What's new

My mother passed away today, the last of my family.

Viper has said wisely. May your parents rest in peace and May you have strength to withstand your losses. Steadfast, do good work (charity, helping elderly, etc) for your parent and work towards your own family.
Death is a reality so brace yourself for this difficult time, and lastly sooner everyone will meet his end.
I'm thinking donating the most of her personal possessions to covid, and poverty relief, since I don't have any female relatives anyways.

I can sympathize with you and offer you my condolences and some advise. You are 30 and young, you can do anything in the world. It's hard to see the loved one's go but you have to stand tall and strong. Lastly, without going into too many details, there may be people in much worst condition than you are. I know some people who've lost all the family (deaths), their children in divorce and the money too. And they are struggling and surviving. You need to focus on you and be strong.
I am thinking where to go on forward from here.

I will be inheriting an estate in a country where I can't legally live in, and a portfolio I cannot legally sell.

Yes, it's an open road for me from here. East, West, or maybe something in the middle. The people around me, especially from the subcontinent tell me I am crazy if I really think putting money there, and trying their hardest to dissuade me.

Anyways, I made a decision for myself of not touching the inheritance for year, and let my mind settle.

My condolences

I guess you are living overseas, please be sure to take good care of yourself
I lived in and out of Shenzhen for the last 5 years before all that covid nonsense started. Before that some time in UK, a bit in Dubai, Sing and Canada.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. It is true that we keep those who are closest to us for granted until they are no longer with us.

I lived in and out of Shenzhen for the last 5 years before all that covid nonsense started. Before that some time in UK, a bit in Dubai, Sing and Canada.

My mother passed away recently relatively young, suddenly and violently in an accident. Perhaps I would have preferred cancer and a slow decline over many years. Perhaps not, all i know is that I didn't get to say goodbye, I didn't get to see her one last time. Most of all I didn't get to thank her for all that she was and all that she did to make me the person I am.

I am sorry for your loss, Take the time to grieve and take the time to forgive yourself the many regrets you hold.

Allah does not burden a soul more than it can handle, maybe Allah is burdening you with all these hardship but he has something greater for you, never lose hope and always remember one day you and your entire family will be reunited.

May her soul rest in peace, may you and your family have the strength to share the burden of this great loss to your family

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

May Allah Bless her in the best of His Rehmats and help the family recover from this grief. Aamin.

It is a sad news brother. Accept our condolences.

Back
Top Bottom