What's new

Muslim couple faces social boycott for protecting Hindu temple

Shabrimala is another such place. To pray to lord Iyyappa, you need to first pay homage to a Darga....Some one with more info on this can add/correct me!

You are right, All the devotees of Sabarimala goes to a mosque to pray before going to the temple..... The mosque is in a place called Erumeli (40 kms away from temple) and have 1 temple opposite to it. The best friend of Lord Ayyappa was "Vavar" who was a muslim..... Not only that there is a small place in sabarimala (near holy 18 steps) you can pray to Vavar... Most of the traders around sabarimala are muslims....... and i know Christians who visit sabbarimala........ Oh yeah the famous song "Harivarasanam" played to put swami in to sleep is sung by a christian.....

You are right, All the devotees of Sabarimala goes to a mosque to pray before going to the temple..... The mosque is in a place called Erumeli (40 kms away from temple) and have 1 temple opposite to it. The best friend of Lord Ayyappa was "Vavar" who was a muslim..... Not only that there is a small place in sabarimala (near holy 18 steps) you can pray to Vavar... Most of the traders around sabarimala are muslims....... and i know Christians who visit sabbarimala........ Oh yeah the famous song "Harivarasanam" played to put swami in to sleep is sung by a christian.....
How ridiculous that sounds! There is no method or way for Hindus..they worship every moving thing and make every baba a God..going to masjid before going to sabarimala? Do you know what a masjid stands for? It stands for monotheism..the fact that there is only one God.. Muslims who worship in masjid are so against idol worship..they wouldn't even think twice to break that idol of ayyappa..I am a Hindu..but I hate and abhor what Hindus do...the other day my wife went to this darga and offered a sweet box to fulfill her promise of visiting it if her wish was fulfilled..she(all Hindus ) calls the dead person in that tomb as Allah devudu (Allah God )..i tell her he is not God and even that dead person if he comes to know that you are calling him God would roll in his grave with pain...she doesn't listens to my words and asks me to repent .
I am getting tired of this nonsense...recently we had godavari pushkaras..lakhs of people without even knowing what it was about, went and dipped in the unclean water(actually there was little water which made the water even more ugly). I can list hundreds of highly stupid things that we do.

Hindus should put a stop to this nonsense of worshipping everything.

How ridiculous that sounds! There is no method or way for Hindus..they worship every moving thing and make every baba a God..going to masjid before going to sabarimala? Do you know what a masjid stands for? It stands for monotheism..the fact that there is only one God.. Muslims who worship in masjid are so against idol worship..they wouldn't even think twice to break that idol of ayyappa..I am a Hindu..but I hate and abhor what Hindus do...the other day my wife went to this darga and offered a sweet box to fulfill her promise of visiting it if her wish was fulfilled..she(all Hindus ) calls the dead person in that tomb as Allah devudu (Allah God )..i tell her he is not God and even that dead person if he comes to know that you are calling him God would roll in his grave with pain...she doesn't listens to my words and asks me to repent .
I am getting tired of this nonsense...recently we had godavari pushkaras..lakhs of people without even knowing what it was about, went and dipped in the unclean water(actually there was little water which made the water even more ugly). I can list hundreds of highly stupid things that we do.

Hindus should put a stop to this nonsense of worshipping everything.

SO Hindus should put a stop to this nonsense of worshipping everything just because YOU don't like it ? :cheesy:

How ridiculous that sounds! There is no method or way for Hindus..they worship every moving thing and make every baba a God..going to masjid before going to sabarimala? Do you know what a masjid stands for? It stands for monotheism..the fact that there is only one God.. Muslims who worship in masjid are so against idol worship.

This case is different from what you have learnt, or believed all these days...... When you get time do read about Sabarimala......

Kerala Hindus are a shamelessly community..they eat beef and suck up to Muslims and Christians calling themselves seculars...see what these Muslims have done? ostracising a fellow muslim simply because he practised pagans beliefs...Kerala Hindus should be beaten black and blue by these seculars.. at least then the reality will dawn on them.
Forgot to mention.. kerala Hindus are spineless bastrads too.

Yesterday spineful North Indian Hindus one of their own brethren because they were low caste .You guys are always eager to create news that insult this entire nation.So cut BS.

On topic :Now wher is the Sara Joseph and Satchidanandan.?

Cant Blame them ... These Nagas Serpant Gods of Sarpakavu are very powerful... that is the reason many non-Hindus dont buy property near to it...

I have 2 such Temple Kavus in my Family one from my fathers side and one from my fathers side. the vegetation even inside the smallest kavus is very Dense its literally pitch dark inside... only a Believer would have the Guts to go inside...

and these Naga gods are known to be very short tempered even plucking a leaf inside without their permission can agitate them... but praying with true devotion gives u good luck like no other...

75548541.jpg

Kavu.jpg

AXTMP_23_23VI.jpg

@Nair saab I agree with you.We also have two Sarpa Kavu ,both from parents families .In fact it is common in our community @nair

Well i 100% support protecting the religious sites of minorities including pakistani hindus but it,s will be very weird if i start worshiping their idols and call myself a muslim.

@Nair saab I agree with you.We also have two Sarpa Kavu ,both from parents families .In fact it is common in our community @nair
Yeah But I have seen Sarpa Kavu among Ezava and Nambodiri Community as well @Marxist But the Tiyyar dont usually have Kavus, I think they dont have a Martial histroy like the Ezava community who used to practice Kalari just like the Nairs ...

Apart from that I have a Kula Daivam Temple and a Badrakali Temple, as my paternal and Matrenal family are Kurup's and Paniker's ... I think most Nairs with Kurup and Panikar Surname have a Badrakali Temple for worshiping Shakti @kurup

This is a pluralistic Indian society .

Religion is about GOD and his Devotee . 3rd party nuisance must stop .

do you know of any hindu saying his prayers in a Masjid?
what sort of one sided stories are these?-
where minority has to give in to the majority's dharam?

There is more to it than faith - This can be considered as a 'green lung' or wild life sanctuary in every village

Yeah But I have seen Sarpa Kavu among Ezava and Nambodiri Community as well @Marxist But the Tiyyar dont usually have Kavus, I think they dont have a Martial histroy like the Ezava community who used to practice Kalari just like the Nairs ...

Apart from that I have a Kula Daivam Temple and a Badrakali Temple, as my paternal and Matrenal family are Kurup's and Paniker's ... I think most Nairs with Kurup and Panikar Surname have a Badrakali Temple for worshiping Shakti @kurup

In here it is 'Dharmadaivam' and ours is an ancient Bhadrakali temple .Rules in there is very strict and goddess in there is in most fierce form.That temple have two Srikovail .One is ancient inside the Kavu and other is new one .The main Pujari in ancient one is a Kurup .Brahmins and womans are not allowed in there .Only men are allowable in there .
New one is in the same compound .And Brahmins are the poojari in there .Woman can worship in tgat temple .But this new one is far away from the Kavu .
@kurup @nair .Perhaps you.may know that temple.

There is a story in ther for this new regulations.

In here it is 'Dharmadaivam' and ours is an ancient Bhadrakali temple .Rules in there is very strict and goddess in there is in most fierce form.That temple have two Srikovail .One is ancient inside the Kavu and other is new one .The main Pujari in ancient one is a Kurup .Brahmins and womans are not allowed in there .Only men are allowable in there .
New one is in the same compound .And Brahmins are the poojari in there .Woman can worship in tgat temple .But this new one is far away from the Kavu .
@kurup @nair .Perhaps you.may know that temple.

There is a story in ther for this new regulations.
Ohh Sorry sorry its same here Dharma Daivam not Kula Daivam ... But our Dharma Daivam is now popular among local as well and all villagers to the temple and now outsiders are also part of the Temple Administration...

Other then Dharma Daivam we have Shakti temple and Sarpakavu... all are located in different Places ... our family is now totally mixed up in terms of surname most have surnames as Kurup and Paniker but there are Pillai's , Nair's and even one family has Surname as Verma :o: one of my distant cousin has married a Catholic girl while one married an Ezava boy while an another Distant cousin married an Vishwakarma girl and my brother in law is a Nair from Kannur but his family call themselves as Yadavas ...

Asiya and Abubacker, a Muslim couple in Kerala is allegedly facing a social boycott from their community.

Their fault, if it can be called one, has been to take care of a Hindu snake temple for the last seventeen years. It was part of the land given to them by their ancestors in Perumbavoor in Ernakulam district of Kerala. When the couple came to believe the presence of a snake at their home, they started worshiping it. But this hurt the sentiments of members of their community.

"We have been living here for the last 50 years. For 25 years we went through a lot of hardship. These snake gods came as saviors. We looked after them in secret for about 13 yrs and then everybody came to know about it through our daughter-in-law. People threatened us, asked us to destroy it," said 65 year old Asiya.

She claims that the temple has been demolished several times by their detractors in the last four years and each time, she and her husband rebuilt it. What is more painful is the way they are treated at the mosque, says 75 yr old Abubacker, "One Friday when I was at the mosque they criticized me during a speech, about my beard, my cap. They even criticized me for going to Haj. I have never gone to that mosque since".

The local cleric denied that the couple had been debarred from entering the mosque. However, he said that they had gone against the beliefs of the community. "We never asked him (Abubacker) to not enter the mosque. He stopped coming. If he wants to follow another faith then let him," said the cleric.

The Waqf board which received a complaint from Abubacker explaining how the couple had been ostracized by denying the share of meat from mosque during Bakrid, refusing to accept their membership fee and criticizing them frequently during religious speeches, has now stepped in to take action.

"We have received a complaint from Abubacker stating they are facing a social boycott. We will call both parties for hearing. People should be allowed to follow their belief. Boycotting them for that reason is unacceptable," said BM Jamal, CEO Kerala State Waqf Board.

In spite of all that they have faced, Asiya and Abubacker find no contradiction in their beliefs. The two light a lamp in front of the small temple situated amidst a grove and do their Namaz holding up to their inter-religious faith.

Muslim couple faces social boycott for protecting Hindu temple : India, News - India Today

Secular Mallu Land.

@magudi @Star Wars @JanjaWeed @Guynextdoor2 @The_Showstopper

What do you want to prove with this. Whats your agenda?

I know of one Muslim man from Mangalore who worships 'Naga'
I don't think the best way for a secular society is that muslims loose their religion. I mean worshipping a snake God???. There are clearly other ways to show solidarity with our hindu brothers. Invite them to homes, help them in times of need. Take part in their festivals without loosing your religion..

I mean why does all the good news for Indians be in the form of a muslim abandoning his religion and then he is linked to hinduism-then it means he expresses solidarity with hindus.

Well i 100% support protecting the religious sites of minorities including pakistani hindus but it,s will be very weird if i start worshiping their idols and call myself a muslim.
The Indians do not see it this way. I am secular but I don't think the focus to prove religious harmony and tolerance should be on us loosing our traditions and way of life. Becoming hinduish becomes a benchmark for the Indians to gauge tolerance and that is poor policy that displays insecurity not tolerance. A muslim child dressing up as a Hindu God. A muslim man worshipping Rama... theres the flaw in thinking right there.

Secularism should rid itself of religious influences to truly thrive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom