What's new

My write up/experiences of the world's biggest military show the Royal International Air Tatto 2015

you did not get the hint it was the uk they were showing the jet of to.

i don't like the f35 at all and the f35 b is the worst of the 3 they should have got the f35c at it carries more weapons and has a greater range. but the aircraft carriers don't have a launch system and arrestor cables. or do what the french did with a navalised rafale and get a naval eft. now that would be good not going to happen though.

Ah right got you. I agree, the F35C is by far the better option. Everyone's eyes will be pinned on RIAT 2016, and whether our future frontline aircraft makes its debut. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Ah right got you. I agree, the F35C is by far the better option. Everyone's eyes will be pinned on RIAT 2016, and whether our future frontline aircraft makes its debut. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
cant hold my breath that long anyway. i hate the f35 and the air raft carriers . the only thing i like about the navy is the type 45 destroyers and the astute class submarine (possibly the vanguard class sub as well)

cant hold my breath that long anyway. i hate the f35 and the air raft carriers . the only thing i like about the navy is the type 45 destroyers and the astute class submarine (possibly the vanguard class sub as well)

Lol. The navy sure does has some great assets. It's just sad with all the cost cutting going on what the services are being reduced to.

Lol. The navy sure does has some great assets. It's just sad with all the cost cutting going on what the services are being reduced to.
well now our new budget will be up to the nato 2% level so i would assume we are getting some new toys. lets just hope it's not on f35's. that you don't need to hold your breath for

well now our new budget will be up to the nato 2% level so i would assume we are getting some new toys. lets just hope it's not on f35's. that you don't need to hold your breath for

Osborne said that the 2% spending will kept during the latest budget.

here are some nice pics
the vulcan and the red arrows
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 20.35.08.png

a Czech mil 24 in a special livery

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 20.36.03.png

a polish mig 22
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 20.36.15.png

Osborne said that the 2% spending will kept during the latest budget.
during the last budget the spending was below 2%. now it's gone up.

Refresh your browser mate, other posters are saying they can seem.

The Japanese. @Nihonjin1051 @yoshi.oda

Now of the one of the biggest stars of the show, making its international debut the Japanese Kawasaki P1, an entirely Japanese made maritime surveillance Aircraft that is set to replace Japan’s P-3C Orions.

Firstly this Aircraft is incredible, it is both cosmetically pleasing, and I’m telling you the P1 literally shown on in the sun. The Japanese had made a tremendous effort in making it presentable and this was no small feat, considering it is a large aircraft, slightly smaller than its Boeing Poseidon counterpart. For tech information there is plenty on the P1 e.g. it operates with a Toshiba AESA radar and so forth.

Walking up to the aircraft, her Japanese crews from the Japan Maritime Self-defense force (11 crew) were all on hand to greet visitors. I walked up and said hello and the several of the crew smiled and bowed, as did I. I began to talk to the crew and told them how honored we were for the plane to have come to RIAT 2015 and this was one of the highlights we were looking forward to. They told us how happy they were here and how people treated them as longtime friends, as opposed to new guests who have come to the tattoo. They were handing out information sheets on the P1, which I thought was a nice touch.

As mentioned before the crew was inundated with fellow Japanese and visitors from other countries. The Japanese, who had mostly come from London, with a few from Japan itself had bought along their families, and the children were being held by the crew members which showed that soft human side, which is rare to see when people are on duty. The Japanese crowd was very enthusiastic and very proud of their new plane and crew. They then did something very praiseworthy; they spoke to the Japanese crowd in Japanese. I asked one of the Japanese students who was from London what they said, he told me that they had asked the Japanese folks to make way for their international visitors, as they were people they may only see once in their lifetimes whilst he Japanese were their brothers and sisters and will always be with them. The international guests loved this and thanked them. The Japanese also made a point of visiting every other Air force and were great ambassadors.

Here is a shot of them taking photos with the Jordanians.

059fbnI.jpg

I talked to most of the crew apart from the captain who was busy with official interviews from the world’s media.

Here are the photos.

GWefY0E.jpg

8d9z4Fh.jpg

eQLshgT.jpg

Japanese guys explaining things with a smile.

DL9vN1Y.jpg

Japanese pilots with smiles on their faces as always!

Nr3eI1b.jpg

The media talks to the JMSDF!

tdvTwTl.jpg

Very very awesome

Back
Top Bottom