing

(Picture: Indonesian-made Banjarmasin-class Landing Platform Dock made by PT PAL Indonesia with Pindad Anoa APC's made by PT Pindad)

‪#‎AseanMilitaryDefenseReview‬

Myanmar Navy and Indonesia's PT PAL in LPD talks

544608_20140724073858.jpg

The Myanmar Navy (MN) and Indonesian naval shipbuilder PT PAL are in talks over the MN's potential purchase of landing platform docks (LPDs) to bolster sealift and amphibious capabilities, IHS Jane's understands.

The two parties have recently entered what have been described to IHS Jane's as "preliminary discussions" about the MN's acquisition of a small number of vessels based on PT PAL's Makassar-class LPD, which in turn is based on a design by South Korea's Dae Sun Shipbuilding and Engineering.

PT PAL has delivered five Makassar-class LPDs to the Indonesian Navy and in June signed a contract to supply the Philippine Navy (PN) with two LPDs based on the same design.

Myanmar Navy and Indonesia's PT PAL in LPD talks | Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian Community

I just read 35 pages of this thread, half of it are romantic racial talk between Myanmar and Bangladesh.

------------------------------------------------

I have to admit that I just know now that Myanmar military industries are well developed. Before it, I thought that Myanmar is just importer.

-------------------------------------------------

I have questions about Myanmar military personnel

What is the net salary (after tax) in US$ for Myanmar's 2nd lieutenant?
What is the net salary of Myanmar's sergeant?
What is the net salary of Myanmar's private?

How many officer graduated from Myanmar military academy each year?
How long duration Myanmar military academy curriculum? Is it 3 years education? 4 years?

Have you forgotten what happened when Myanmar tried to take on our BGB recently?:azn:
Well afaik,your BGB got some serious a$$ kicking from the Myanmar Border Guards:lol:.Man let's face the facts here that the Myanmar Defense Force is eons ahead of their Bangladeshi counterparts.Plus they have got some cool weapons and equipment in their arsenal which will come extremely handy in case of a future BD-Myanmar war.Then again you have got a country which is 20 times larger than yours to worry about at the same time.So if i were Bangladeshi military planner i would rather be pretty much concerned the present situation.In any future Myanmar-BD conflict India will support Myanmar albeit covertly and the funniest thing is that Myanmar also has China by it's side.So it's a win-win situation for the Burmese people....:coffee:

I just read 35 pages of this thread, half of it are romantic racial talk between Myanmar and Bangladesh.

------------------------------------------------

I have to admit that I just know now that Myanmar military industries are well developed. Before it, I thought that Myanmar is just importer.

-------------------------------------------------

I have questions about Myanmar military personnel

What is the net salary (after tax) in US$ for Myanmar's 2nd lieutenant?
What is the net salary of Myanmar's sergeant?
What is the net salary of Myanmar's private?

How many officer graduated from Myanmar military academy each year?
How long duration Myanmar military academy curriculum? Is it 3 years education? 4 years?

the salary of Myanmar's 2nd lieutenant = 200 US$ ++ I'm not sure about that of other ranks.. the salary of MM's are too low compared with other ASEAN countries due to MM's economic condition.. hopefully will be increased within this decades...

I don't think so.

DSC_0180.jpg

Homies from BD cut down 300,000 ton oil tanker without any protective gear.

They will cut through your ships like warm knife through butter !!!

Have some r.e.s.p.e.c.t

well some of the Mayamar military stuffs shown here is really impressive

Back
Top Bottom