What's new

Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque

-INDIAN-

Reaction score
BEIJING: Hundreds of Muslims fought with armed police who demolished a mosque in north China, local police and a human rights group said on Monday, with several people injured in the “riot”.

The violence between local Muslims and roughly 1,000 armed police began after police declared illegal a newly renovated mosque in the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region and moved to destroy it, the Information Center for Human Rights and Democracy, in Hong Kong, said.

The Hui are one of several Muslim minority groups in China.

Two people were killed and 50 injured after police fired tear gas and used knives and batons to beat back ethnic Hui Muslim protesters in Taoshan village, Hexi township, the rights group said, citing villagers.

Hexi township police denied any deaths when reached by telephone.

A policeman surnamed Ma confirmed that the mosque was torn down. He told AFP a “riot” occurred in Hexi on Saturday afternoon.

“Two police officers and two villagers got injured and several villagers were taken away by the police, but I don’t know how many,” Ma said.

One Taoshan local who was away when the violence occurred, said his relatives had told him over the telephone that on December 30 an official had shouted “(the mosque) is illegal” and ordered the armed police to tear it down.

“Clashes happened and more than 100 people went missing,” Jin Haitao told AFP. He said many villagers’ injuries were caused by police using high-pressure water cannon to disperse those trying to stop destruction of the mosque.

“Now, I can’t reach anyone there,” Jin said, speaking from north China’s Hebei province near Beijing.

The Hong Kong-based rights group said in a fax that Muslims from Ningxia and the neighbouring province of Gansu had donated money to build the mosque.

Jin said it was first built in 1987 and refurbished last year.

China’s communist government monitors religious activity closely and must approve the building of all mosques, churches and other places of worship as a way to prevent their becoming centres for anti-government organising.

China in recent years has seen several outbreaks of ethnic violence involving Muslims, mostly as the mainly Muslim Uighurs of the northwest Xinjiang region bridle under what they regard as government oppression and the unwanted immigration of majority ethnic Han Chinese.
Muslims clash with China police who destroyed mosque | World | DAWN.COM

Everything in this news is unnamed source with no evidence

I doubt it because it makes no sense since no mosque nor temples have been demolished for political reasons in years after the culture revolution.

and Hui have had a good relation with Han Chinese so there goes the ethnic reason.

If such event happened there maybe another reason entirely

the current speculations doesn't make sense

Well, "religious freedom" and "China" are incompatible words anyway...

The mosque was declared illegal.
Gud move China,no wonder you guys are the fastest growing economy.The law is supreme.

Wish Indian authorities were like this.You can erect an illegal place of worship be it a Temple,Mosque,Church etc. in middle of a road and the authorities(read politicians) will never touch it.:hitwall:

Well, "religious freedom" and "China" are incompatible words anyway...

Well, in China people can believe in whatever they want as long as it does not involve in politic issues.

There are no discrimination against Muslim, Christian, Jews; nor do they attack each other.

In comparison, China is better than US on both "religious freedom" and being a secular country.

Everything in this news is unnamed source with no evidence

I doubt it because it makes no sense since no mosque nor temples have been demolished for political reasons in years after the culture revolution.

and Hui have had a good relation with Han Chinese so there goes the ethnic reason.

If such event happened there maybe another reason entirely

the current speculations doesn't make sense
lol see the news source it wasnt from the so called yellow media from India its from your very own allies.....
stop being ignorant and all i want to say is that the ethnic problems are universal and can never blame it on others when your own country has it....:coffee:

Well, in China people can believe in whatever they want as long as it does not involve in politic issues.

There are no discrimination against Muslim, Christian, Jews; nor do they attack each other.

In comparison, China is better than US on both "religious freedom" and being a secular country.

Can't compare China to USA on freedom and being secular that is a lie

lol see the news source it wasnt from the so called yellow media from India its from your very own allies.....
stop being ignorant and all i want to say is that the ethnic problems are universal and can never blame it on others when your own country has it....:coffee:

I seriously doubt your ability to understand

did I say it is unreliable because it is from "so called yellow media from India?" that was you.

I gave the reasons why I doubt the validity of the story, if you want to disagree, state your counter-point.

You are making it sound like as long as there is ethnic difference there will be problems. Wrong, I am pretty sure there are two different ethnics getting along just fine thus making it not universal.

I seriously doubt your ability to understand

did I say it is unreliable because it is from "so called yellow media from India?" that was you.

I gave the reasons why I doubt the validity of the story, if you want to disagree, state your counter-point.

You are making it sound like as long as there is ethnic difference there will be problems. Wrong, I am pretty sure there are two different ethnics getting along just fine thus making it not universal.
I seriously doubt why you are back tracking from your original stand that it cant be believed since it quotes unnamed sources read your first post......I am sure you would have jumped between sky and earth had it quoted a Indian media post....the point is why a friendly nation of yours would want to post something like this in their media without it being a concrete matter....

At last the point i was discussing was that when something like this happens in India you guys jump in and say that blah blah about India pretending your nation to be a saint and thats proven wrong with this article that even your country has ethnic problems and it would be better for you to look in to yours first before poking in to others...

I would love to see certain pakistanis justifying this as well :rofl:.

When it comes to china, some pakistanis are even prepared to sell out on their families....

Aren't Indians the first to remind everyone that Muslims should follow the law of the land?

There should be an investigation. If the mosque was built illegally, then there is no cause for complaint.

I would love to see certain pakistanis justifying this as well :rofl:.

When it comes to china, some pakistanis are even prepared to sell out on their families....

that is a very disgusting statement you just made-
Maybe some thing in return to your family will make you realize that-

the apology has already started...could only think what would have happened if the place of happening was india and not china....:rofl:

india = enemy, China = Friend = Friends get the benefit of the doubt, unless proven otherwise, Kapeesh.

Back
Top Bottom