What's new

Muslim network Salamworld aims to be Facebook rival - BBC NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Althougj there is no legal protection against all above..
So yahoo mail was there first and gmail came to do pleagurism?

You dont get it. Or just playing dumb. There is legal protection if your product is shaped and colored the same as competitors. This isn't China. Are yahoo mail and gmail visually the same?

where did i say it was a money making scam? what is anon and 4th channel?

and ye, gf doesnt mind me using her pic.
I said that. And anonymous is a hacking group which mostly targets scientologist religion but they only started attacking Islam after some killings
4chan is just a site, not short for anything :)

You dont get it. Or just playing dumb. There is legal protection if your product is shaped and colored the same as competitors. This isn't China. Are yahoo mail and gmail visually the same?
Who cares about the shape and color as long as the world is getting some decent and ethical competition, now dont tell me you're an apple fan
iPhone has a monopoly on rectangles lol

Why Facebook is controlled by Jews than? have you done any research on the founder of Facebook? the Link to Israeli communication and other intelligence agencies? why The Flag of Israel is hidden in the basic design of the site?

There are many information sources that confirm these facts, and they are mostly American.

Facebook ILLUMINATI MASON - YouTube
Nope, the guys an atheist pork eater

that's what tharki jahils do
i hate facebook it's really annoying, but i support originality more

i'm a fan of the old days, i prefer talking on the phone and skyping or even better, meeting face to face.

And I'm not acting as a know it all, im just making saure you people hamari izzat pani pani mein na mila dein - being the voice of reason is tiring work you know

The only thing is your reasoning is lame..
Altavista was a search engine..then came yahoo and google..both search engines..
Was that pleagerism?

Manwin is basically the net's largest **** provider.

how do you know about that? you being a honest to god Muslim and all? fewposts above i read "Islam is my life". Want me to report you to a religious authority nearest to you so you get your fair share of stoning? :lol:

Lame!! Really Lame! Typical American cry baby act being afraid is how you lot live, isn't it?

I remember there was a muslim alternative to "Jewish pepsi and coke" a while back. I think it failed to survive in the market.

Your point?
Maybe ALOT of you did not read! It is NOT FOR MUSLIMS alone, you lot are welcomed! And it is freedom of speech/ expression/life...All what you people believe in than why harass an innocent site which has not even been launched properly? I can see all of you bombarding starting now...then you say we Muslims preach hatred?

Daily internet users would easily know that internet has alot of sources...some true, some false like many times rubbish news surfaces! Well, THIS website is to allow us to discuss that lot, likewise the SALAMWORLD...

What just because it starts with SALAM you lot are about to wet your pants and hence, do the only thing ruthless people who are incapable of accepting change, intolerant of other people (oh wait, I think someone gave that title to Pakistanis than why are you lot fighting for that title?)...

If you do not want to join...fair enough move on! Why are you attracted to this post and came to bash it? If you can not spare good words- Walk your path and we walk ours while we say PEACE!

Two years old news

Pakistan launches its
own version of Facebook

Then why people still using the facebook if they already have an option of
Millatfacebook.com ???

millat_eja.jpg

And your point? What does this have to do with an Ummah? Oh Wait you don't know what Ummah means and uniting it will just bring the end of the world (says the media)

Facebook should be banned in all muslim states, if they want this site to work.

Huh? I do not even know what to say to that!

Who cares, let them enclose themselves if they wish.

Then why the follow up with the lame jokes?

If nothing else it will be interesting to look into for the first few weeks at least.

Who cares about the shape and color as long as the world is getting some decent and ethical competition, now dont tell me you're an apple fan

When shape and color of the copy become so similar to the original that the consumer might get confused, thats when the laws come into place.
Also with markings. I remember a Volvo S4 case of the 90's. They had a plan to start marking their models S4, S7 etc.... Audi sued Volvo because it had already reserved the name S4. They renamed into S40 the station wagon into V40 because Ferrari objected to F40 which was Volvo's original plan.
It takes very little to get a lawsuit filed against you on the basis of copyright/int.property rights nowadays.

In regards to Salam, i went to the site, i find it illogical that it is blue/white combo. wouldn't green be more apropriate?

Lame!! Really Lame! Typical American cry baby act being afraid is how you lot live, isn't it?

It was a joke? The extra liberal use of sarcasm didn't give it away? :undecided:

Then why the follow up with the lame jokes?

Because it's a debate and at that point it got quite funny so i participated....

You are aware that makes you look retarded right? Social networks and wheels are the same thing :O

He was referring to inventions which are same and used over and over! Basic inventions.

Q.But you can not even swallow a website to unite 1 nation...Or are you jealous or afraid of our unity?
A.first r u nuts? islam is a religion u idiot not a nation

SIGH! Where do I even start!
or r u saying pakistan is making that website?

Never said that

cmon now atleast dont steal ur brother nation's work , and why would i be jelous of ur unity? and making a islamic FB does not means that all islamic people are united against FB with this new alt FB , its just a over hyped website nothing else , even after the website is make i bet even u wont use it after a few years.

Sorry, not meaning to be rude but I doubt your command of the English language...Islamic FB- was a word someone on the thread used not the original guy...We called it a social network better than FB...

IF I use it or not, I support its launching as it shows Muslims are also putting an effort and any effort is good! :)

and FYI the reason why i said they must have entirely different network was because even after making a seperate website it doesnt matter people will make fake accounts and troll anyways , so it would be rather better to make a whole different network for the sole perpose of having secured line where all people have real accounts instead of some "make an account in 2 mins and voula u r in the network mate go ahead and troll and we will blame the rest of the world for trolling here yay" website
Good to know :)

When shape and color of the copy become so similar to the original that the consumer might get confused, thats when the laws come into place.

COlour and design...Do you see the similarities between Salamworld and FB in terms of colour and design?

It was a joke? The extra liberal use of sarcasm didn't give it away? :undecided:

Because it's a debate and at that point it got quite funny so i participated....

Ok. Then I apologize for not understanding your sarcasm! :)

In regards to Salam, i went to the site, i find it illogical that it is blue/white combo. wouldn't green be more apropriate?

YEA....why the white and blue? Looks like the Israel flag!

Do you think FB was original? Or are you just a troll paid by FB?

IF anyone wants to sue it should be GEOCITIES, SIXDEGREES.COM, FRIENDSTER, MYSPACE, SECOND LIFE, ORKUT...

FB "STOLE" or should I say plagiarised from ALL of them!

http://www.bitrebels.com/social/the-social-media-world-before-twitter-and-facebook-infographic/
I know those websites existed, but they didnt change the world like facebook or even twitter. Facebook was never invented for the purpose ur thinking, it was a small project zuckerberg had to chat with friends around his university, then he linked other unis
if he really had bad intentiions like the salambook guy he would have gone on the net first and painted his site like the ones he copied

The only thing is your reasoning is lame..
Altavista was a search engine..then came yahoo and google..both search engines..
Was that pleagerism?
Google and yahoo revolutionised searching technology that altavista ended up using it

I know those websites existed, but they didnt change the world like facebook or even twitter. Facebook was never invented for the purpose ur thinking, it was a small project zuckerberg had to chat with friends around his university, then he linked other unis
if he really had bad intentiions like the salambook guy he would have gone on the net first and painted his site like the ones he copied

Call me naive but I do not jump to conclusions on people's intentions especially people I do not even know!

And yes, I know FB's history...The site is pathetic when it comes to security (or used to be not sure now) so I would welcome a new replacement anytime! :tup:

we should wait for the launch of salamworld...instead of jumping to conclusion..
Lets see how it goes.

Google and yahoo revolutionised searching technology that altavista ended up using it

We were talking about the idea...the basic idea...Alot of people were claiming it plagiarism ...Well, In the same context Goggle AND Yahoo plagiarized from Altavista...

Call me naive but I do not jump to conclusions on people's intentions especially people I do not even know!

And yes, I know FB's history...The site is pathetic when it comes to security (or used to be not sure now) so I would welcome a new replacement anytime! :tup:
So you think this guy can give you better security than fb which spend billions every year on securitY? I'm sorry it's not even close to possible to hack facebook, you can trick people into giving their info away and then they cry about facebook's security. I'm not referring to you or anything but idiots should be sorted out by natural selection

COlour and design...Do you see the similarities between Salamworld and FB in terms of colour and design?
YEA....why the white and blue? Looks like the Israel flag!

They probably want to make the user feel comfortable and at home, by using similar color/font/page layout as fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom