What's new

Myanmar Air Force confirms purchase of JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets

Will tag you then when THAT happens.

I will wait for that too. If JF-17s actually does achieve export success, it will be a huge milestone for Pakistan that I will indeed be proud of, as it would represent a real achievement, not the mostly imagined ones touted here. In the meantime, I will only lurk.

I will wait for that too. If JF-17s actually does achieve export success, it will be a huge milestone for Pakistan that I will indeed be proud of, as it would represent a real achievement, not the mostly imagined ones touted here. In the meantime, I will only lurk.
Sure,
as i said, will tag you then as well. I though a confirmed news was what you were looking for but i guess you want to see planes actually flying with some other air force. That surely will take a couple of years as production and delivery time will be over a year easily.

Still, not so sure if i will be very comfortable tagging you then as i though you asked for it on a lighter note, not as a challenge that JF17 wont be exported ever and if it does then tag me!! Surprised at that. I was of the view that you were saying thing as a common phrase, to get someone to notify you to join in the celebrations. I was wrong i guess.

Anyway, you might not need anyone to tag you so that wont be a problem.

wrong? Seriously i do not know if you actually said that JF17 have no export potential or anything on those lines. I just remember that you once said that when the order is confirmed someone should tag you. In fact, with so many news going about it (the interest) i share the same feeling. Was doing that. Surprised that you meant that there is no export prospects for JF17 and that is why you said that about the tag, as a challenge!!

Anyway, even if that was the case, you point is noted that this STILL is not acceptable for you. I though you were asking about confirmed new and not actual planes flying with some foreign customer (as that will take more time after the order is confirmed). Will tag you then when THAT happens.

Regards!

Some folks still wont accept it. This is a case of snivelling weasels who have ZERO interest in ANY good for Pakistan or Pakistanis and take joy in promoting dismay and discord among their former nation. Hell hath no fury as a..

Doubt about jf-17export potential is quite understandable given the facts that Pakistan keeps jumping from mkI to mkII and now mkIII, customer not knowing which version will eventually be mass produced, Chinese won't agree with export to any other country with Russian engines,the delay with certification of WS-13,Political upheavals in the country,only Chinese and not Pakistan in a position to advance credit, rate and time of supply,with Pakistan to meet its own need of replacement of J-7 fleet first ,with production rate of 16 units a year.JF-17 with 22000hp engine,bvr capable,equipped with AESA radar,comparatively cheaper than sanctions prone F-16 or Swedish Gripen (American engine) have a bright prospects of export, only once above mentioned hurdles have been removed for a customer.

Doubt about jf-17export potential is quite understandable given the facts that Pakistan keeps jumping from mkI to mkII and now mkIII, customer not knowing which version will eventually be mass produced, Chinese won't agree with export to any other country with Russian engines,the delay with certification of WS-13,Political upheavals in the country,only Chinese and not Pakistan in a position to advance credit, rate and time of supply,with Pakistan to meet its own need of replacement of J-7 fleet first ,with production rate of 16 units a year.JF-17 with 22000hp engine,bvr capable,equipped with AESA radar,comparatively cheaper than sanctions prone F-16 or Swedish Gripen (American engine) have a bright prospects of export, only once above mentioned hurdles have been removed for a customer.

IF and when such obstacles are removed, as I said before, whenever the sale is actually confirmed, I will be here to happily admit I was wrong about JF-17's export prospects. It will be a huge milestone for Pakistan that I will indeed be proud of, as it would represent a real achievement, not the mostly imagined ones touted here.

IF and when such obstacles are removed, as I said before, whenever the sale is actually confirmed, I will be here to happily admit I was wrong about JF-17's export prospects. It will be a huge milestone for Pakistan that I will indeed be proud of, as it would represent a real achievement, not the mostly imagined ones touted here.
Ali Haider Sahab,does the criteria of "real achievement " base upon the export of jf-17 or Pakistan being able to stand on its own feet to some strength ? .

Ali Haider Sahab,does the criteria of "real achievement " base upon the export of jf-17 or Pakistan being able to stand on its own feet to some strength ? .

A nuclear power that can export its own-made fighter jets is by definition standing on its own feet.

Hi,

You sound like Marium Nawaz---" if someone can prove that those properties are mine----then I will agree that they are mine".

So what is the timeline for delivery ? Even if the jets are just assembled and sold to 3rd countries by pakistan , its a good learning experience.
Maybe india can hold air exercises with mayanmar , our tejas against jf17 .
Will give us a good idea of its capablities.
I see what you did there,nice flame baiting.
Pak assembles 100% assembles and 60%manufactures the parts,the rest 40% are engine,radar etc.
Nigeria will be getting it's first 3 by year end. Myanmar to follow.Americans made agrements with pak that blk52+ won't go head2head with Chinese and no Chinese offical should come near 'em etc etc.We probably will make similar arrangements.Secondly Burma's JFT are modified according to their needs,PAF's JFT will be a different aircraft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom