What's new

My colleague's experience of Lahore

Really a rare sight to find such Palestinian’s, as most of the humble ones are from the generation that is very old or almost finished (those who were played by jews by creating israel), if you have no issue, you can answer my question as i really am surprised upon one observation, is your wife Palestinian? And you are a pure Pakistani origin ? Because, mostly Palestinians look down on us especially the ladies

Yes she is Palestinian but born and raised in Sweden. I have lived in both Sweden and Pakistan for signficant periods of time. There are some underlying tones of racism from the wider family but I am light skinned so nothing major and nothing direct ever. No racism ever from her or her direct family, just a lack of knowledge and misconceptions regarding Pakistan. Yes i have full Pakistani parents.

Yes she is Palestinian but born and raised in Sweden. I have lived in both Sweden and Pakistan for signficant periods of time. There are some underlying tones of racism from the wider family but I am light skinned so nothing major and nothing direct ever. No racism ever from her or her direct family, just a lack of knowledge and misconceptions regarding Pakistan. Yes i have full Pakistani parents.
Oh, relocation to the west does change Arabs to some bit

I am trying to understand what is the point of this thread. a spoilt brat of south eastern origin goes to Pakistan and had bad experience. Who cares?

You need to go and watch the videos of actual foreigners visiting Pakistan and have the time of their lives.

To be fair, her assessment is not wrong. Infact i would say lahore is worst than this. The people and police are rude and dishonest. She is also right about dirt and filth. No need to be defensive, she said the truth. We need to improve ourselves.

Oh, relocation to the west does change Arabs to some bit

In general yes there is deep seated racism present in Arab societies but the the second generation born and raised in western countries, especially those who opt to venture outside of their community, tend to leave their racist tendencies behind. At least that has been my experience here.

I am trying to understand what is the point of this thread. a spoilt brat of south eastern origin goes to Pakistan and had bad experience. Who cares?

You need to go and watch the videos of actual foreigners visiting Pakistan and have the time of their lives.

I started the thread to take my frustration out, she ruined all my work of years of trying to improve the image of the country.

Also maybe we can learn something and improve.

I started the thread to take my frustration out, she ruined all my work of years of trying to improve the image of the country.

Also maybe we can learn something and improve.

Not pointing at you but many people try to hide from certain realities and present utopian image instead of telling things how it is. Pakistan is a poor country of course, and our people have a very bad habit of throwing garbage everywhere. Even our own country men from North are fed up of this.

Not pointing at you but many people try to hide from certain realities and present utopian image instead of telling things how it is. Pakistan is a poor country of course, and our people have a very bad habit of throwing garbage everywhere. Even our own country men from North are fed up of this.

Exactly mate, we are nothing but zombies if we ignore the faults and just think that everything is perfect. To be the best you need to be constantly improving.

Anyway the things that we can improve on is to stop throwing rubbish on the roads and this nonsense of taking selfies especially with strangers without their consent. This will go a long way in improving the overall image of the country.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom