What's new

Muslim Punjabi Tribes and their origins

No, they invaded ,there was no mass migration. It was all prior to Islam was spread by Sufi Saints. Jatt are historically more closer to origin to Gujjars than Rajputs. Origin is invading Hapthalites or White huns plus some hordes of Syncithians.
Can't prove or disprove anything. What I know is that jats might be related to Scythians. Does not mean they invaded etc. They just migrated from as far as Bulgaria to central Asia and may be in some cases just from northern India.
When they first migrated then started as farmers and herders only. There was no jat kingdom as such though you can associate with some central Asian kingdom.
Plains, rivers and weather of northern india/Pakistan must have been tempting at that time. Also when jat migrated then there might already have been stronger rulers in India. Gujjars came earlier than jats. Gujjars are mostly animal herders.
Are there significant and prominent jats in Pakistan? In india, we have Sikh jatts and Hindu jats as main ethnicities in Punjab and haryana. Both have done fairly well. Jats are coming up well. Last army chief was jat. Sikh jatts have also had several high posts. In sports, doing better from Indian context.

Almost all Pakistani's are a amalgam and all have base layer that is native to the region. Over the millenia waves of migrations deposited layers on top of the base leading to the amalgam that we have today. In short everybody has some claim to this land. Very few people have remained exactly the same over 1,000s of years. Thus we have a direct connect with the Indus people.

Two things do not stand. One that there is much Arab connection - there is not. Second the silly self serving hypothesis posited by the Ganga people - that Harappan people all migrated to India and all Pakistani's teleported from outside is rubbish. It's just another attempt to stick their grubby hands on IVC.

The main differance you see in Pakistani's from one end to another is the degree of outside influence on the base amalgam which is native. In addition this is what makes us differant from Ganga/Dravidian people.

Harrapa-SouthAsia-Participant-Map-C1.jpg

Can't prove or disprove anything. What I know is that jats might be related to Scythians. Does not mean they invaded etc. They just migrated from as far as Bulgaria to central Asia and may be in some cases just from northern India.
When they first migrated then started as farmers and herders only. There was no jat kingdom as such though you can associate with some central Asian kingdom.
Plains, rivers and weather of northern india/Pakistan must have been tempting at that time. Also when jat migrated then there might already have been stronger rulers in India. Gujjars came earlier than jats. Gujjars are mostly animal herders.
Are there significant and prominent jats in Pakistan? In india, we have Sikh jatts and Hindu jats as main ethnicities in Punjab and haryana. Both have done fairly well. Jats are coming up well. Last army chief was jat. Sikh jatts have also had several high posts. In sports, doing better from Indian context.
Look when people move from one place to a better place they are not provided the new greener pastures in plate, they have to displace them, Arabs displaced Bruhi from plains, Dravidians were displaced by Central Asians.
Jats just did not come over and were awarded lands.

In Pakistan Gujjars, Jats, Maliks and Rajputs share the power space quite peacefully as we do not have problem of Scheduled or other backward castes problem. Many prominent Politicians like Shafqat Mahmood fromPTI,Qa ar uz Zaman Qaira from PPP and a big part of PML N is Gujjar as are many prominent from other castes as well. Shoaib Akhter, Muhammed Asif cricketers, Chaudhary Rehmat Ali who gave name of Pakistan.

The point is there is no need to go into which caste is better or stronger Almost everyone has same origins, intermixed.

The Scythians were known to be warlike people. Who knows how many helpless Dravidians, desperately praying to their monkey gods for protection were slaughtered by them before they settled in India.
Don't troll. I am a Jat. Jats though not having any exceptional documented history but still have passed information across generations verbally. Also historians have made some claims. Jats were most likely migrants. They adopted regional culture. They were never oppressed but not really ruled either.

Look when people move from one place to a better place they are not provided the new greener pastures in plate, they have to displace them, Arabs displaced Bruhi from plains, Dravidians were displaced by Central Asians.
Jats just did not come over and were awarded lands.

In Pakistan Gujjars, Jats, Maliks and Rajputs share the power space quite peacefully as we do not have problem of Scheduled or other backward castes problem. Many prominent Politicians like Shafqat Mahmood fromPTI,Qa ar uz Zaman Qaira from PPP and a big part of PML N is Gujjar as are many prominent from other castes as well. Shoaib Akhter, Muhammed Asif cricketers, Chaudhary Rehmat Ali who gave name of Pakistan.

The point is there is no need to go into which caste is better or stronger Almost everyone has same origins, intermixed.
I know 3-4 migrations of my clan within india in last 700-800 years without any fight. And we started farming wherever we went. We should not assume that all migrations were related to war and invasions. I am a jat so interested in knowing how jats are in Pakistan.

Don't troll. I am a Jat. Jats though not having any exceptional documented history but still have passed information across generations verbally. Also historians have made some claims. Jats were most likely migrants. They adopted regional culture. They were never oppressed but not really ruled either.

Except that the Scythians invasion into the subcontinent is well documented.

I know 3-4 migrations of my clan within india in last 700-800 years without any fight. And we started farming wherever we went. We should not assume that all migrations were related to war and invasions. I am a jat so interested in knowing how jats are in Pakistan.
Jats are doing very well. They own lands, herd cattle as well as successful professionals in every field specially armed forces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom