What's new

Myanmar Air Force confirms purchase of JF-17 «Thunder» fighter jets

Production
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) holds the exclusive rights of 58% of JF-17 airframe co-production work. A comprehensive infrastructure comprising state of the art machines and required skilled human resource has very quickly been developed at the Complex. The final assembly and flight testing of the aircraft was the first JF-17 co-production activity to start at PAC. The first PAC produced aircraft was handed over to Pakistan Air Force in November 2009. Since then, aircraft are being produced regularly to meet the required schedule. The co-production of sub assemblies and structural parts has also commenced and is sequentially attaining the sustained production status. Besides upgrading the production system, PAC has also upgraded its quality, technology and archive management systems to meet the production and management standards of a 3rd generation fighter aircraft.

http://www.pac.org.pk/jf-17

Production
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) holds the exclusive rights of 58% of JF-17 airframe co-production work. A comprehensive infrastructure comprising state of the art machines and required skilled human resource has very quickly been developed at the Complex. The final assembly and flight testing of the aircraft was the first JF-17 co-production activity to start at PAC. The first PAC produced aircraft was handed over to Pakistan Air Force in November 2009. Since then, aircraft are being produced regularly to meet the required schedule. The co-production of sub assemblies and structural parts has also commenced and is sequentially attaining the sustained production status. Besides upgrading the production system, PAC has also upgraded its quality, technology and archive management systems to meet the production and management standards of a 3rd generation fighter aircraft.

http://www.pac.org.pk/jf-17
Is JF-17 a 3rd generation fighter or 4th generation ? I thought it was 4 th generation ?

Congrats,
But how much percentage of money will Pakistan get from this sale, I think Chengdu Aircraft Corporation will get all the money and Pakistan will get some amount for their labour work in assembling the JF-17 because every right is owned by CAC.

Myanmar rohingya muslims are being persecuted by majority Buddhist population and you guys are arming them, have Pakistan changed its ideology does business have now more priority than Islam?
when you have buyer and seller relationship then you actually listen to each other not cuz you want to its cuz you have no choice.... so its a good move by Pakistan.. we need to be their alpha arm seller.

Its a good start to be honest. The air craft market is perhaps the most contested market in the world with strings attached that have little to do with the aircrafts capabilities. To penetrate such a market in a short while is a good achievement. Focus should be on other African countries as well or any nation that can be a customer and has the cash to pay for the planes.
It has been so well marketed that there is no one nation on earth who didn't hear about the JF-17.. now the customers are lining up.. it will take a short time but it will be sold in big numbers..

According to Chinese it's a 3rd Gen Aircraft Like J-20 is 4th Gen for them
3rd G in China is the equivalent of 4th G in West, so the J-20 is a 4 ++ G and JF-17 Blk 2 is 4G, Blk 3 will be 4+ G..

It has been so well marketed that there is no one nation on earth who didn't hear about the JF-17.. now the customers are lining up.. it will take a short time but it will be sold in big numbers..

3rd G in China is the equivalent of 4th G in West, so the J-20 is a 4 ++ G and JF-17 Blk 2 is 4G, Blk 3 will be 4+ G..

Yupe :enjoy::enjoy:

Congrats,
But how much percentage of money will Pakistan get from this sale, I think Chengdu Aircraft Corporation will get all the money and Pakistan will get some amount for their labour work in assembling the JF-17 because every right is owned by CAC.

Myanmar rohingya muslims are being persecuted by majority Buddhist population and you guys are arming them, have Pakistan changed its ideology does business have now more priority than Islam?

Still, as you are new recruit to troll brigade that we mostly see around even some with fake or duplicate ID's I still quote you to understand an Indian Logic (Mostly from the same brigade).

Firstly, it was always about JF-17 wouldn't get any order because of this, that and what not then it came about proof of order so even then, as it happens, as habitual of such approach still, now asking for the shares this or that and most surprisingly, when India became concerned with Rohingya Muslims. You have a pathetic level to drag irrelevant things into the discussion that does not relates at all so hopefully, you will refrain and stay away being like this anymore.

Pretty soon you will see Indian delegate would be rushing to Myanmar with offers to cancel the deal, this time dragons will swallow the Indians alive.

Last edited:
finally some good news about JFT sale. i was getting tiredof news about countries showing "interest" in jft.

@Syed.Ali.Haider
I remember you asked me to tag you when there actually is a confirmed order for JF17 so you can join the celebrations and be proud!

Here we are. :)

Yes, thank you for the tag. This is still a third party source quoting unnamed officers. When the sale is actually confirmed, I will be here to happily admit I was wrong about JF-17's export prospects.

Yes, thank you for the tag. This is still a third party source quoting unnamed officers. When the sale is actually confirmed, I will be here to happily admit I was wrong about JF-17's export prospects.
wrong? Seriously i do not know if you actually said that JF17 have no export potential or anything on those lines. I just remember that you once said that when the order is confirmed someone should tag you. In fact, with so many news going about it (the interest) i share the same feeling. Was doing that. Surprised that you meant that there is no export prospects for JF17 and that is why you said that about the tag, as a challenge!!

Anyway, even if that was the case, you point is noted that this STILL is not acceptable for you. I though you were asking about confirmed new and not actual planes flying with some foreign customer (as that will take more time after the order is confirmed). Will tag you then when THAT happens.

Regards!

Back
Top Bottom