What's new

My mother passed away today, the last of my family.

I'm being left alone at 30.

Covid complications coinciding with cancer treatment left her no chances.

My father died in 2017, at 56. Rigorous of doing business, and running the company took their toll. The last grandparent in 2019.

The closest people to me helped me to trace my relatives. We found that except for a grandfather on my mother's side, nobody ever had siblings, and their descendants have since immigrated to places most unfathomable, including South Asia, some even reached South America.

Parents always took pride in moving to the West as if it was an achievement of a lifetime.

It's terrible to imagine that only persons invited to funeral now are completely unrelated.

O People, Take care of your families.
My condolences !

You aren’t alone, We are here.

Sometimes being lonely is a blessing.

You are mourning but my advice is to get married, have lots of children, You will get quite occupied soon

My father died in 2017, at 56. Rigorous of doing business, and running the company took their toll. The last grandparent in 2019.

The closest people to me helped me to trace my relatives. We found that except for a grandfather on my mother's side, nobody ever had siblings, and their descendants have since immigrated to places most unfathomable, including South Asia, some even reached South America.

Parents always took pride in moving to the West as if it was an achievement of a lifetime.

It's terrible to imagine that only persons invited to funeral now are completely unrelated.

RIP
1628586073206.jpeg
1628586073206.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. Hope you find peace and happiness and love soon

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Loss of Mother is no doubt very hard to overcome but time eventually heals the heart …

My deepest condolences, may All your current and future life struggles goes away with blessing of Allah SWT and you become a symbol of strength to others as well.

I am thinking where to go on forward from here.

I will be inheriting an estate in a country where I can't legally live in, and a portfolio I cannot legally sell.

Yes, it's an open road for me from here. East, West, or maybe something in the middle. The people around me, especially from the subcontinent tell me I am crazy if I really think putting money there, and trying their hardest to dissuade me.

Anyways, I made a decision for myself of not touching the inheritance for year, and let my mind settle.

First recover mentally / emotionally. Then start to look into inheritance and everything else. Trust me, money comes and goes. I've seen it do that very, very fast. But only a sound mind would make sound decisions.

Sorry for your loss.....keep strong...

Losing ones parents is the most difficult wound to heal. Stay Strong brother

May Allah grant both your parents a high place in jannah

@Paul2
How are you doing man. Hope you are all fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom