What's new

My take on the recent escalation in Kashmir and the Long-march. Thougts?

So basically gotti, you want to get rid of China as an ally and have America as your sole ally instead?

OK. In my opinion that is unfortunate but not much can be done if that happens.

Now I wonder what the Pakistani/Indian opinion is, if the OP's dreams come true and Pakistan becomes America's "Israel in South Asia" (in the words of the OP).

If the parts underlined are the reasons put forth for Pak to prefer US over China - presence of Mosques , use of Churches when Mosques are NA, Jinnah gave a speech, Kayani attended courses in USA....and so on.

I concur with my post No 6 & 25.

It is one of the examples of how cultural and religious ties make a difference in building bridges between two cultures and making bonds, stronger. This is how Pakistanis became closer to Saudis and Turks and not Indians, despite sharing the same language, culture, physical features and heritage.

These things do play a role but your own attempts at trying to become relevant have all gone in vain and the choice of other's words do not necessarily suffice in indicating you somehow are worthy of any opinions yourself (you don't have any as you're only referring to the opinions of others and saying that you "concur").

Since you have indicated an inability of being able to formulate any opinions yourself except for sweeping statements and outright rejections without any point by point response, what you said or will say isn't likely to gain any credence only because you are claiming to be in agreement with someone else.

I don't necessarily have an issue with the "Asian Tiger" phase of Pakistan and the time in a country that bore a city like Karachi, which was instrumental in influencing Seoul, South Korea.
Asian tiger phase ? , a tad bit misleading dont you think ? First there was the pet dog phase, now its just the screaming rat phase.

Second law of thermodynamics implies that the entropy of an isolated system always tends to increase.

Its not getting better anytime soon.

So basically gotti, you want to get rid of China as an ally and have America as your sole ally instead?

Now I wonder what the Pakistani/Indian opinion is, of Pakistan becoming America's "Israel in South Asia" (in the words of the OP).

This border beats the Sino-Japanese or Korean DMZ huh ?

Lol you guys can barely hold your country together and you are still dreaming of breaking India !!!!! Obsession much ? Seems like you are more obsessed with hurting India than improving Pakistan. You have been at it since 1947 and it has only led your country into the ditch, its time you knock some sense into yourself and focus on your own country rather than hurting a country which is 10 times your size as that frankly will never work for you.

Now I wonder what the Pakistani/Indian opinion is, of Pakistan becoming America's "Israel in South Asia" (in the words of the OP).

I don't think China should be "rid" as I've made clear in the piece that China would be unhinged if any steps against Russia are to be taken as a rising Russia with a zealot like Putin is a threat to China and it's interests abroad (the Golden Triangle countries and specifically Cambodia).

There are also internal issues within the SCO and given Putin's mentality, he will only side with China to counter America as Russians are of the opinion that the only two countries that can balance America's influence, conventionally, are Russia and America.

Such an ambitious person is likely to not be worthy of any love to the Chinese politburo when it comes to them making foreign policy choices. However, if you re-evaluate history, you will know that Ayub Khan's era was very Americanized (as per the claim the gentleman obsessed with pop-culture made) and no issue ever took place with China. On the contrary, we were a conduit for China to the Western world.

Therefore, I don't see "replacement" to mean aggression or hostility but, instead, I think of it is re-prioritizing ourselves back to how we were, before, for a short time-span.

China had never been so close to Pakistan in the past as it is now and it was only done because the establishment decided to explore other options after Americans, blatantly sided with Indians.

I don't think China should be "rid" as I've made clear in the piece that China would be unhinged if any steps against Russia are to be taken as a rising Russia with a zealot like Putin is a threat to China and it's interests abroad (the Golden Triangle countries and specifically Cambodia).

There are also internal issues within the SCO and given Putin's mentality, he will only side with China to counter America as Russians are of the opinion that the only two countries that can balance America's influence, conventionally, are Russia and America.

Such an ambitious person is likely to not be worthy of any love to the Chinese politburo when it comes to them making foreign policy choices. However, if you re-evaluate history, you will know that Ayub Khan's era was very Americanized (as per the claim the gentleman obsessed with pop-culture made) and no issue ever took place with China. On the contrary, we were a conduit for China to the Western world.

Therefore, I don't see "replacement" to mean aggression or hostility but, instead, I think of it is a re-prioritizing ourselves as we were, before, for a short time-span. China had never been so close to Pakistan in the past as it is now and it was only done because the establishment decided to explore other options after Americans, blatantly sided with Indians.

"Replaced" doesn't mean aggression, no. It is a pretty big deal though.

Asian tiger phase ? , a tad bit misleading dont you think ? First there was the pet dog phase, now its just the screaming rat phase.

Second law of thermodynamics implies that the entropy of an isolated system always tends to increase.

Its not getting better anytime soon.

The phrase is well-documented and often used.

A charlatan from the courts of Uddhav Thackeray is not in any position to dispute any such claims.

Lol you guys can barely hold your country together and you are still dreaming of breaking India !!!!! Obsession much ? Seems like you are more obsessed with hurting India than improving Pakistan. You have been at it since 1947 and it has only led your country into the ditch, its time you knock some sense into yourself and focus on your own country rather than hurting a country which is 10 times your size as that frankly will never work for you.

Ever heard of USSR or Yugoslavia?

Op is devoid of sanity.

Those 5 words definitely show that you are in a superior position to everyone else, including myself.

Seems to me that we are dealing with a man or rather, a sage of a few words, who chooses to dismiss worldly and meaningless things, immediately, unconditionally and nonchalantly.

Thanks, oh great one, for blessing us with your opinion, and virtual presence.

This border beats the Sino-Japanese or Korean DMZ huh ?

Little do many of us innocent Pakistanis or Indians (or Americans, given that India doesn't allow dual nationality) know, the cross-border relationship between the two armies is very cordial and quite a few nights are spent by mid to high-ranking officers, getting drunk and partying in what can be described as a revival of the festive nights that must have existed in pre-1947 Punjab.

Little do many of us innocent Pakistanis or Indians (or Americans, given that India doesn't allow dual nationality) know, the cross-border relationship between the two armies is very cordial and quite a few nights are spent by mid to high-ranking officers, getting drunk and partying in what can be described as a revival of the festive nights that must have existed in pre-1947 Punjab.

Firing will be going on in full fury in poonch sector while diwali sweets would be exchanged in Uri sector. Is that what you are trying to say ? :)

Now I wonder what the Pakistani/Indian opinion is, if the OP's dreams come true and Pakistan becomes America's "Israel in South Asia" (in the words of the OP).

I wonder how that would affect Sino-Indian relations.

Anyway, this thread is based on the wishful opinions of one person. No one else seem to think that way. Pakistan today is more anti-America than India ever was. Their military ally of six decades is bombing their territory and killing their children and still there are a select few who see USA as some sort of messiah. Ironic indeed. CIA/Blackwater kills people in braod daylight and walks away home unharmed. Is this what being in important ally of America means? Is this what it takes to be "Israel of South-Central Asia"??

As for breaking up of India, all separatist movements, maybe except Kashmir, has lost steam and are on the table to discuss either statehood or autonomous councils within the Union of India. The Maoist issue is not separatist at all, something the OP seem to have forgotten. They plan to create a communist India and not break India up.

"Replaced" doesn't mean aggression, no. It is a pretty big deal though.

If any time was the right time, it is now, as India's blatant betrayal has rung some bells in the corridors of power across the globe.

There are articles, and articles being written on the subject and what we saw in the rape protests is the classic example of the Arab Spring and ex-Soviet republic "color" revolutions.

These protests in Delhi served to move Putin, indoors and they are continuing in the same strain as they were on day one, hyped by Twitter and other similar tools introduced into the recent Egyptian and Tunisian revolutions (parallels have been drawn, as well).

So, although, it seems "huge", I would disagree, as it would be in China's interest to continue to divert American attention and focus on building it's economy, which is what it has claimed to have been focusing on (and is the right way to go if it wants to achieve step-one, and that is, implement the one-China policy).

The pressure on the South China sea could be sustained by China, now that Indian borders are safe and Russian intrusion would be avoided or ignored.

I don't know if you agree but what we are seeing in front of our very own eyes, as some Americans put it, is the revival of the Czar in the person of Putin.

From my meager knowledge, it seems as though, there was a meeting between A.K. Antony and the PLA big-shots in a very flash-like visit right after Indians rejected Western bids to Indian defense contracts.

If the OP's wish of "America+Pakistan" vs. "China+Russia+Central Asia+Iran+India" come true then it would probably improve Sino-Indian relations.

But realistically it is highly variable, and it could go either way depending on numerous other factors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom