What's new

Muslims have First claim over Indian Resources: PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
What logic is this? By that account all resources should go to Hindus! :hitwall:
Special treatment is fine - but it should be provided to the poor - irrespective of their sex, creed and religion. Instead all this kinds of communal politics.
Because Muslims are the biggest minority in India....It is larger than all other religious minorities put together.

What logic is this? By that account all resources should go to Hindus! :hitwall:
Special treatment is fine - but it should be provided to the poor - irrespective of their sex, creed and religion. Instead all this kinds of communal politics.

Well then why don't you do it??Common sense says there are more poor people in India than there are Muslims....if you actually work for the poor en masse you should have a bigger vote bank than the Muslim vote bank.

No...but you possibly have an ego one. The understanding is simple. The political analysts debated and came to the same conclusion that I reached. I am also in a way echoing them. This was discussed way back many times on forums, shows, news channels. Never mind :angel:
If you really think so you have a comprehension problem.

Well then why don't you do it??Common sense says there are more poor people in India than there are Muslims....if you actually work for the poor en masse you should have a bigger vote bank than the Muslim vote bank.
Excellent statement. In fact this is what makes me so ashamed of my country's Government. People from other countries are also able to see through the stupid politics. Yet our politicians( and to a large extent the voters) are blind :hitwall:
Actually as you might guess - keeping people poor helps the corrupt and uneducated criminals come to power. :ashamed:

No...but you possibly have an ego one. The understanding is simple. The political analysts debated and came to the same conclusion that I reached. I am also in a way echoing them. This was discussed way back many times on forums, shows, news channels. Never mind :angel:

I rest my case. :angel:

Excellent statement. In fact this is what makes me so ashamed of my country's Government. People from other countries are also able to see through the stupid politics. Yet our politicians( and to a large extent the voters) are blind :hitwall:
Actually as you might guess - keeping people poor helps the corrupt and uneducated criminals come to power. :ashamed:

Unfortunately this is a drawback of democracy itself.....In India you have religion bating....promising special stuff for a religious group to get their votes....In the US we have race bating.....here our politicians promise stuff for different racial minorities to get their vote....The fact is politicians are programmed to do whatever they can to come to power...European democracies are more mature than Indian and American democracies....Probably because they have less poor or deprived people....European voters vote on issues like Interest rates,credit crunch,national economics etc....US and Indian voters vote on issues like which party will give me more entitlements....You just have to live with it until the entire Indian population is educated and lifted out of poverty.

@ banana .... u i have one word for you in your own regional language

chediyechya , fordrechya tuka ani durso kaam naa re zauniya potachaya, hindu muslima bithor zhodi layta ?
modi ge gaandin vochun boss.

Are you a Slave of Allah first or India?

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said plans for minorities, particularly Muslims, must have the first claim on resources so that benefits of development reach them equitably.

"We will have to devise innovative plans to ensure that minorities, particularly the Muslim minority, are empowered to share equitably the fruits of development. These must have the first claim on resources," he said in his address at the 52nd meeting of the National Development Council here.

The Centre's resources, he added, will be stretched with greater responsibility given to states in this regard.

"The Centre has a myriad other responsibilities whose demands will have to be fitted within its overall resource availability," he said. "The Planning Commission will undertake a thorough review of ongoing programmes to eliminate those which have outlived their original rationale," Singh added.

Singh also emphasised that special component plans for Scheduled castes and Scheduled tribes were needed to revitalise the country.

Last month, the Prime Minister favoured fair share for minorities in government and private jobs as he spoke at the meeting of the National Commission for minorities.

Muslims must have first claim on resources: PM - Times Of India

'Muslims must have first claim on resources' - Express India

PM Man Mohan Singh should be tried in court of law for challenging central tenet of constituition of India . I would have been happy to hear him say that , " weaker sections of society have first right over resources in India ...whether they may be Muslims , Hindus , Christians , Parsees , Sikhs or any another denomination that can be construed ...."

But alas he ended up as petty politician using religion to shield hic incompetence .

He is worse than BJP who ask votes in name of religion ....Congress is using religion to divide country and hide its incompetence .

But alas by mixing religions in statecraft congress has done greatest injustice to our country !

If I had presided over such trial of PM Manamohan singh as a judge in greater interest of country I shall have pronounced death sentence for him .

Capital punishment for Capital crime !!!

have and MUST have two different things.

poles apart .

:)))))

and BTW banana seems to have eaten so many bananas and got an upset stomach to post 2006 statement just to bash congress

Unfortunately this is a drawback of democracy itself.....In India you have religion bating....promising special stuff for a religious group to get their votes....In the US we have race bating.....here our politicians promise stuff for different racial minorities to get their vote....The fact is politicians are programmed to do whatever they can to come to power...European democracies are more mature than Indian and American democracies....Probably because they have less poor or deprived people....European voters vote on issues like Interest rates,credit crunch,national economics etc....US and Indian voters vote on issues like which party will give me more entitlements....You just have to live with it until the entire Indian population is educated and lifted out of poverty.

Thanks for your post ....only reason to quote your post is that I believe good things must be encouraged . keep it up .

I agree absolutely . Democracy can't work if masses are illiterate and uneducated and have no insight towards real issues .

Only solution to this problem is to educate masses and empower them enough so that they don't depend on politicians for freebies ....

It's long way to go for India. But I hope India can do it .

expect more killings of muslims now

have and MUST have two different things.

poles apart .

:)))))

and BTW banana seems to have eaten so many bananas and got an upset stomach to post 2006 statement just to bash congress

Prime minister of country has to be responsible ....he is face and soul of government to whom people look upto ....

Even if the statement is as old as 7 years ....it does not diminish its importance because it was pronounced by the PM of country who is still occupying same post and more so is about go to people for renewed mandate .

This statement is in utter disregard to secular nature of indian state .

It would have been as distasteful if somebody had said that : " Hindus have first right over resources of country "

This is a country for all Muslims,Hindus , Christians , Sikhs , Parsees , Buddhists and all possible and probable religionists and denominations .

The statement also would not have been nasty if Congress had really cared for Muslims ....truth is they don't !

which makes hypocrisy of PM Man Mohan Singh all the more intolerable .....

You nailed it. :) Perfectly summed up. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom