What's new

Myanmar Air Force confirms purchase of JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets

with bangladesh looking to get some SU-30sme's interesting times lay ahead. if a military confrontation breaks out and you have 4 bangladeshi armed SU-30SMES fully kitted against 10 JF-17Blk2 from myarmar who do you think will win. I sure as hell know what will happen..............Things will end very very badly for one side and i think all of us know which side that will be.

Since when Bangladesh is operating SU? and winning an air combat depends a lot on Pilot skills!
PAF have had recorded kills with F7 vs. F-16.

$35million each? That is expensive if it's only the plane.
sounds about right, i am pretty sure that training and basic logistic setup is included
fc 20 would be almost double that price
was around 40 million for 36 jets in 2003-04 for pakistan(reported) would be around 60-70 these days

Sir,
I don't intent to cause a shit storm here which is why I addressed you directly.

I believe a little background check goes a long way before allow threads such as this .. The article in question was posted way back in June .. and last cached in Google on 20th on Nov 2016.

View attachment 356557

Meanwhile this is from JANES .. so the source is impeccable.

HOME DEFENCE PLATFORMS AIR PLATFORMS ARTICLE

CONTENT PREVIEWTo read the full article, Client Login
Air Platforms
DSA 2016: Pakistan bullish on JF-17 sales
Richard D Fisher Jr, Kuala Lumpur - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
21 April 2016

1654770_-_main.jpg

A Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder at the 2015 Paris Air Show. Source: IHS/Patrick Allen

Despite a high-profile reversal for the JF-17 fighter in Malaysia last December, officials from the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) attending the Defence Services Asia (DSA) 2016 exhibition in Kuala Lumpur remain optimistic about regional sales and offered details about the fighter co-developed with China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group.

In December 2015 Malaysia's high commissioner to Pakistan said Malaysia was considering purchasing the JF-17 and might make a decision "very soon". Malaysia's defense minister denied this the following day.

Nevertheless, PAC officials attending DSA remain optimistic about a future sale to Malaysia. Myanmar has been widely reported as the first JF-17 customer.

PAC officials also countered recent negative reports about the JF-17 in Western media. They denied a JF-17 had broken up in flight due to faulty wing design, as had been reported earlier this year
. According to press reports, India recently advanced criticism of the JF-17 to lobby against the JF-17's sale to Sri Lanka.

Regarding future JF-17 development, on multiple occasions Pakistani officials have affirmed their commitment to the 8.7-ton-thrust Klimov RD-93 turbofan. However, officials speaking to IHS Jane's at DSA 2016 said that for the goal of advancing aircraft performance, they were open to considering China's 9-ton-thrust WS-13 or the 9.4-ton-thrust Klimov RD-33MK.

Russian industry sources at DSA 2016 noted that the WS-13 remains at an early stage of development and has an estimated service life of 2,000 hours compared with 4,000 hours for the RD-33MK.

PAC officials also confirmed that the new JF-17 refuelling probe design, recently seen in China, will be the configuration for the JF-17. These officials also noted that Pakistan has an anti-ship variant of the new China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC)-developed hypersonic CM-400 air-to-surface missile. They said a twin-seat JF-17 would begin test flights in late 2016 or early 2017.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To the OP -- I'm glad you have your 1st export customer Nigeria. Selling 3 units of fighter jets is no mean deal any time of the day. But do post factually.

Cheers.
production models for Myanmar code named ruby have been in production for quit some time and were confirmed on multiple fronts and news even pictures came out of the under construction ACs

with bangladesh looking to get some SU-30sme's interesting times lay ahead. if a military confrontation breaks out and you have 4 bangladeshi armed SU-30SMES fully kitted against 10 JF-17Blk2 from myarmar who do you think will win. I sure as hell know what will happen..............Things will end very very badly for one side and i think all of us know which side that will be.

Hi,

Well---in excercizes---F7PG's have scored kills on the F16's.

Now regarding the SU30SMES---JF17---the problem here is that there is no guarantor standing behind---. It is pure and simple a GAMBLE forced by the Paf on the pakistani public.

And my favorite question to the pakistani public is---

Imagine you are operating 240 SU30MKI's---and your enemy has 80 JF17BLK2's---and 80 F16's BLK52's & mlu's total---and your enemy says they will beat the crap out of you---.

Now write an essay and tell us how you would beat the enemy---also tell us what kind of drugs is the enemy on----and what are they smoking---regardless if they are a defensive air force or what---.

And you are right---a pilot sitting in the cockpit of an SU30 would be a capable pilot by default---.

Myanmar should order more JF-17 Block III to counter those flankers. :azn:

Hi,

Now regarding the SU30SMES---JF17---the problem here is that there is no guarantor standing behind---. It is pure and simple a GAMBLE forced by the Paf on the pakistani public.

Imagine you are operating 240 SU30MKI's---and your enemy has 80 JF17BLK2's---and 80 F16's BLK52's & mlu's total---and your enemy says they will beat the crap out of you---.

Now write an essay and tell us how you would beat the enemy---also tell us what kind of drugs is the enemy on----and what are they smoking---regardless if they are a defensive air force or what---.

And you are right---a pilot sitting in the cockpit of an SU30 would be a capable pilot by default---.
i still don't understand how a lightly armed fighter jet like the JF-17 can fight off a combination of SU-30s/Mig-29/Mirage2000, the mig-29 was designed to break the F-16 the SU-30s are something else, there needs to be an equalizer like a heavy fighter which carriers an equal ammount of power and payload to fight off the enemy the JF-17/f-16s are too lightweight for the job. I pray war never befalls any country but if in the future war happened between bangladesh and mayarmar and the above scanario came to fruition 100% the JF-17 regardless of model will never see another sale to any other country and the Indians would be licking there lips even more when they look at the PAF.

No wonder you turned pink. :cuckoo:

there signing a deal with russia/china.
which F-16 did the PAF F-7P shootdown? for it to be a recorded kill?
pilot skills don't win avaition battles it isn't ww2 anymore, @MastanKhan
80% of the battle will be decided in BVR/Radar technology regime (as per your own statement it is not WW2) so all Super Maneuverability of SU30 will be useless against JF17s. Reportedly KLJ7A radar teamed up with SD10 BVRs (and may be in future long range PL15s) will shoot down SUs from a long long distance before any SU can even think of attempting the useless Cobra Maneuver (which is only good for aerobatics).

i still don't understand how a lightly armed fighter jet like the JF-17 can fight off a combination of SU-30s/Mig-29/Mirage2000, the mig-29 was designed to break the F-16 the SU-30s are something else, there needs to be an equalizer like a heavy fighter which carriers an equal amount of power and payload to fight off the enemy the JF-17/f-16s are too lightweight for the job. I pray war never befalls any country but if in the future war happened between bangladesh and mayarmar and the above scanario came to fruition 100% the JF-17 regardless of model will never see another sale to any other country and the Indians would be licking there lips even more when they look at the PAF.
Bhai jan this is not boxing match where weight and size matters. Jf17 has 8 hard points, it can carry deadly combination of BVRs and IR missiles. It has self protection, it has data links, it can be refuled in air, its a perfect machine for Pakistan. It can kill any heavyweight which India can currently bring in the air. SU30 will be a sitting duck for BVRs, they will fall like mosquitoes once shot by AMRAAMs, SD 10s and PL15. You dont have the slightest clue about future air battles.

Hi,

Todays air battle is about see first-shoot first-scoot first, JF17 has superior radar, superior missile and fairly enough speed, and it is one third the price. PAF is not stupid, its the best Air Force in the world which has brought down IAF 5xtimes its size to knees. These pilots are best in the world. IAF focuses on buying expensive machines, PAF focuses on shooting enemy from the sky. PAF makes and designs its own fighter planes, an honour no other Air Force has in the world. JF17 will be a bird of the future with a superior engine, stealth materials and AESA radar. Let the enemies bark their propaganda to demoralize us.

Todays air battle is about see first-shoot first-scoot first, JF17 has superior radar, superior missile and fairly enough speed, and it is one third the price. PAF is not stupid, its the best Air Force in the world which has brought down IAF 5xtimes its size to knees. These pilots are best in the world. IAF focuses on buying expensive machines, PAF focuses on shooting enemy from the sky. PAF makes and designs its own fighter planes, an honour no other Air Force has in the world. JF17 will be a bird of the future with a superior engine, stealth materials and AESA radar. Let the enemies bark their propaganda to demoralize us.
dont forget about isreali and russian jets with 0 loss

I agree with Mastan khan's stance (which he has been saying for years now) that don't put too much confidence ONLY in the ability of the fighter pilot, at least have something technologically advance to compare things fairly on paper.
Some of the learned people keep saying "but PAF is a defensive force" i keep on thinking defense against who? Against a technologically and numerically superior foe?
Whatever happened to the "offense is the best defense" quote.

Satisfactory progress. Congrats Nation and specially PAF.
Block three will attract more attention of developing countries.

Well according to the logic presented by some respected members here that delayed in export orders of JF17 means it is a failed project and impotent.
Also suggest that the best 4.5th gen fighter gen out there AKA Dissault Rafael is also a faield project as it is has not secured any export order except the Still in "Dramatization stage" Indian Deal fluctuating from 250 to 26 and so on.

Well according to the logic presented by some respected members here that delayed in export orders of JF17 means it is a failed project and impotent.
Also suggest that the best 4.5th gen fighter gen out there AKA Dissault Rafael is also a faield project as it is has not secured any export order except the Still in "Dramatization stage" Indian Deal fluctuating from 250 to 26 and so on.
Securing exports was not the primary reason when Pakistan started developing JF17, the primary reason was no body was willing to give us state-of-the-art technology due to sanctions. USA and EU had banned exports to us, USSR was pro India and Chinese technology was in its infancy. AlhamdoliAllah today Chinese taechnolgy has almost caught up with the West, USSR India honey moon is over, days of American hegemony are numbered and EU is worried about its future (if at all any). Getting export orders is just a bonus, it is not the reasond'etre of this project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom