What's new

Muslim soldier of Indian Army, barred from using 'Jai Hind', warned of a court martial.

My question was why any of them was required in the first place ??

To take care of their religious and spiritual needs. That is important for a lot of people. Western armies have chaplains.

Those responsible will be prosecuted. because this is India. Every Indian has right to say Jai Hind...
Have you ever served in the Army? Obviously not as you are blissfully unaware of the traditions of the different regiments of the Indian Army.

This guy was from one of the battalions of the Rajputana Rifles Regiment which has the salutation: 'Ram Ram' and 'Jai Mata di', as per the rules of the Raj Rif Regiment.

For eg. the Assam Regiment has the salutation-'Tagra Raho', The JAT Regiment-'Ram Ram', Madras Regiment-'Namaskar', and so on....

Therefore if you are serving in the Assam Regiment, the salutation will be Tagra raho and NOT Jai Hind or Ram Ram.

This has been the tradition of regiments for decades, since their inception as part of the Indian Army.

So what is wrong in saying 'Jai Mata di'?? Mata is mother which is India. This means 'hail to mother India'. So is it anti national or religious hatred or extremism saying, 'Jai Mata di'?

This is total bullshit! Bloody stupid issue. That guy should be taken to task and sacked forthwith for defying regimental traditions. Period!.

RSS guy top comparing two different countries.

Pakistan might not want non-Muslims in the armed forces. Indian Muslims don't want to join Indian armed forces. That's the difference.
--
why non muslim are non patriotic and not loyal to pak.?
--
indian muslim dont want to join IA..
may i know why so ?
--
reality check
But before jumping to any conclusions, it is prudent to consider several facts. The Indian Army conducts recruitment drives, called rallies. Recruitment criteria, although differing from place to place, include a large pro rata quota for regional populations irrespective of religion. The recruiting officers are summoned from all over the country and randomly assigned to different locations, thus eliminating any regional animosity. However, there are no such rules for the officer cadre. And in fact Muslim officers have graduated from the country ‘s three army academies and have gone on to become high ranking officers. The Indian Army has had eight Muslim major generals so far, while the Air Force was once commanded by a Muslim air chief marshal. The Indian Military Academy has had one Muslim commandant, while the National Defense Academy has had two
India’s Muslim Soldiers | The Diplomat

My question was why any of them was required in the first place ??

For the troops, units have Mandirs, Masjids , Gurudwaras & Churches hence at religious man is needed.

He also serves to motivate the men on religious grounds.

RSS guy top comparing two different countries.

Pakistan might not want non-Muslims in the armed forces. Indian Muslims don't want to join Indian armed forces. That's the difference.
--
by the way.. i use RSS
Really Simple Syndication

and also proud of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) work
(with few exception )
--
what is meansing of your name

in india ... Soldires first .. hindus .. mulsim skih etc later

@pursuit of happiness
Improve your comprehension skills. I said that Pakistani government might want non-Muslims in armed forces.

India might want Muslims in armed forces but we Indian Muslims don't want to join. Mainly due to discrimination and since the enemy country is Pakistan which also happens to an Islamic state.

So what is wrong in saying 'Jai Mata di'?? Mata is mother which is India. This means 'hail to mother India'. So is it anti national or 'religious' in saying Jai Mata di?

Well to be fair, "Jai mata di" is usually used in a religious context to refer to a godess. And "Ram Ram" is obviously religious.

But I don't understand what the harm is in a greeting. He can make it clear that he doesn't believe in a godess or ram, and he has every right not to. I've never heard of hindus or atheists refusing to say "Sri Waheguruji ki khalsa, Sri Waheguru ki fateh!" in Punjab regiments or SLI. There are christians, atheists, and many others serving in the army as well. Heck, wasn't Field Marshal Manekshaw a Parsi, who served in and commanded a Gurkha regiment? Did he object to using "Jai mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali!"?

Why is it that I always hear of non muslims talking about 'kitman' and 'taqiyya' but never an actual muslim. Are you saying you know more about my religion than I do?

As per sunni muslims ,you are not a muslim ,but a qadiani.But according to indian govt ,you are muslim though saudi arabia and pakistan consider you not muslim.

Sunnis do encourage a lot of kitman ,love jihad ,killing kafirs. Ahmadiyya and shias don't .

I judge by actions ,not words.

Well to be fair, "Jai mata di" is usually used in a religious context to refer to a godess. And "Ram Ram" is obviously religious.

But I don't understand what the harm is in a greeting. He can make it clear that he doesn't believe in a godess or ram, and he has every right not to. I've never heard of hindus or atheists refusing to say "Sri Waheguruji ki khalsa, Sri Waheguru ki fateh!" in Punjab regiments or SLI. There are christians, atheists, and many others serving in the army as well. Heck, wasn't Field Marshal Manekshaw a Parsi, who served in and commanded a Gurkha regiment? Did he object to using "Jai mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali!"?
It's all about regimental traditions.

Maulvi in Indian Army ‘censured’ for saying Jai Hind

Those responsible will be prosecuted. because this is India. Every Indian has right to say Jai Hind...
How does Jai Hind "send a message of religious hatred and extremism"?

No one can stop any one in India Chanting Jai Hind. It's integral part of our national Anthem!
If Jai Hind create religious Hatred and extremism, we must scrap our national anthem. But none has raise it till date.

TOI is going to drain and publishing masala without proper investigations and always runs away from responsibility.

@pursuit of happiness
Improve your comprehension skills. I said that Pakistani government might want non-Muslims in armed forces.

India might want Muslims in armed forces but we Indian Muslims don't want to join. Mainly due to discrimination and since the enemy country is Pakistan which also happens to an Islamic state.
Im sure u wouldn't mind joining ISIS

They are recruiting man... better salaries, better weapons, better publicity n above all........
72 virgins:eek:

Im sure u wouldn't mind joining ISIS
They are recruiting man... better salaries, better weapons, better publicity n above all........
72 virgins
Another muslim hater. People in here wonder why Muslims demand affirmative action?

FYI I already have had 72 Hindu virgin girls in real life.

It isn't that we don't want non Muslims in PA or PAF or PN. Even today there are several Christians and Parsis who are serving at very high posts. Thy guy who supervised the whole process of AWACS acquisition is a Parsi officer of PAF.

You are all missing the point.

It's not that "Jai hind" is offensive. Every battalion has a specific motto and war cry. Some units have "Jai hind". Some have "Jo bole sau nihal..." Some have "Durga mata ki jai" and so on. If anybody refuses to utter the war cry of his unit, that will invite disciplinary action. It is his refusal to utter the unit's official battle cry and instead using "Jai hind" that is deemed unpatriotic.

How is saying Jai Hind instead of Durga mata ki jai is "unpatriotic"? Explain please.

Back
Top Bottom