What's new

My mother passed away today, the last of my family.

I'm being left alone at 30.

Covid complications coinciding with cancer treatment left her no chances.

My father died in 2017, at 56. Rigorous of doing business, and running the company took their toll. The last grandparent in 2019.

The closest people to me helped me to trace my relatives. We found that except for a grandfather on my mother's side, nobody ever had siblings, and their descendants have since immigrated to places most unfathomable, including South Asia, some even reached South America.

Parents always took pride in moving to the West as if it was an achievement of a lifetime.

It's terrible to imagine that only persons invited to funeral now are completely unrelated.

O People, Take care of your families.
Brother
I can imagine how you are feeling...Loosing all those who loved you. I moved back to my home country in search of my relatives too but have not yet found any one. My mother died 4 years back and have been alone since.

My advise is there is strength in living alone because you find your own sole as the best companion.

Deeply saddened to hear the sudden demise of your dear mother, may her soul rest in peace. Our thoughts are with you brother, stay strong.

My father died in 2017, at 56. Rigorous of doing business, and running the company took their toll. The last grandparent in 2019.

The closest people to me helped me to trace my relatives. We found that except for a grandfather on my mother's side, nobody ever had siblings, and their descendants have since immigrated to places most unfathomable, including South Asia, some even reached South America.

Parents always took pride in moving to the West as if it was an achievement of a lifetime.

It's terrible to imagine that only persons invited to funeral now are completely unrelated.

Sorry for your loss bro. You can never replace your parents or thier love. I hope one day you have children of your own so you can show them the same love.

You're probably not a religious man but in our faith we believe there are three things you leave in this world which serve you after death. These are...

1. Charity you gave.
2. Education you spread.
3. The children you leave behind.

You are your parents legacy - that link will never be lost. Live your best life, do good, treat the world around you and the people within it well, be the man they raised you to be. It will be the best way to honour them.

Sorry bro', may Allah bless and keep her.

Do not sink into depression, come out fighting. Get married asap and have children, they are your family.

Don't let your parents line die out.

My condolences mate

Really saddened to hear your story brother, you are now your families last jewel. You have to believe that they are watching and wishing the best for you. Build a good life, get married, have children - if not for yourself but for the effort you owe your parents.

These days will pass and one day you will be old too, so don't dwell on sadness.

RIP.
I don't want to be a dick but if you look at Pakistan in this way our closely knit social structure is a blessing we don't have that much loneliness even in elders and grandparents. And this helps in combatting depression and loneliness.

Sorry to hear about your loss.😢

Back
Top Bottom