What's new

Muslim Philosopher Says Islam Has Given Birth To Monsters, Needs Reform

I am a Muslim and from my personal experience I can tell that a few Westerners still consider Islam and Muslims a pariah because of all the negativity that is portrayed in media.
Yes, now its growing. But before the September 11, or in general it was not considered just about 15 years back. Things changed rapidly. And mind you this was well after the fall of the Wall. :)

To an extent, yes. But Islam or Muslims are not considered a pariah as Communism was. It was considered just another faith like Judaism etc for example. :)

We've evolved to the point where considering the 'other' as a pariah isn't there or at least not there overtly so; that doesn't change the fact that Muslims and Islam is, in many ways, the new punching bag needed to string together the narrative of 'Good vs Bad', 'Progress vs Retardation' and all of those similar hypocritical half-baked notions of self-righteousness that the dominant voices and the dominant narrative in the World has needed to have since Hitler thought of keeping a weird moustache. Perhaps even before that but by others.

That doesn't take anything away from the fact that the onus is on Muslims to deal with the mess thats gripped the Muslim World.

We've evolved to the point where considering the 'other' as a pariah isn't there or at least not there overtly so; that doesn't change the fact that Muslims and Islam is, in many ways, the new punching bag needed to string together the narrative of 'Good vs Bad', 'Progress vs Retardation' and all of those similar hypocritical half-baked notions of self-righteousness that the dominant voices and the dominant narrative in the World has needed to have since Hitler thought of keeping a weird moustache. Perhaps even before that but by others.

That doesn't take anything away from the fact that the onus is on Muslims to deal with the mess thats gripped the Muslim World.
Yes, this is correct. But honestly, even at the cost of slightly offending(excuse pls), the idea of 'my religion is better than yours' is very common in the West, starting from the ME especially. It has more to do with the Abrahamic concept that anything else. The silly notions of Good vs Bad also comes from this - perhaps?

Yes, this is correct. But honestly, even at the cost of slightly offending(excuse pls), the idea of 'my religion is better than yours' is very common in the West, starting from the ME especially. It has more to do with the Abrahamic concept that anything else. The silly notions of Good vs Bad also comes from this - perhaps?

The notion of 'Good vs Bad' and 'Right vs Wrong' has more to do with Human psyche than anything Abrahamic or Dharmic in nature; people like certainty in their beliefs or at least in the foundations of their beliefs irrespective of whether we're talking about religion, culture, politics, society or even sports !

I suppose thats what was one of the selling points of Abrahamic Religions before and Secular Humanism with Atheistic or at least Agnostic Undertones now.

No other religion of the world presently produces barbaric monsters like ISIS, Boko Haram etc but followers of the cult called Islam. Islam is not yet another 'innocent' abrahamic religion. Its also a political ideology that encompasses all walks of human life from cradle to the grave. With such authoritarian and totalitarian beliefs inbred in Muslims from early age, it comes as no surprise why we still have so much terror, tyranny, bigotry and illiteracy in the Muslim world.
I was born in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Raised as a 'good' faithful Muslim at home, I was moved to Norway at the age of 13. Now at 27 I have personally lived half of my life in a very Muslim country, and another half in a Christian or secular one. From my years of experience in these contrasting countries I can confirm that Islamic ideology in its present form, be it religious, political or spiritual is a total failure. It produces no human intellect of any kind, especially if you are exposed to it from an early age.
You can disagree with my 'radical' views, but this is the ultimate truth as I see it. Islam must reform to survive in the present and future age of science, technology and Western civilization or die like ISIS barbaric butchers.

@Horus
@Jungibaaz
@Solomon2
@Akheilos
Than this shows only you have no idea off Islam and as for reform no reform is needed or will take place as for these kind off jokers they are off no importance in Muslim world

ISIS is the product of US invasion of the Muslim world. They promised Sunni tribes a share of power in return for fighting Al Qaeda (another product of American imperialism). The Sunnis had warned the Americans that if you back stab us, we will take Baghdad or die trying. The US is well US, they never kept their end of the deal and brought Maliki into power. A Shia extremist who started to persecute the Sunnis and denied them their basic rights. ISIS was the result!

The US is an empire in decline and wants to kill its way out of it, just like all empires in decline have done in the past. Divide and rule is a deliberate American policy towards world's Muslims. It does it on purpose because otherwise it will not have any reason to have a military footprint in the Muslim lands. Supporting Shias against Sunnis in Iraq and Northern Alliance against the Pashtuns in Afghanistan is a very well drafted strategy. It keeps them relevant so they can then chase their real superpower objectives.

Everything is ' someone else's ' fault.

What about those who play into the hands of ' others' and allow themselves, their country & their region to be taken for a ride - all for a ' few dollars more" ?

Are they not to blame ?

In my opinion they are like those who sleep with open doors and then complain against the thief who visited.

No one rides your back unless its bent.

Well for too long people expect the Arabs to lead....without realizing Arabs are happy with their wealth ONLY....and would do alot of further damage to increase it....
The problem comes when they start "electing" leaders based on birth right..."Arabs"
Such "leaders" exploit and refuse to listen so correcting any mistake is far fetched!

Sorry don't expect Arabs to be leaders. They are drunk on oil and wealth. Huge problems with pride and ego. Pakistan has the capacity to lead the Muslim world if it sorts out its internal problems.

Quality of leadership has gone down in the Muslim world over the centuries. The only hope is rising literacy rate and challenging extremist ideology by educated and sensible Muslims.

I think every religion changes acc. To scenarios of different time, I think it's for muslim community to decide for the future.

Fixed: JEWS eternal will to dominate the world and their logic of lies have given birth to monsters: Trotsky, Hitler, zionist Al Qaeda

See, it is all somebody else's fault!

Or not.

May be Muslims only have themselves to blame, but find it easy to point fingers at others, as you just did, to avoid confronting the root causes that lie within? Just may be.

Or it has more to do with the posters previous posts and intentions. For example let’s say that I go to a Jewish forum and start posting articles from white supremacist blogs/websites. Do you think I would get a reasonable response, or would I just get banned or ridiculed?

If your intentions are to enlighten Pakistanis with extreme views I advice you not to support people who have just as much irrational hate in their heart and who are just as extreme.

[

Wrong interpretations, wrong understanding, poverty, illiteracy, utter lack of those democratic values which were practiced during the early Caliphate with the inflexible integrity, and rigid justice establishing wise regulations for the strict administration of the law throughout the region. Some massive reforms are requited at every level. Muslim world desperately need some good leaders. Mullas have done severe damage to our cultural norms. Its simply because we have handed over our basic responsibilities in there hands. In Islam every one can become Imam to lead prayers (Salaah). The conditions to become Imam are simple such as to have good characteristics, good knowledge of Salaat, pious and senior in age, noble and good in voice....it's a pity that we have handed over simple jobs like leading prayers to some appointed Mullahs and Maulvees who are taking full advantage of their position which most of them don't deserve at all. Not to mention the proper interpretation of Holy Quran here. Recently a christian couple was burnt alive in Punjab and some local Maulvi was behind all that shameful act....!!
Only & only education with removal of poverty along with extremely rigid system of Justice can save us from the future disasters.

Dear Mr. Khan, The problems of Islam are not confined in Pakistan, BD or India so that we can identify poverty , illiteracy as the main reason. Same problem are present in Soudi, Katar even in UK or rest of Europe. They are not poor or illiterate. The root of problem is much deeper. Probably you may have to start from the very basic may be from interpretation of Koran.

During 19th century Sati customs ( "self " burning of widow along with husband) was a common practice in many parts of India. It was supposed to be as per Hindu scripture. Raja Rammohan Roy, English literate Indian who was also expert in Hindu scripture took the lead to protest this barbaric and cruel ritual in the name of Hinduism. He proved in many open debate with Hindu purahits (equivalent to "Imam") that there is no such instruction in original Hindu scriptures. He gathered public opinion in such a level that British rulers banned Sati thereafter. Similarly another English literate Brahmin proved in 19th Century that widow marriage is not against Hindu religion and British passed Widow Marriage Act. That time Hindu religion was much more orthodox than Islam in India. But due to series of self imposed reforms made Hinduism more liberal . There was always conflict among fundamentalists , semi fundamentalists and liberals in Hinduism too. Finally liberals won the battle 19th Century, 20th century only continuation of that without much external force. Battle is not over even today as you see.

Similar internal reforms happened in Turkey. Today, they are much better off. Indian Muslim deferred the process which is creating today's problem. Reform must come from within the Indian/Pakistani/BD in Muslim society and should not be imposed.

Back
Top Bottom