Muslim employee sacked for sporting a beard in West Bengal

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
364980-muslim-kolkata.jpg

Zee Media Bureau/Pooja Mehta

Kolkata: Not many days have gone past when MBA graduate Zeshan Ali Khan was denied a job in a diamond export company in Mumbai because of his religion. Now, in Kolkata, a man lost his job because he started keeping beard.

Mohd Ismail, who was working as general manager (Mines) in Adhunik Group of Industries for the last six years lost his job this year when he returned from 'Hajj' in May, 2014, sporting a beard.

After his return, his salary was reduced to half. The same continued for coming months when in March this year, he decided to approach Manoj Agarwal, managing director of the company.

When Ismail demanded his pending salary, he was thrown out of the office by guards, and was termed 'terrorist' by Agarwal.

“As soon as I returned from my Haj pilgrimage, I had been sporting a beard. The MD of the company said that I was trying to threaten him and termed me a ‘terrorist’. It was extremely saddening to hear that I was termed as a ‘terrorist’ on my own soil”, said Ismail.

Ismail then tried to approach government bodies like Human Rights Commission, Minority Commission and even the Chief Minister's office but no action was taken. He also filed an FIR against MD Manoj Agarwal in Ballygunj station, but police did not take any measures.

The company has, however, dismissed Ismail's accusations and termed him as `fraud`.

“Whatever Ismail has said is a lie. He had threatened us that he would ransack and vandalise our office. He is a fraud”, claimed Mahesh Agarwal, the brother of MD Manoj Agarwal.

Now, Ismail is moving the Calcutta High Court to seek justice and an apology for the remarks that hurt his religious sentiments.

While, in the West Bengal Assembly, MLAs of Left wing demanded strict action against the officer-in-charge of Ballygunj Police Station for not taking any action.

Just after this news surfaced in the media, Ismail got an SMS from the company offering him all his remaining dues, but now he wants only justice.

First Published: Thursday, June 4, 2015 - 16:18
Muslim employee sacked for sporting a beard in West Bengal | Zee News
@Horus @nair @SpArK @GURU DUTT @OrionHunter @HRK @PWFI @Skull and Bones @IND151 @Indian Gurkha @doppelganger @he-man

Modi also sports beard, is he next to be fired?

Modi also sports beard, is he next to be fired?

Only fired why not called a Terrorist? And guy in question is not accused of killing anyone but Modi?

“As soon as I returned from my Haj pilgrimage, I had been sporting a beard. The MD of the company said that I was trying to threaten him and termed me a ‘terrorist’.

Employers are not allowed to fire employees ? :woot:

Nope just grow a beard and you are pretty much unfireable. :lol:

Notice how this man came back from Haj in May 2014, yet the company fired him in July 2015. The beard must have taken a really long time to grown :woot:

Md. Ali Ismail, a resident of Picnic Garden had been working with Adhunik Group of Industries for the past six years. Ismail, working in the capacity of General Manager – Mines, with the group had gone for Haj in May, 2014 and returned sporting a beard.

Notice how this man came back from Haj in May 2014, yet the company fired him in July 2015. The beard must have taken a really long time to grown :woot:

No wonder he is fighting to get this job back. No one else will hire him :lol: ............ not to mention that in Bengal, jobs are scares as it is.

Modi came to power in May 2014, Modi put a black magic spell on Muslims so that they can't grow their beard but somehow after one year and one month he broke the jinx hence he got sacked.

Modi came to power in May 2014, Modi put a black magic spell on Muslims so that they can't grow their beard but somehow after one year and one month he broke the jinx hence he got sacked.

I knew it. Its Modi's fault. Communal BJP in Didi's own state.

If you are working in private company, grow a bread which can trimmed to be professional. I mean look at that guy. He is looking damn unprofessional.
We are having Muslim workers here, and they neatly maintain their beards. This news seems to be fishy.

Well there was news about Adani group taking over Adhunik Group of industries. Its a known fact, Adani group is the backer of Hindu Zionist leader Nurundur Mudi, so its only expected of the Adhunik Group of industries to be getting rid of Haji Sahab like people from the management team.

Back
Top Bottom