What's new

My hometown Parachinar was attacked and I'm heartbroken by your silence

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There was no Eid or chaand raat for us in Parachinar this year. Across the country, as people were getting ready for a happy Eid, so many of us here were buying shrouds to bury our loved ones, candles and incense to place on their graves.

As I was penning my sentiments, I could see on TV the scenes of jubilation as the Shawwal moon was sighted. My cellphone was ringing with messages of Eid Mubarak.

I felt disappointed, frustrated and hurt. My heart burnt in anguish thinking of the lives lost, children made orphans and wives made widows after the merciless attack in my hometown that killed more than 70 and injured hundreds more.

I feel like a stranger in my own country. The apathy of my fellow Pakistanis and the media hurts me more than the actual bombings. It is incomprehensible as to why a day of mourning was not declared in the country and why the national flag was not flown at half-mast.

The silence and negligence of our leaders in face of our tragedy is of criminal proportions.

I want to know as to why I am being treated as practically a non-citizen of this country. Where is the hue and cry in the media over the mass killing of people of my area?

I want to know why has there been no high-level meeting to urgently discuss what happened in Parachinar. Why didn’t any politician, high official or anyone of note attend the funerals?

TV channels across the board were broadcasting Eid-related shows; how many minutes were dedicated to the families who had gathered outside the offices of the Political Agent demanding justice, attention and words of sympathy?

I feel dejected and even though I would like to think that I am wrong, I cannot help but wonder if we are being ignored simply due to our sect, our ethnicity and the area to which we belong.

People had to transport dead bodies and the injured in handcarts because we don’t have enough ambulances. Many of the injured would have been saved had we had adequate emergency facilities.

The indifference of the federal government is there for all to see; the state of neglect only becomes more apparent when incidents like these take place. Even small towns like Sahiwal and Gujranwala have the basic amenities that Parachinar desperately lacks.

Why did the prime minister not cut short his holiday in London and come straight here after the mayhem?

Homes that were full of life and light not long ago have turned into places of mourning. I met a distraught sister: “My beloved brother, I had just stitched new clothes so that you look like a groom on Eid.” I saw an inconsolable mother at the grave of her 12 year-old child: “O my son, sleep well, your mother will remember your wounds till the last breath of her life.”

Heartbroken at what was happening around me, I went to see my mother. She was down on her knees, head bowed, thinking about her brother whose body was blown to a million pieces in a similar attack previously. My mother’s brother is now joined by her cousin Kamil Hussain who lost his life last week. Kamil was killed in the second explosion; he had rushed to the site to help after the first blast went off.

“My God! Where should I go?” asked my wife. Her father was shot to death on his way home from an Imam Bargah a few years ago. “All I see around me is either the mutilated bodies of the victims, or Pakistanis celebrating Eid in the rest of the country.”

The prime minister visited Bahawalpur and announced compensation for the fire victims there, but we are hurt that he has so far ignored Parachinar. A visit here would have sent a strong message to terrorists; silence is not the way to fight terrorism.

As the rest of the country ignores us, we are trying our best to help ourselves and survive on our own. Maybe our wounds will heal and tears will dry out, but the silence and the indifference to our ordeal will never be forgotten.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1341931/m...s-attacked-and-im-heartbroken-by-your-silence

Army Chief has been Visiting there and his Helicopter has to turned because of bad Fog if i remember correctly but he will soon be Visiting the Victims ..some people are so eager to use this opportunity to create clashes between Tribes and Sectarians .. maybe Iran has to do with it but its a guess

Your hometown is hub of Irani sectarian recruitment. As far as terrorism is concerned, it can be further reduced by closing border but I'm sure traders from Parachinar will not want that. It's next to impossible to provide 100% security from random bomb blasts.

Ap Kia sab ko jannat ka ticket de de Iran ke kehne pe Bhai ku Iran ki waja seeShia Sunni fight chate ho aur apne logo pe shak krte ho

Your hometown is hub of Irani sectarian recruitment. As far as terrorism is concerned, it can be further reduced by closing border but I'm sure traders from Parachinar will not want that. It's next to impossible to provide 100% security from random bomb blasts.

Three major terrorist attacks in six months killing dozens are not random bomb blasts, especially in heavily FC patrolled areas.

Three major terrorist attacks in six months killing dozens are not random bomb blasts, especially in heavily FC patrolled areas.

Unless you believe FC allow bomb vehicles to pass on purpose? I don't think so. On short term only solution is closing border or checking every car/truck which take lots of time.

If you just go couple of years back then major attacks in middle of Peshawar were happening almost on daily basis, in best case scenario at least once a week. Parachinar situation is still better.

Simply a failure, showed ack and sack all the ones responsible.

s
There was no Eid or chaand raat for us in Parachinar this year. Across the country, as people were getting ready for a happy Eid, so many of us here were buying shrouds to bury our loved ones, candles and incense to place on their graves.

As I was penning my sentiments, I could see on TV the scenes of jubilation as the Shawwal moon was sighted. My cellphone was ringing with messages of Eid Mubarak.

I felt disappointed, frustrated and hurt. My heart burnt in anguish thinking of the lives lost, children made orphans and wives made widows after the merciless attack in my hometown that killed more than 70 and injured hundreds more.

I feel like a stranger in my own country. The apathy of my fellow Pakistanis and the media hurts me more than the actual bombings. It is incomprehensible as to why a day of mourning was not declared in the country and why the national flag was not flown at half-mast.

The silence and negligence of our leaders in face of our tragedy is of criminal proportions.

I want to know as to why I am being treated as practically a non-citizen of this country. Where is the hue and cry in the media over the mass killing of people of my area?

I want to know why has there been no high-level meeting to urgently discuss what happened in Parachinar. Why didn’t any politician, high official or anyone of note attend the funerals?

TV channels across the board were broadcasting Eid-related shows; how many minutes were dedicated to the families who had gathered outside the offices of the Political Agent demanding justice, attention and words of sympathy?

I feel dejected and even though I would like to think that I am wrong, I cannot help but wonder if we are being ignored simply due to our sect, our ethnicity and the area to which we belong.

People had to transport dead bodies and the injured in handcarts because we don’t have enough ambulances. Many of the injured would have been saved had we had adequate emergency facilities.

The indifference of the federal government is there for all to see; the state of neglect only becomes more apparent when incidents like these take place. Even small towns like Sahiwal and Gujranwala have the basic amenities that Parachinar desperately lacks.

Why did the prime minister not cut short his holiday in London and come straight here after the mayhem?

Homes that were full of life and light not long ago have turned into places of mourning. I met a distraught sister: “My beloved brother, I had just stitched new clothes so that you look like a groom on Eid.” I saw an inconsolable mother at the grave of her 12 year-old child: “O my son, sleep well, your mother will remember your wounds till the last breath of her life.”

Heartbroken at what was happening around me, I went to see my mother. She was down on her knees, head bowed, thinking about her brother whose body was blown to a million pieces in a similar attack previously. My mother’s brother is now joined by her cousin Kamil Hussain who lost his life last week. Kamil was killed in the second explosion; he had rushed to the site to help after the first blast went off.

“My God! Where should I go?” asked my wife. Her father was shot to death on his way home from an Imam Bargah a few years ago. “All I see around me is either the mutilated bodies of the victims, or Pakistanis celebrating Eid in the rest of the country.”

The prime minister visited Bahawalpur and announced compensation for the fire victims there, but we are hurt that he has so far ignored Parachinar. A visit here would have sent a strong message to terrorists; silence is not the way to fight terrorism.

As the rest of the country ignores us, we are trying our best to help ourselves and survive on our own. Maybe our wounds will heal and tears will dry out, but the silence and the indifference to our ordeal will never be forgotten.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1341931/m...s-attacked-and-im-heartbroken-by-your-silence
TV channels are corporate entities so the seths are there to earn trillions. TV screens do not differentiate between intensity of pain be it that of a Sunni or Shia or a Muslim or a non Muslim simple as that hence Channels will go on broadcasting their normal tele run composed of shows and songs and dramas and movies. So it is not about singling out any sect but about Money.

As far as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif not visiting Parachinar well he also did not visit many other areas of KPK when massive bombs killed hundreds of Pakistanis died irrespective of sects. His visit to Punjab area has vote bank factor after all Punjab is their power bank.

BUT yes I agree his visit to Parachinar would have sent a strong message to terrorists. I wish if PM has some brain left to use

And be sure we do not ignore you our brothers in Parachinar. We are pained to an extent at least in KPK that many of us including my family, have not celebrated Eid. We prayed for the departed souls.

Someone on social media was falsely propagating that protests for Parachinar victims has been blacked out and this blatant lie and conspiracy has pained me more because this is not the case. We here in Peshawar at Peshawar Press club road organized a protest for Parachinar victims and also the images and news of sit in were also duly spread and broadcast.

Unless you believe FC allow bomb vehicles to pass on purpose? I don't think so. On short term only solution is closing border or checking every car/truck which take lots of time.

There are bad apples everywhere, in the FC as well. I have no doubt some FC personnel were complicit, and a thorough and impartial investigation must be conducted to bring the perpetrators to justice. This attack could not have taken place without the complicity of certain FC personnel.

I'm looking at Parachinar bomb blasts.

2013 1 attack killing 62
2014 0 attack
2015 1 bomb killing 25
2016 0 bomb
2017 3 attacks killing 100+

Terrorists are clearly targeting more Parachinar now then they did even when rest of Pakistan was burning by daily bomb blasts. What changed? Terrorists adopted ISIS ideology who are anti-Shia and since Parachinar are used by Irani to recuits shias, ISIS just cross border and blow up car full of explosives.

i am silent bcoz your people chose to become Iranian mercineries. Fatimiyoon.. Right..

There are bad apples everywhere, in the FC as well. I have no doubt some FC personnel were complicit, and a thorough and impartial investigation must be conducted to bring the perpetrators to justice. This attack could not have taken place without the complicity of certain FC personnel.

I will not be quick to put blame on FC. Thousands of them sacrificed to keep border areas like Parachinar safer. Even now they are not experiencing terrorism anywhere near what was going on in Peshawar.

They blame/army for attacks which is stupidity, no army in the world can guarantee 100% security anywhere in the world. West have failed who spend 10 times more on security.

With increased Iranian actvty. These outsider will cash and use tragic incident to further propagate their evil dark agenda.

Back
Top Bottom