What's new

My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan

Just amazing! Thank you for the impressive pictures of China's HSR route.

Last pictures of harbor somehow bear some similarities with Taipei's Tamsui -- Bali areas. :)

i was impressed by Wuhan's new image too. More about new and old Wuhan on the way

We need more threads like this one.
What camera did you use?

And guys be careful, @BoQ77 will comment on this thread soon. :cheesy:
Blood-sucking iphone6.
More photos are being edited.
Who is BoQ77 by the way?

Old hankou's historical quarter, former concession region.

Pedestrian Jianghan Road, now easily accessed by Metro Line2
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.04.08.png

屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.07.02.png

屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.03.04.png
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.03.38.png

屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.02.52.png
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.06.53.png

A huge shopping plaza encircled by colonial buildings
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.03.57.png

Old hankou's main street, however this section is now only served as a parking lot as Metro Line 6 is being constructed along this street.
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.02.30.png

Sorry my friend, i am local so basically not interested in that yellow crane tower. All photos have been taken recently.
就完了?黄鹤楼都不给一张看看吗。我6岁的时候登过黄鹤楼呢,好多年没见了。

Last edited:
About post-1990 Hankou
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.01.35.png

Hankou's old financial zone and consulate area. Now Wuhan has consulates of France, USA, South Korea and UK, still a long distance from its historical more than 20. The new CBD is being build just in front oy my colony, hope my apartment will become more and more valuable:-)
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.02.07.png
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.01.57.png
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.01.46.png

Zhongshan Park commemorates Dr Sun Yat Sen( captured in 2014)
This city has been granted with so many memories about Republic of China
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.08.19.png
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.09.07.png

Old hankou's historical quarter, former concession region.

Pedestrian Jianghan Road, now easily accessed by Metro Line2
View attachment 195664

View attachment 195665

View attachment 195666 View attachment 195667

View attachment 195668 View attachment 195669

A huge shopping plaza encircled by colonial buildings
View attachment 195670

Old hankou's main street, however this section is now only served as a parking lot as Metro Line 6 is being constructed along this street.
View attachment 195671

Sorry my friend, i am local so basically not interested in that yellow crane tower. All photos have been taken recently.

I am your audience, I'm interested in the tower. Please, it can reminds some of my childhood memory.

I am your audience, I'm interested in the tower. Please, it can reminds some of my childhood memory.
Let me search in my 50G photo database. It takes time

The following about my family life.

The nearest traditional market
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 23.22.42.png

Or you can by stuff in this excellent underground supermarket, well connected with a metro station and linked by an underpass to Zhongshan Park which I reckon as the Central Park of Wuhan.
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.05.37.png

屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.05.25.png

The self-service library in the nearest metro station. 100RMB-deposit, all free with an ID card.
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 23.22.53.png

Every time I come back to Wuhan, I will have some Wuhan-style breakfast at this food street, like 3-5RMB hot dry noodle. Street art was illustrated below.
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.06.15.png

A suburban colony in Hanyang, south to Han River and north to Yangtze River, an industrial region. Chinese are supposed to know some history about made-in-Hanyang a century ago when China was at its lowest time. One of my relatives lives here, late this year it will be connected by Metro Line3.
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 22.09.43.png

Wuhan is different every day. There so many urban constructions now in Wuhan. Although they bring about air pollution, should the city just cancel them and let the next generations still suffer from overwhelming traffic jams and a sort of life of indecency?
屏幕快照 2015-02-23 23.28.27.png

Last edited:
I am on the way to sichuan, no HSR, net signal is not good, can't enjoy the pictures well, it is long and bored travel, and sevetal days later go to shenzheng by air, time is limitied, no other choice, don't like by air, hope more HSR.

Very good thread, find many this kind of threads opened by Chinese in PDF, I suggest MOD can put the thread on sticky thread, and chinese in PDF show you private travel or experience there, if you want, better pictures took by yourself, I think netizen in PDF like.

Too much wasting time wrangle and "reports" here.

I am on the way to sichuan, no HSR, net signal is not good, can't enjoy the pictures well, it is long and bored travel, and sevetal days later go to shenzheng by air, time is limitied, no other choice, don't like by air, hope more HSR.

Very good thread, find many this kind of threads opened by Chinese in PDF, I suggest MOD can put the thread on sticky thread, and chinese in PDF show you private travel or experience there, if you want, better pictures took by yourself, I think netizen in PDF like.

Too much wasting time wrangle and "reports" here.

Sorry, i cannot really get your point about PDF or MOD. All photos are my works.
Which city in Sichuan are you heading towards? Now the provincial capital and some adjacent cities have been linked by HSR.
屏幕快照 2015-02-24 00.27.33.png

Wow, so many station jumps, did you guys book train ticket ahead of time or just buy them on the floor?
Hello, my friend Powastick. Let me give you some ideas. If it is during spring festival or other national holidays, of course i should book a tickets ahead of time , cause even about 80 HSR trains per day from Guangzhou to Wuhan will be sold out a week before. But if for a ordinary day, for example, a Shanghainese wanna have a one-day excursion to Hangzhou, just buy it at a self-service machine or simply buy it in an official application with Alipay, just within a minute for these kind of intercity service is at a 5-30min frequency. Then, we will print this ticket at the self-service machine or for some lines just use our ID card without printing it. Sad news is that only Chinese citizens with an second-generation ID card can have access to self-service machines for buying or printing a ticket.

Wow, so many station jumps, did you guys book train ticket ahead of time or just buy them on the floor?

At the normal time, when you reach the station, you can succeed in buying ticket within 5 minutes. During holiday, especially Spring Festival and National Day, you have to book in advance. Otherwise, the queue will be very long, worst you even can't buy one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom