What's new

My definition of secularism is simple, India first, Narendra Modi tells ove

I dont think ppl like dynasty politics. I think its a sham and its forced on the ppl due to lack of control in politics by the people. The media and politicans will spin it so, but it does not serve in the best interest of India nor her citizens. RG is not the only dynasty polticians in India either. There are other examples in other seats of power, but RG is certainly in the highest and mos t powerful post as PM. I think our democracy needs a RESET. We have modelled it based on the British system but that is a flawed concept. We need to improve it considerably for our India and her population.

Dude- look at AP and UP- are you blind? Jagan Reddy was thrown out of the congress and look at the reaction- he built a base for himself only on the basis of his deceased father. Akhilesh yadav's rise is entirely on account of his father. Even the BJP, that you guys show as becaon of non dynastic politics jumped to get Varun Gandhi and his mom just because they were gandhis. in TN- both Azhagiri and Stalin owe their rise to their father.
RG is an asshole and an idiot, but he clearly doesn't have the cynical politics of, say. Akhilesh yadav who in his first term not only courted but also gave the Jail ministry to him. oh I absolve him of that all right. we make fun of him because he says all sorts of nice and politcally correct things, like some kid disassociated with the reality of India (which he probably is) but technically speaking we really need politicians who at least have good intentions though they may not b able to achieve it. In any case, all discussions around RG is superfluous because he is not going to become PM and I'm ok with Congress PM candidate (Chidambaram)
A

Funny you said that because you don't see targeting of vote bank by Congress.

Congress do this by saying we have done this and that for minorities, which clearly mentions only and only about Muslims.

When they target farmers in previous elections and turns out AP farmers are selling their organs while money is given to undeserving ones.

Funny you say that because you find he targeted Hindu supremacists, because no where he said anything about Hindus or Muslims, just Indians.

Funny you say that because he asks for National Interest and following Secularism which means no special tretment religion wise but special treatment to the needy ones.

A person in India Today Conclave said, I don't know what people say about Modi whether he has done this and that but when I see Gujarat canals and electricity to 18,000 villages, I don't see whether a Hindu or a Muslim drinks that water or a house of a Hindu or Muslim is lighten up for 24 hours.

Hunger, poverty, illiteracy, don't differentiate with religion, I wonder why Govt. differentiate on basis of religion ?

So stop finding hidden meaning everywhere in case of Modi and ignoring direct differentiation by Congress on basis of religion.

For once, tell me where is the justice for Sikhs ? Where is the Secularism respected by Congress ?

To hell with your majority, minority on basis of religion, I want it to be on basis of economic distribution. Similar to reservation not on basis of caste but economic distribution.

If the BJP stuck to your line, who would have a problem? they are the ones who want Majority to be engineered a certain way- why don't you ask them instead?

All Modi haters should first ask where is the Human rights and Justice for victims of 50 riots in UP after 2002, Assam Riots, West Bengal Riots, and most importantly, of Sikh Genocide.

And don't give me two wrongs doesn't makes it right. Selective Amnesia much ?

Where is your moral compass and self righteousness when a Muslim DSP is shot dead at point blank range, when your soldiers are beheaded and you give security to PM of that same nation, making fun of our soldiers' sacrifice.

When your PM says we have done this and that for minorities, based on religion, a Dalit asks what is my fault that I belong to majority but I am oppressed and live much poor life without an NGO fighting my human rights whereas minorities on religious ground enjoy special treatment.

Does religion makes a person special ? Why this distinction based on religion ? Poverty doesn't care about religion, caste etc.

So what's wrong with Nationalism is Secularism. Doesn't it mean that no matter what religion you belong to, it doesn't matter when state makes policies for people of India, and put nation above everything ?
You managed to lump together a lot of issues in one post. So if anyone says against one thing you say, you have the convenience of exploding the cocktail.

I will give you the two wrongs won't make it right. Just because you made a mention of it, why shouldn't anyone else point out the giant hole in your argument? The only other scenario that had government encouragement and even involvement is Sikh riots.
The Congress now owns up the incident. They did not do it(the owning up thing) voluntarily. Now it is Modi's turn to own up. Instead he does not even explain what happened around him.

And Pakistan's PM has to get good treatment. It is in India's interest to let more and more trips of Pak's dignitaries into India without conceding a single word from the status quo.

There is a reason why even Indian government does not want to ramp up the soldier's beheading too much. We have skeletons in our closet. That does not mean we should let go off our soldier's case without justice. But we have limitations.

You managed to lump together a lot of issues in one post. So if anyone says against one thing you say, you have the convenience of exploding the cocktail.

I will give you the two wrongs won't make it right. Just because you made a mention of it, why shouldn't anyone else point out the giant hole in your argument? The only other scenario that had government encouragement and even involvement is Sikh riots.
The Congress now owns up the incident. They did not do it voluntarily. Now it is Modi's turn to own up. Instead he does not even explain what happened around him.

And Pakistan's PM has to get good treatment. It is in India's interest to let more and more trips of Pak's dignitaries into India without conceding a single word from the status quo.

There is a reason why even Indian government does not want to ramp up the soldier's beheading too much. We have skeletons in our closet. That does not mean we should let go off our soldier's case without justice. But we have limitations.

Agreed. Congress is WRONG in shielding JT and co from not being accountable for the Sikh riots. They should be both prosecuted and hanged. But that doesn't become a jestification for what happened during the Gujarat riots. You can't say- we can accept Guj riots because congress has also rioted. That's STUPID.

Funny you said that because you don't see targeting of vote bank by Congress.

Congress do this by saying we have done this and that for minorities, which clearly mentions only and only about Muslims.

When they target farmers in previous elections and turns out AP farmers are selling their organs while money is given to undeserving ones.

Funny you say that because you find he targeted Hindu supremacists, because no where he said anything about Hindus or Muslims, just Indians.

Funny you say that because he asks for National Interest and following Secularism which means no special tretment religion wise but special treatment to the needy ones.

A person in India Today Conclave said, I don't know what people say about Modi whether he has done this and that but when I see Gujarat canals and electricity to 18,000 villages, I don't see whether a Hindu or a Muslim drinks that water or a house of a Hindu or Muslim is lighten up for 24 hours.

Hunger, poverty, illiteracy, don't differentiate with religion, I wonder why Govt. differentiate on basis of religion ?

So stop finding hidden meaning everywhere in case of Modi and ignoring direct differentiation by Congress on basis of religion.

For once, tell me where is the justice for Sikhs ? Where is the Secularism respected by Congress ?

To hell with your majority, minority on basis of religion, I want it to be on basis of economic distribution. Similar to reservation not on basis of caste but economic distribution.

Wow!! You almost blind-sided me with an entirely unexpected, but well - rehearsed, taunt about how Congress is the worst thing to happen to this country.

For starters, if my memory serves me right, I don't remember expressing any sympathy, on PDF, for the Gandhi clan.

Adding context or "hidden meanings" is more often a function performed by the audience. It's not a question of You or I finding the meaning - its how the majority AND minority see it. An attempt to equate "India" with the majority community has been made and consequently, the minority is likely to feel overlooked.

Next, before contesting claims about Modi possibly replicating throughout India what he has done in Gujarat - a pre-requisite in the form of rock-solid electoral numbers would have to be satisfied. I just don't see how BJP could rake in the kind of numbers required to storm into Delhi as the unquestioned leader.

Cheers.

To all Modi fans - pls don't create a personality cult, that way you will lose what you claim to admire in modi and is in bad taste.

To all Modi bashers - pls convict modi and hang him, but if you can't stop character assassination, thats in very bad taste too.

@CZAR Congress never owned up for Sikh riots. Not by any Gandhi family member. They made a Sikh PM, MMS to say sorry. Its mockery of Sikhs.

And why should Mod own up for Godhara riots, he didn't send Muslims to burn 58 Hindus and if you don't know riots dynamics and Mob Behavior, then you should read more about Criminal Psychology.

To all Modi fans - pls don't create a personality cult, that way you will lose what you claim to admire in modi and is in bad taste.To all Modi bashers - pls convict modi and hang him, but if you can't stop character assassination, thats in very bad taste too.
I don't like Modi for his personality, but his politics of development and nationalism. I don't care if he wins or loose, I want other parties to change their politics style as they can defeat Modi by development policies.

I support change in how politics is done and nation is managed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are quoting what VHP, those guys who actually sided with GPP and even Congress in the Gujarat elections to defeat modi, to prove a point about Modi ? ;) low blow bro, low blow.
Read my earlier post. I said the sad thing would be that Hindutva champions will count Modi's points as theirs. I proved my point with a quote. How exactly is that a low blow?

This is what Modi said after the elections

After a landslide on December 20, chief minister Narendra Modi had proclaimed how voters have risen above caste politics and embraced the development agenda.

Secularism has no official definition in Indian constitution. So his definition is as good as any one else.

And the full content of his quote was "I consider nation first..everyone should consider nation first and not their idealogies". Nation is above any idealogy..does not look communal to me..So what is not communal is only secular..
Strawman argument. I never said what Modi said regarding 'nation first' was communal.

His actions to stop the riots are well documented. Actions speak louder than words. That has always been his mo and thats the way people like it.
Wow. You are the one who insists we take people's words at face value(which I totally agree with). So now you want the man to not even bother to say anything!! Yet, we are talking about politics where he is asking to be elected PM with words.
The events which happened are also louder than anything which you are saying. Where are the well documented actions, pray tell?

All Modi has to say is that he had tried his best, in good faith, to prevent the riots. The matter will end there. But no, he would not even express regret until last year.
What is conflicting in that ? Congress is undoubtedly one of the most communal party in India..certainly more than the BJP..about 900 documented riots have taken place in India under Congress watch and more people have died in that. . Much much much much larger than under BJP. Infact Congress has actively started many riots while the complaint on BJP may be they have not done enough to stop the riots
I have no business defending Congress. But the fanboy notion about the 'only complaint against BJP' is completely false.

Agreed. Congress is WRONG in shielding JT and co from not being accountable for the Sikh riots. They should be both prosecuted and hanged. But that doesn't become a jestification for what happened during the Gujarat riots. You can't say- we can accept Guj riots because congress has also rioted. That's STUPID.
Of course there can be no justification for Gujarat. But Congress is more guilty than what you are saying it is. The careless remark by Rajiv Gandhi 'When a tree falls, the earth shakes' was one example of how Congress's actions were seen as hoodwinking to their supporters to kill more Sikhs.

@CZAR Congress never owned up for Sikh riots. Not by any Gandhi family member. They made a Sikh PM, MMS to say sorry. Its mockery of Sikhs.

And why should Mod own up for Godhara riots, he didn't send Muslims to burn 58 Hindus and if you don't know riots dynamics and Mob Behavior, then you should read more about Criminal Psychology.

I don't like Modi for his ersonality, but his politics of development and nationalism. i don't care if he wins or loose, I want other parties to change their politics style as they can defeat Modi by development policies.

I support change in how politics is done and nation is managed.

I still don't know why you are preaching to me about the Congress. And thanks for the tip.

But you are going off track. My argument is simply that this statement will further polarize opinions and that there is a very little likelihood of the BJP's star campaigner settling in at 7 RCR.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all Modi fans - pls don't create a personality cult, that way you will lose what you claim to admire in modi and is in bad taste.

To all Modi bashers - pls convict modi and hang him, but if you can't stop character assassination, thats in very bad taste too.

In real life Larger than life Personalities is what sells. BJP is a political party with all the evils that comes from being a political party. Narendra Modi is its tallest leader and has come to symbolize meritocracy, development, statesmanship, Nationalism, Good governance, positive economic growth and unfortunately also Hindutva (with all its positive and negative connotation) in the party. Voting by association is natural ..........its the reason advertisers uses Tendulkar to sell Biscuits or Shah Rukh Khan to sell Pepsi. Narenra Modi is need to sell the BJP.

It is important for his admirers to keep faith in what he does ......that will also put positive pressure on Nareandra Modi to stick to his path.

As to Modi Bashers........Modi bashing has only added to his fame and recognition. Like Antaeus (from Greek Mythology) who's strength increased every time he was thrown on the ground, Modi's strength increases ever time someone attempts to assassinate his impeccable character.

I still don't know why you are preaching to me about the Congress. And thanks for the tip.
But you are going off track. My argument is simply that this statement will further polarize opinions and that there is a very little likelihood of the BJP's star campaigner settling in at 7 RCR.
Bhai, I have few simple questions, isn't our society already polarized to extreme ? Don't you see indifference among people ? Haven't feeling of Nationalism and Patriotism left in Soldiers only ?

I don't know what worst can happen. Only thing that make India what it stood for so many centuries is a common philosophy of Respect, Care for each other no matter which religion one belongs to and Collective Responsibility undertaken by all sections of country.

Enough of mixing religion into politics. I don't want BJP to fight election on Ram Mandir and Congress on Gujarat riots.

Talk to any soldier posted at J&K, border areas. What he wants from his country ?

BJP is a political party with all the evils that comes from being a political party.

Care to explain why such vicious attack ONLY on BJP?
Is CONgress innocent ?

Get over with Gujarat, entire Muslim population of Gujarat have. And you don't know anything about ground reality of pre-Gujarat riots. Why you guys are not letting the wounds to heel ? What moral justice you want ? And why for one case only ?

Human Rights Watch Report on India-2013

The protection of religious minorities received a boost from the prosecutions of several suspects in the 2002 Gujarat riots, resulting in over 75 convictions in 2012. These included the August conviction of Maya Kodnani, a former minister and a leader of Bajrang Dal, a militant Hindu organization.

World Report 2013: India | Human Rights Watch

Kodnani was BJP minister and Bajarang Dal is Hindu extremist organization,

Tell me one example of such justice to victims of riots in 65 years of Independence of India.

Read about Communal History of Gujarat which extends to 3 centuries.

| Gujarat Riots: The True Story

I am sick of people fighting for Muslims only, when 300 Hindus were also killed. :hitwall:

For heaven's sake respect Supreme Court's verdict. They are much more intelligent than you guys.

Instead of fighting over Gujarat, save hundreds of thousands of women raped, children thrown into child prostitution, and dire state of family members of our fallen soldiers of IA, CRPF which is happening even today.

This should be issue of 2014 elections, condition today, not what happened a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom