What's new

Muslim students walk out during Australian national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people do not realize they are playing with a double-edged sword. They seems to think that public opinions will sway in their favor out of the idea of 'diversity'. Let them be.
May be some others are playing with that double-edged sword but not these students if you have read the OP properly.

The people of shia sect mourn on 9th and 10th of Muharram month, that is why they walked out of national anthem and that too because the school authority allowed them to walk away. On other 363 days of the year, they sing the anthem...No need to become extra sensitive like the horde of other posters who jumped to conclusions by just reading the title of the thread.
I personally do not believe in mourning and neither do I endorse their act but people are making an issue out of it.

I thought the free society allows there people to live a life like the want to,,, if someone don't want to listen to music or even an anthem wont it fall under the high flying banner of free will? Or is that only reserved for anti-Islam cartoons and speeches/books?

If they didn't want to sing they should have maintained a respectful silence. That way you show appreciation and respect for the nation that takes care of you. Whose idea was it to have them walk out? Walking out in itself sends a message of defiance.
Such folks are their own worst enemy at times.

Since those in question are students it is fair to assume that they either have PR of citizenship.

How can they not sing the national anthem of their chosen nation ? What has religion to do with it ?

Why haven't they been kicked out of the school yet? You can't keep giving immigrants space and hoping they'll blend in at some point.

Drop the hammer on them, there is no excuse for such a behavior. You live in Australia, you better show respect to it.

Absolutely right .

One day, same people will do jihad for sharia law ..Seeds are growing.

Things are difficult for muslims and they are getting worse, take a look around.
And
Actually I don't mind you or plenty in pakistan like you hating me or other Indians, helps our cause and effect.
You guys are pathetic souls who are looking for opportunity to bash all Muslims. You idiots did not even read the news properly that it was principal's decision to let over 30 Muslim students step out during the national anthem.Principal Cheryl Irving, told Shiite Muslim students that they could excuse themselves from singing Advance Australia Fair if they were observing Muharram, a month of mourning that marks the death of Imam Hussein, because during this time, Shiites do not participate in joyful events, including listening to music or singing.

These are student of Islamic College Of Brisbane but well you idiots will surely ignore this because you cannot use it to express your hatred for Muslims

[video]

Since those in question are students it is fair to assume that they either have PR of citizenship.

How can they not sing the national anthem of their chosen nation ? What has religion to do with it ?

Absolutely nothing,, hence...

Oh and by the way,, the point at missed to state earlier,,
This is a stupid gesture by the Muslims there, it is an anthem people, come on!! And that too of the country which is providing you bread. Respect them!!
Respect for the Australian authorities who showed this tolerance and allowed that to happen!
IN Muharram it is mourning time and some Shia don't listen to music or things like that but still that is not a justification, it is just a national anthem for me so this should not have happened!

Valid point. Australians should allow anyone to walk out on their national anthem. Make that allowance loud and clear and before the music start, allot a few minutes for those who object to the national anthem to gather themselves and leave.
THEY SHOULD!!

HOWEVER, should ANYONE leave is a separate issue, personally i think that NO ONE should be doing that. It is the National Anthem of the country supporting you,, a little respect would be appreciated from those residing there.

I thought the free society allows there people to live a life like the want to,,, if someone don't want to listen to music or even an anthem wont it fall under the high flying banner of free will? Or is that only reserved for anti-Islam cartoons and speeches/books?

Absolutely nothing,, hence...

Then what was you post above for ?

Dont you agree that citizens of a nation must respect their national anthem ? If yes then the school kids did wrong.

Dont you agree that citizens of a nation must respect their national anthem ? If yes then the school kids did wrong.

Have you read the posts? both of them? rather all of them? Perhaps you will find your answer. :) It is the attitude, the double standards. I request you to go through the posts and i feel we will come to an agreement!

May be some others are playing with that double-edged sword but not these students if you have read the OP properly.

The people of shia sect mourn on 9th and 10th of Muharram month, that is why they walked out of national anthem and that too because the school authority allowed them to walk away. On other 363 days of the year, they sing the anthem...No need to become extra sensitive like the horde of other posters who jumped to conclusions by just reading the title of the thread.
I personally do not believe in mourning and neither do I endorse their act but people are making an issue out of it.
Allowance does not constitute an order. Allowance mean there are at least 2 options. If the Muslims can chose to leave, they can also chose to stay.

Allowance does not constitute an order. Allowance mean there are at least 2 options. If the Muslims can chose to leave, they can also chose to stay.
So what's the fuss about? They didn't break any law did they? They didn't commit any hateful act, did they? Why the posters in this thread are going bonkers?

So what's the fuss about? They didn't break any law did they? They didn't commit any hateful act, did they? Why the posters in this thread are going bonkers?
No one said they broke any law. But the fuss is unspoken. If you do not understand, we understand why not.

No one said they broke any law. But the fuss is unspoken. If you do not understand, we understand why not.
These countries must ban immigration by proper legislation if their people are uncomfortable with the by-products of immigration. In the end it's only the constitution and law that matters, not the agitation of someone.

I respect the decision of my shia brothers. I do think we should still though try to be inclusive in western societies,

it such a boring anthem even i can walk out if given a chance :lol:

A Victorian school that invited Muslim children to walk out of assembly before the national anthem was played has been criticized by parents and maverick Senator Jacqui Lambie.

Reason, I highlighted that is to show they were told to leave, I am not sure how it works in India, but in other countries you are expected to do as told by teachers.

Indians go horny in full force, if the news is anti, Islam, no matter what the reason is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom